Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Star Tours for Disneyland not opening unitl June?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New Star Tours for Disneyland not opening unitl June?

According to this article from Inside the Magic the Disneyland Star Tours will not be opening until June while the WDW version opens on May 20th for Star Wars Weekends.

Re: New Star Tours for Disneyland not opening unitl June?

Hmmm,I had originally heard the other way around, since ours closed earlier then WDW's.

Comment

I, on the otherhand, heard that Star Tours will open earlier. A friend of mine told me the opening date that it will open from the most reliable source.
      I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
      - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

My money is still on May.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

WTW (What the Walt?)

Then why the heck did our close earlier if it was going to open later? Unless our Q got a MASSIVE overhaul compared to WDW's version I don't see why we would get our later besides that fact that Mermaid is opening.
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I'm not seeing any source links on the original article. Am I just overlooking it, or does it seem like it's pulling this info out of thin air?
            Disneyland Resort Photography by Quiksotik
            Disneyland parking attendant: "Have a magical day, yo!"

Comment

Fingers crossed the story is wrong. I'm still hoping for May, at least a soft opening. I'm coming to LA June 1st and during that trip may be my only Disney fix this year.

Comment

The info is coming from an official WDW Press Release-
                Disney Season Summer 2011: Disney Parks Guests Can Venture to Planets Coruscant and Tatooine

and at Disneyland Park in California (scheduled to reopen in June)
                The same article is saying summer openings for The Little Mermaid- Ariel's Undersea Adventure, as well as Mickey's Soundsational Parade. (scroll down to the bottom of the press release)
                At Disneyland Resort, a new attraction and a new parade also are debuting this summer:
                "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                  WTW (What the Walt?)

Then why the heck did our close earlier if it was going to open later? Unless our Q got a MASSIVE overhaul compared to WDW's version I don't see why we would get our later besides that fact that Mermaid is opening.
                  I would think the ST Queue is getting a major overhaul which could explain the possibility of a June opening. I will still think they will open it the same time as TLM to balance the crowds in both parks.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                  The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                  Indy Ride Count: 2211
                  World of Color Count: 74

Comment

They may have decided to postpone the May opening so it doesn't take away from the Little Mermaid opening...I heard a while back from someone that was the rumor in the parks
                    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

Comment

I'd rather that Disneyland open it in June so that they can take all the time they need in order to add the details required to make it a great ride.

Comment

I heard our Star Tours was fancier than WDW's version, which would explain the extra time needed.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Well, like someone else said, I'd rather they take their time on this than for TDA to rush it, half-heart it, and push for May. At least they'll probably want to fix all of the kinks from Florida's version.

Comment

Plus making it a perk for Star Wars Weekends to get it first seems like a no brainer.

Comment

Take into effect we're getting the Pirates 4 premier in May. It's going to get really busy this summer with all that's going on.

- Pirates Premier
                              - Soundsational
                              - Star Tours 2.0
                              -Summer Nightastic promotion (unless changed otherwise)
                              - The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure
                              - World of Color's second summer
                              - (tentative, since I don't officially know) Glowfest/Electronica/summer dance party in HPB

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X