• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbaraann
    Chicago Gal
    • Apr 2005

Trip Report Barbaraann's "Long Time Coming" 6th Anniversary Trip Report

I just spent 6 days at Disneyland, and before this latest trip I hadn't been to California since December of 2008. I was really happy that my latest trip would coincide with MiceChat celebrating their 6th Anniversary. This trip has been a long time coming, and I must warn you in advance, this trip report might be a long time coming. I took 8 memory cards along on my trip. One for each day. My 8 day planned trip turned into 10 days in California due to a blizzard back in Chicago. So if you have the time, take a peek.

This is of course what every one of us might see before we board an airplane to our planned destination. As you can see Chicago is 1726 miles away from Santa Ana California. I am happy to report that my plane took off on time, and I had a very pleasant flight for those 1726 miles. I like flying into the John Wayne Airport. It is easy for me to get from there to whatever hotel I have chosen to stay at. This time, that was going to be the Howard Johnson, on Harbor Blvd.

I traveled lite, so all I had to do was look for the Ground Transportation sign, after landing at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011, 09:15 AM.
    BarbaraAnn

• Barbaraann
    Chicago Gal
    • Apr 2005

Re: Barbaraann's "Long Time Coming" 6th Anniversary Trip Report

I didn't head out to Ground transportaion right away, of course, since I knew that it could be about an hour at least before we pulled in front of my hotel. The Ladies room was easily found, and when I finished there, and made my way outside, I knew that I was indeed in California again, once I saw one of my very favorite sights.

Palm Trees. I just love them.

In my rush to get to my bus, I almost missed something, that I promised myself that I wouldn't miss this time, and that was the "John Wayne Statue".. I absolutely loved John Wayne's movies, and I wanted to photograph his statue. I must admit, that I walked right past it the first time. How does one miss something that big? I guess you could say, I was excited.

After saying goodbye to the "Duke". I purchased my roundtrip ticket on the Disneyland Express Bus, and I was on my way to ANaheim California, and the Howard Johnson Hotel.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011, 09:43 AM.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
      Chicago Gal
      • Apr 2005

I put my camera on "sport mode", and aimed it at the signs along the way. I was pleasantly surprised later on, when I saw that I had a few great shots of Disneyland's Matterhorn, and Space Mountain. Not to mention more great California Palm Trees.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011, 10:04 AM.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Kritter
        He Gets The Job Done
        • Oct 2006

Great TR so far, Barbara! Can't wait for more!

Comment

• Meville
          I'm from Canada eh!
          • Nov 2008

The HOJO is our hotel of choice when at Disney. Can't wait for more.
          I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

• coopercaseycody
            Triple Goddess
            • Apr 2008

I can't wait for more!

Comment

• chadb14
              • Feb 2005

Keep 'em coming - enjoying it so far

Comment

• ssaamm
                Banned User
                • Jun 2010

Great report so far : )

Comment

• Barbaraann
                  Chicago Gal
                  • Apr 2005

During my last trip to California, back in 2008, I became really good friends, with MiceChatter, PurpleDove. Margo and I talk a lot by telephone, and I asked her to come be my roommate on my very first night at the HoJo. She agreed, and we met at Mimi's Cafe for dinner. We stayed up very late that night talking. Margo brought along her brand new little laptop computer, and she shared a lot of Disney magic with me by way of parade, fireworks, and various other Disney videos. Our plan was to spend all of Thursday, my first park day in the parks together.

This is Margo.

..........and this is me, Barbaraann.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011, 12:06 PM.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

• royaldisneyfan
                    KC to DL= 1,640 miles
                    • Jun 2007

Very cool Barbaraann! I remember staying at HoJo and eating at Mimi's on my very first trip to Disneyland when I was 11. Gosh this brings back the good ol' memories.

Can't wait for the rest!
                    sigpic
                    Home away from Home.

Comment

• Barbaraann
                      Chicago Gal
                      • Apr 2005

After eating a scrumptious breakfast, Margo, and I headed to the parks. I was excited. This was the first time that I would be seeing Disneyland in over two year's time. My first sights, were World of Color banners, Memories signs, monorails, Mickey Benches, and people lined up for Magic Morning. I had forgotten that it was Magic Morning. So instead of following all those people into Disneyland Park, Margo, and I decided that we would go into DCA instead. I missed the sight of the California letters. I do admit that Margo, and I took a lot of pictures of all those walls that were up where the letters used to be. However I promised myself that there would be no "Walls" in my trip report.
                      Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011, 04:08 PM.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                        Chicago Gal
                        • Apr 2005

Margo needed to take care of some business in Guest Relations. While she did that, I got my camera ready to take some pictures of some things that I knew would soon be gone.

It was fun posing with various things along the paths that lead to the rides in DCA, that I wanted to ride. One of these were the Cars, from the movie of the same name.

We rode Soarin, and later on Margo beat me badly on Toy Story Midway Mania.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011, 04:34 PM.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                          Chicago Gal
                          • Apr 2005

This post is dedicated to my favorite ride at DCA, which is Mickey's Fun Wheel.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011, 05:07 PM.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                            Chicago Gal
                            • Apr 2005

After spending a few hours in DCA, Margo and I headed back over to Disneyland. We arrived about 11:30 a.m., which actually was perfect, since we had a noon reservation at Cafe Orleans. I stopped for pictures at all of my favorite spots. The Mickey Floral, the sign over the tunnel, the clock on Main Street.

Our lunch at Cafe Orleans, was so yummy. I had the Monte Cristo, and Margo had the Onion Soup and the Cafe's famous fries. I admit to eating way too much. It made me kind of sluggish on my very first afternoon at Disneyland.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011, 05:36 PM.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

• penguinsoda
                              Jester of Randomness
                              MiceChat Moderator
                              • Jan 2005

:clap: Whoo Hooo!! A Barbara trip report!!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                Chicago Gal
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                                :clap: Whoo Hooo!! A Barbara trip report!!!!
                                I have decided to do a more traditional trip report this time. It's been a long time coming, and like I said, I most likely will take a while to complete it.

So check back regularly. I hope you like it. I know that I had a really great time in California.
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

• stevo505
                                  Banned User
                                  • Jan 2007

Can't wait for more pictures!

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                    Chicago Gal
                                    • Apr 2005

I can not visit Disneyland, without taking a lot of pictures of the small Pinocchio/Jiminy Cricket statue that is present in the Hub. Actually, while I was taking pictures of the statue, a photopass photographer named Dave came by and took my picture with Jiminy and Pinocchio. He also did the special photo of her with Minnie. While Dave was shooting pictures, he told us about a special media event that would be taking place that evening in front of IASW. Later that evening, Margo and I and a few other MiceChatters checked it out.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011, 06:05 PM.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                      Chicago Gal
                                      • Apr 2005

It wouldn't be a trip to Disneyland without taking a lot of pictures of the castle. Here is one of those taken on my very afternoons in the park.

Fantasyland is my favorite land in Dsineyland. Margo and I rode some rides there. If I am remembering correctly, we enjoyed Peter Pan, The Carousel, and Casey Jr. Margo was nice enough to take pictures of me, as I enjoyed my ride on Dumbo. Dumbo has always been a favorite of mine.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-11-2011, 06:28 PM.
                                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• micromind
                                        world class bilge rat
                                        • Aug 2009

Great TR, Barb!! Love it!

I'm glad you got to come to DL for the MC Anniversary, and especially the RCMC Dinner.

Wish we could have chatted longer though.

Rob

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X