Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Summer Nightastic Returning To DL/WDW? How Soon Did They Announce It Last Year?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is Summer Nightastic Returning To DL/WDW? How Soon Did They Announce It Last Year?

I'm going during the summer, still can't decide whether or not to visit Disneyland or WDW for the summer. I guess it all depends on the Summer happenings.

I suspected that Disneyland would get the Electrical Parade back this summer and lead with a "we've got Main Street's Electrical Parade" back on Main Street U.S.A. but I think in the new travel DVD for the parks, well it mentioned WDW having the Electrical Parade this year. I have to rewatch it again to get confirmation.

But how soon last year did they announce Summer Nightastic returning and the additions for the Summer Nightastic promotion?

It would be amazing if the new Disneyland Parade had a feature where it could be seen during the day and it was a light show at night. But here's to wishing.

Re: Is Summer Nightastic Returning To DL/WDW? How Soon Did They Announce It Last Year

EP will remain at WDW this year because the construction at DCA is still preventing any full parade from being performed.

World of Color, Fantasmic! and Magical will remain as the major parts of DLR's Nightastic! The only thing I see different is ElecTRONica which will replace Glow Fest (got extended to Labor Day).

They announced last years I think around March. That was when WoC's debut was announced too early.

Little Mermaid, Star Tours 2 and Goofy's Sky School will likley be thrown into the mix to promote them.

I'm not sure about WDW, but hopefully they do better, I heard their Nightastic! was "turrible".

Oh well, maybe their F! will get a new dragon that will break down before Nightastic starts for them and it will be delayed for 3 months .

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Re: Is Summer Nightastic Returning To DL/WDW? How Soon Did They Announce It Last Year

I don't think anything new will come to Summer Nightastic 2011, I just imagine they'll play up Little Mermaid, Star Tours, and the Magic Memories and You show.

Comment

Other than the projection show on Small World, none of the new attractions this year are nighttime event. It's better to consider the big new attractions.

At DL: Star Tours - the journey continues
        The Little Mermaid attraction and the new
        Soundsational Parade.

At WDW: I've only heard that Star Tours is new.

Of course you will want to weigh in what other older attractions you want to see.
        Perhaps if you want to see Harry Potter at Universal, that might sway your decision to Florida.
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
          Other than the projection show on Small World, none of the new attractions this year are nighttime event. It's better to consider the big new attractions.

At DL: Star Tours - the journey continues
          The Little Mermaid attraction and the new
          Soundsational Parade.

At WDW: I've only heard that Star Tours is new.

Of course you will want to weigh in what other older attractions you want to see.
          Perhaps if you want to see Harry Potter at Universal, that might sway your decision to Florida.
          That's what I was going to say WDW bug Summer is next year (we'll both DCA and WDW will have Big summers)

Unless your going to IOA this summer I say wait to go to WDW until next year when they are done on most of the Fantasyland expansion but this summer the Disneyland resort has many new things going on, and small stuff like the WOC getting a Cars 2 Ending (like Tron's)
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Valentine's Day | Special Events | Disneyland Park

Hot summer days blaze into Summer Nightastic! at The Disneyland Resort. With later park hours, you have more time to enjoy favorite nighttime entertainment.
            Stay out late with:
            Come back in early June 2011 for more details! In the meantime, we have many other Seasonal Events.
            Interesting that Aladdin is now included. So, will they be running the show in the evenings this summer, or did someone just throw a bunch of stuff onto the website?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron W View Post

Interesting that Aladdin is now included. So, will they be running the show in the evenings this summer, or did someone just throw a bunch of stuff onto the website?
              I'm thinking it's just filler for the website. It's got to be.
              "People of Earth, how are you?"

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself.
              Fish are friends, not food."

Comment

Originally posted by Ron W View Post

Aladdin was actually included in last year's Summer Nightastic. They started doing evening shows, including some at 8:50PM. Due to low attendance, they eventually scrapped the latest show and instead did the final show at 7PM.
                - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

that's odd they didn't mention elecTRONica

Comment

Originally posted by imagineerthat View Post
                    that's odd they didn't mention elecTRONica

It's because this is just a list of LAST YEAR'S items. NO announcement has been regarding 'Nightastic' for 2011. This webpage is mainly a placeholder that was created last FALL after the end of Nightastic.
                    (Look at the 'Holiday Time at DLR' section... it is purely a list of last year's items.)
                    "People of Earth, how are you?"

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself.
                    Fish are friends, not food."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X