Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Staggs Talks About the Future of Visiting Disney Parks (NextGen)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tom Staggs Talks About the Future of Visiting Disney Parks (NextGen)

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
    To be fair, Mr. Staggs did say that there were elements of this he couldn't discuss yet. I doubt the full billion is just for this new FP system and queue upgrades he mentioned.
    That was exactly my point. Clearly this initiative spans much more than what people are imagining here. It probobly ties in with the command center that was opened recently and has connections to almost every aspect of the park from staffing to supply to lines to attractions to....

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
    The "Interactive" ques, slow down the lines. I cannot tell you how annoying the "Interactive" que is in Space Mountain at Dworld or the Soarin Epcot is. It slows down the standby line and makes you wait behind others who insist to continue playing with the "interactive" components of the que.
    Spend money on new attractions, E-ticket attractions, truly next gen attractions like IOA did with Harry Potter's flight. This is what we need, not more Princess "meet and greets" and interactive ques.

Increase ride capacity by dealing with load and unload issues, maintenance and cast training.

Increase guest spending by offering higher quality eateries, merchandise and package offerings.
    Do cars get dispatched late or with empty seats that would be filled otherwise? I have a feeling that they do not. Your wait time isn't increased but the lack of movement is just making you restless. Its too bad really. Disney puts so much work into its queues and people run through it and push up as far as they can for no reason because they think it gets them there faster.

This s why Indy should have a CM guided tour to slow down the movement of groups into the temple and stuff like that. The interactive queues are not going to be limited to what we have now, so lets not limit our imaginations and decide its bad before we know what were getting. Disney is already spending loads on new attractions around the world, so clammoring for more instead of initiatives that might actually entertain people and allow a larger capacity is really just selfish for those who want to do rides, rides rides and nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor View Post
      That was exactly my point. Clearly this initiative spans much more than what people are imagining here. It probobly ties in with the command center that was opened recently and has connections to almost every aspect of the park from staffing to supply to lines to attractions to....
      I would agree. This is aimed at tightening the efficiency of the entire park. Not only guest experience, but how that guest experience is delivered and all the aspects of backstage that tie to that apply to on-stage guest experience. If they can make the back end more efficient, faster then front-end stuff gets faster and better.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Welcome to Westworld

To all who come to this perfectly planned vacationland ... welcome!

Stepford Wives land .. is everyone's land.

MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Just kidding around.

I'm sure this will new system will come in handy for the out of town vacationer.

For the locals though .........

could really careless.
          MY SIGNATURE:
          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
            Just kidding around.

I'm sure this will new system will come in handy for the out of town vacationer.

could really careless.
            What if this means that as a local with no hotel booking at the Disneyland hotel, your ride waits are double or more as they just walk on with their pre-booked FP tickets from months before? What if it means that food and restaurants can't take you for a reservation because the number of walk ins and call in priority seating seats drops in each restaurant to accommodate those with a hotel booking? Then won't you think it will affect the locals?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
              Just kidding around.

could really careless.
              eeeehhh I'm not sure, you'd be amazed how little vacationers will understand and refuse to plan ahead.

If anything an out of towner would be more unprepared then an annual passholder who may complain but would adjust and abuse the new system assuming the system applied for people who don't stay at Disney resort hotels.

If it only applys to the hotel guests at a DISNEY hotel then the effect wouldn't be very pronounced at DLR at all as there are MANY out of town vacationers who don't spend the huge amount of money to stay at a Disney hotel.
              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor View Post
                What if this means that as a local with no hotel booking at the Disneyland hotel, your ride waits are double or more as they just walk on with their pre-booked FP tickets from months before? What if it means that food and restaurants can't take you for a reservation because the number of walk ins and call in priority seating seats drops in each restaurant to accommodate those with a hotel booking? Then won't you think it will affect the locals?

Very good points, infact it is a almost impossible to get any reservations in Disneyworld unless you book months and months ahead. This I imagine will only get worse and also spread to the Wesr coast more and more.

What a bummer it will be to have all reservations to eateries and attraction fast passes already assigned for the day months in advance!

Comment

Sounds like a horrible idea to me. It separates the planners versus the non-planners. I'm a planner, so I would probably be able to take advantage of the system, but it sounds just awful to me. This would mean longer lines for spontaneous decisions and more and more people out in the walkways, shops, and restaurants. The annual pass holder and the frequent Disneyland guest would probably live high on the hog, while the lowly family that just shows up or clueless foriegners would suffer the most.

Why is that everytime I hear another rumor about what the Disney corporation wants to do at Disneyland, I get sick to my stomach and want to vomit?

SMA94
                  Very few have had the privilege of operating Space Mountain. Fewer still have pushed the A-lift stop. I am one of those few.

Comment

Again: this sounds like something more for WDW than for DLr. As soon as "Disney Parks" people understand how different the two resort areas are, they'll learn that it's better to manage them differently and separately.

Can't predict when this will be, though. Lots invested in the "Disney Parks" concept.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                      Again: this sounds like something more for WDW than for DLr. As soon as "Disney Parks" people understand how different the two resort areas are, they'll learn that it's better to manage them differently and separately.

Can't predict when this will be, though. Lots invested in the "Disney Parks" concept.
                      Agreed 100%. The whole one parks thing is a nightmare.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                        Seems the whole impetus behind this idea ... was directed mainly to WDW.

That's a real vacation resort. From the beginning. Going on 4 decades.

Disneyland on the other hand is more the local/regional park .. surrounded by a region of 17 million people .. who visit on a single day, and that's it.

Only in the last 10 years has Disneyland been a "resort" with a second gate, and three hotel properties (DLH, Paradise Pier H., Grand Californian).

I think execs want so badly for DLR to be a twin to WDW.

But they are not quite the same .. now are they?

To treat them the same is futile!

Not with 17 million residents surrounding Disneyland ... with over 1 million AP holders.
                        MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Working...
                        X