Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: What's your score?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bass Shakers
    Minion
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tech_Disney
    Nice contradiction there. First you say you like it better now, then you say it became less like USC and more like UCLA. How can anything be an improvement if it became less like USC and more like UCLA? Besides, USC is cardinal and gold, not brass, brown, yellow, and other assorted crappy colors.
    Booooooo.
    Anyway, there was some of that deep red in there before. Like on the walls around the Star Tours extended queue. And of course, plenty of gold.

Congrats to all on the scores! I'd like to try one time going through the ride spinning the whole time and shooting wildly -- see how much I can hit by accident. And maybe get my Teacups fix since they still seem not to spin all that fast.

Can't wait to see what the online portion is like. Maybe we can one-up each other there as well.
    My finger points.

Comment

• Bass Shakers
      Minion
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by AP2CM
      Has anyone else noticed the black glossy diamond-shaped target hidden in the "warp tunnel" right before the scene with buzz and zurg? Its on the right wall when facing forward. I'm not sure how much it's worth (5000?) but it's hidden very well in the tunnel. I amost missed it and it's RIGHT in front of the XP-40s (like...3 feet away)!
      I know I hit something in that tunnel as it/I was whizzing by. The target was as dark as the walls and I didn't notice the shape or the point value. I wonder if there are any other camouflaged targets in the ride. I'd like there to be one so impossibly hidden that, if you ever hit it, alarms sound, confetti falls and Buzz Lightyear personally congratulates you, or some other equally extraordinary departure from the status quo.
      My finger points.

Comment

• skimamf
        • Mar 2005

790,600 last night... as far as the targets this is what i have determined... The triangle targets are worth 10,000. The diamond targets are worth 5,000. Then I am not sure what the sqaure and circle targets are, but the squares are worth more than the circles. I think the squares might be worth 1,000 and circles maybe 500? Also, if the green light on your gun flashes, but the target you are shooting at doesn't flash in unison with your gun then you only get 100 points, I haven't figured out what causes this yet, just found that to be the point values related.

Comment

• revol yensid
          MiceChatter
          • Jan 2005

Today I rode and got 999,999 but it stopped and I had lots of time to shoot a triangle target on the carousel monster's eye on the Planet Z. I was disappointed not to know what my final score was because it was beyond the range...but on the high score listings for the day at the exit above the photo place there were only two scores above 1000000 so presumably one was mine! The highest was 1060000 i think. Also, if you look on Zurg's chest at the center between the two plates of "armor" or whatever there is a tiny hole maybe half an inch in diameter...shoot there...many plus very good to get and hard to get too. There are 3 "hidden" targets in the speed tunnel...one on left, right and ceiling. It seems like they are spending less and less time on creep mode and the ride becomes shorter for the riders now as everything is up to speed and the CM's more experienced...I like it when it creeps or pauses though, more time to shoot.

Comment

• Bass Shakers
            Minion
            • Feb 2005

skimamf and revol yensid, thanks so much for the info. I've got to head back with a new strategy.
            Do you think the issue where a flashing gun only gives 100 points if the target doesn't light up has something to do with the targets or with the shooter's aim? I got paused at point blank range in front of some targets and they just wouldn't light up for anyone, even if my gun did. Are these targets "broken" and the system just gives you a consolation 100 points by default since your gun flashed? I wonder if this status will change with time.

I must admit, though I like this ride a lot it seems to me that it might be high maintenance in the future. What if you're ever unlucky enough to get an omnimover whose spin isn't working or even worse, whose gun isn't working? That would be a real downer. And with all those moving parts -- people pulling the triggers over and over and over again, and some decently complex electronics -- there are a lot of variables. If the blasters are anything like real toys...
            My finger points.

Comment

• AP2CM
              "Retired" DL Tour Guide
              • Jan 2005

with respect to the "broken" targets, remember -- the ride is still in previews so everything shouldn't be expected to work perfectly. Most of the emailed pictures aren't rendering the scores properly either (most are coming out as "0"). I am sure most, if not all of these inconsistencies will be fixed before the press event/grand opening of the ride.
              -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
              -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
              --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

• skimamf
                • Mar 2005

I understand that this is still the "soft opening" period and that any problems the ride might be having at this point will likely be fixed by the time the grand opening occurs on the 17th. Having said this, I have to agree with Bass Shakers that this ride seems like one that will be very difficult as well as very expensive to maintain. This ride has many moving parts, and many of these moving parts are used by the rider who is not always so gentle. I enjoy this ride a great deal, but I have a feeling we may never see every target, and every ride vehicle operating. There are just too many moving targets, and it seems like it is easy for these targets to malfunction, by either not moving as they should be, or by not recognizing the guns shooting at them. Also, I am afraid the guns could suffer from being over extended too many times, and hopefully whatever is used for the spin mechanism is reliable. I hope this ride stays well maintained and has few problems, but I just see a lot of potential problems, lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Comment

• CaptainCM
                  The Magics in the details
                  • Mar 2005

I'm more interested in the maintinance of the blasters since people are prone to tug on them and toss them around, but as with all things attraction related, they are designed to stand up to a good amount of abuse... we'll see.
                  "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
                  Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
                  "
                  -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

• Alchimedes
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jan 2005

:bow:
                    Originally posted by AP2CM
                    I took a ride on BLAB this evening and got off with 602,500
                    :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Bow Yea kneel before the great blaster!!!
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• Stargirl
                      Random Thinking
                      • Feb 2005

Yeah, um, 49,000. That would be level 3, I think. I always sucked at shooting games anyway. Besides, thats a workable score for me to try to beat, doncha think?
                      525,600 minutes...how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

• NyYankFanKen
                        Space King
                        • Jan 2005

409,000 tonight

Comment

• SoCal
                          MiceChatter
                          • Jan 2005

NO stops, and one slowdown:

This was on my 3rd time riding it.

And if you want to see the point levels then click here

Comment

• Tiggeriffic
                            • Mar 2005

Not sure my exact score, but it said I was a Space Scout which I know was a level 4. And my brother was a level 3.
                            Remain Seated Please..... :o

Comment

• ni_teach
                              Just this guy......
                              • Jan 2005

:bow: SoCalDude :bow:

I could only get over 200,000 yesteday.
                              Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

• bauton
                                Zurg blaster
                                • Jan 2005

High scores

Lets keep those 600,000 point scores going. That's the only way us online folks can get a high score.
                                Getting Lucky in Kentucky

Comment

• llama5492
                                  Disney Secrets Master
                                  • Jun 2005

Wow i suck your guys scores are good! I got 64,000
                                  Putting the um in forum. Um...

Comment

• llama5492
                                    Disney Secrets Master
                                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by SoCalDude
                                    NO stops, and one slowdown:

This was on my 3rd time riding it.

And if you want to see the point levels then click here
                                    Thanks for the score board picture!
                                    Putting the um in forum. Um...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X