Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

    As I left the park today, a friend just texted me that the Rivers Of America is 101 and is pending investigation. From the looks of it, there are divers in the water and both showing of Fantasmic! are cancelled and a third World Of Color show has been added. It might have to do with the boat tracks.

    Anyone have anymore info to add??

    EDIT: I meant today, 3/5/2011!!! Whoops!
    Last edited by The Disney Ninja; 03-05-2011, 04:41 PM. Reason: Wrong date.........
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

  • #2
    re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

    Well that doesn't sound good at all.

    And what does 101 mean? We must be thinking of different terminology haha

    Update: Found this on the DisneylandNow twitter:
    Issues with the track switch in the Rivers of America are gonna keep Fan! dark tonight.

    Comment


    • #3
      re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

      Refurb!??
      Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

      Comment


      • #4
        re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

        Originally posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
        Refurb!??
        The ROA were down for an extended refurb not all that long ago....i think it was down for about 4 months at the start of last year. Shouldn't need a real refurb yet.

        HOpefully the problem is minor and gets fixed without having to drain the rivers again.
        -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory




        Originally posted by drphibes
        SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
        Originally posted by ReverendGonzo
        Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
        DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon


        FB, Twitter

        Comment


        • #5
          re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

          Originally posted by dth316 View Post
          Well that doesn't sound good at all.

          And what does 101 mean? We must be thinking of different terminology haha

          Update: Found this on the DisneylandNow twitter:
          Issues with the track switch in the Rivers of America are gonna keep Fan! dark tonight.
          101 means "Attraction is down". It's the radio frequency code they use to announce to cast members when some thing closes due to a problem with the attraction.
          -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory




          Originally posted by drphibes
          SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
          Originally posted by ReverendGonzo
          Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
          DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon


          FB, Twitter

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

            I hate to be "that guy" but it's just kinda... I dunno, lame to me when unless you're a CM, using codes and such that CMs do for stuff. Just kinda seems like trying to sound more "inside" then need be.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

              Originally posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
              I hate to be "that guy" but it's just kinda... I dunno, lame to me when unless you're a CM, using codes and such that CMs do for stuff. Just kinda seems like trying to sound more "inside" then need be.
              Indeed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

                Originally posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
                I hate to be "that guy" but it's just kinda... I dunno, lame to me when unless you're a CM, using codes and such that CMs do for stuff. Just kinda seems like trying to sound more "inside" then need be.
                Except most people do know what it means, so it's not like he's flaunting his knowledge. And saying the Rivers of America is broken down sounds stupid.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

                  Saying Rivers of America is broken down or 101 at all is silly :P The river isn't 101. They could still ferry people to Tom Sawyer's Island and run the canoes during the day. The Mark Twain and Columbia are 101. =)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

                    The track switch moved out of place. The Columbia hit it then derailed. The switch is damaged as well as the track itself. Two possibilities, the driver did not pay attention to the harbor lights or the track switch malfunctioned when the watercraft passed over it. Either way this will take awhile to fix.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

                      Originally posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
                      ... a friend just texted me that the Rivers Of America is 101...
                      Really? I don't feel that old at all.

                      Seriously, though, from what I'm hearing backstage (and this is all second/third hand), there's an issue with the track switch as per above. There wasn't enough time to do an examination of the Fantasmic infrastructure, so they considered playing it safe and cancelling at least the first fantasmic show. That's all I've got.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

                        Whoa that sounds like a huge problem! Does that mean that the track needs to be replaced.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

                          Originally posted by TShaman16 View Post
                          The track switch moved out of place. The Columbia hit it then derailed. The switch is damaged as well as the track itself. Two possibilities, the driver did not pay attention to the harbor lights or the track switch malfunctioned when the watercraft passed over it. Either way this will take awhile to fix.
                          If this is true that is way gnarly. Hope they get it fixed soon!


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

                            Originally posted by ryno1986 View Post
                            Except most people do know what it means, so it's not like he's flaunting his knowledge. And saying the Rivers of America is broken down sounds stupid.
                            Well, I'd debate whether "most" people know it or not, but the fact remains that many don't.

                            The OP went on to describe a bunch of "stuff" about Fantasmic closing, etc. It wouldn't be that difficult to say "River was closed to boat traffic" or some other simple, short phrase to let people know what was going on. Just by reading the post, it almost made me think 101 meant that someone got injured or jumped in the water or something like that.

                            Second of all, as pointed out, saying the River is 101 is as wrong or (as you call it, "stupid") as saying the river broke down. All that was needed is saying that the boats were shut down for an unknown reason. Simple.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Rivers Of America Is 101 On 3/5/11!!!

                              Originally posted by simba View Post
                              Well, I'd debate whether "most" people know it or not, but the fact remains that many don't.

                              The OP went on to describe a bunch of "stuff" about Fantasmic closing, etc. It wouldn't be that difficult to say "River was closed to boat traffic" or some other simple, short phrase to let people know what was going on. Just by reading the post, it almost made me think 101 meant that someone got injured or jumped in the water or something like that.

                              Second of all, as pointed out, saying the River is 101 is as wrong or (as you call it, "stupid") as saying the river broke down. All that was needed is saying that the boats were shut down for an unknown reason. Simple.
                              Originally posted by skybluefusion View Post
                              101 means "Attraction is down". It's the radio frequency code they use to announce to cast members when some thing closes due to a problem with the attraction.
                              Originally posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
                              I hate to be "that guy" but it's just kinda... I dunno, lame to me when unless you're a CM, using codes and such that CMs do for stuff. Just kinda seems like trying to sound more "inside" then need be.
                              Originally posted by ryno1986 View Post
                              Except most people do know what it means, so it's not like he's flaunting his knowledge. And saying the Rivers of America is broken down sounds stupid.
                              Originally posted by almandot View Post
                              Saying Rivers of America is broken down or 101 at all is silly :P The river isn't 101. They could still ferry people to Tom Sawyer's Island and run the canoes during the day. The Mark Twain and Columbia are 101. =)
                              Once you see the title of the thread and go "That sounds interesting" and read the what the OP has written, you understand what the thread is about. Case closed.


                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X