Are there...are there flying cars yet?

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
      The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Diminishing Bank Account
      The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Temple of the Defaulted Loan

Shameless plug: I have a Band and You can buy our music at
      http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/zom...er/id514847110

Comment

Re: Disneyland in 2015: A Trip Report

Dude, Disney needs to read this. This is what Tomorrowland needs!
        The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

My Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/130606029@N05/

Comment

Bring me back a future souvenir, please?
          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
            WOAH.

I am still in 2011.
            Same! Maybe in 2014, I will understand this whole thing.

Originally posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
            Yes. But they are illegal in California.

Comment

I cann't believe you forgot your flippin' camera....

Comment

ahh u forgot ur camera ohh well I'll have to check it out in in 4 years cause im still stuck in 2011 :/

:whistling
                It's a music Celebration
                Come on, come on, come on
                Strike up the band,
                Feel the beat, what a great sensation
                Come on, come on, come on
                Move and clap your hands,
                Get into the Spirit
                Let everyone hear it,
                So come on, come on

:whistling
                Step into the Magic
                Watch the stories come alive
                Step into the Magic
                Every color shines so bright
                Step into the Magic!!!!
                :ap:
                -Disneyland Forever Fireworks

Comment

Yes. But they are illegal in California.
                  HAHAHA! That's hilarious.

Hey, great trip report! Too bad about the camera, though. But you didn't mention Splash Mountain's lap bars!
                  It's easy enough to be pleasant
                  when life hums along like a song.
                  But the man worth while
                  is the man who can smile
                  when everything goes dead wrong.

Comment

I hope people at Disney DO read this! Also, I would really like to have that Depp Space ride!!

Facebook me!
                    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Haha nice
                      But I must ask..
                      In the future, will my subscription to Disney Family Fun Magazine finally end?

Comment

The trip report continues...

After a busy morning in the new Tomorrowland, I hopped on the Disneyland Railroad to get to New Orleans Square. As I mentioned in my last post, the train station in Tomorrowland has been themed to a time-travel museum…there are diagrams and schematics of a time machine that looks a lot like the train you are about to board (which is possibly a nod to Back to the Future III…I'm not sure). It may be a stretch, but I was willing to play along!

The train itself is the same, but the section of track that shows the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas has been completely changed. The story now is that you are heading back in time, going from "tomorrow" to "yesterday" (meaning Mainstreet USA), but an "unfortunate mishap" (don't those always happen?) has caused the train to go back too far…back to the age of dinosaurs! The Grand Canyon diorama has been moved over to a building in DCA apparently (Cars Land possibly) and both sections are now full of fully animatronic dinosaurs and special effects. The glass is gone too, so it feels more like a miniature dark ride. I guess Disney did what they could with what room they had, and it is mostly effective. The kids on the train loved it of course.

I didn't exit the train at Main Street because I wanted to get over to New Orleans Square and get a mint julep and some food. After the shock of seeing the new Tomorrowland, it was comforting to see New Orleans Square, because it really hasn't changed much. After I got my food, I decided to hit the shops in NOS. I am so glad Disney changed how they sell merchandise a couple of years ago. Everything is like it was when I was a kid, specific items for sale based on the land you are in. Seeing Haunted Mansion and Pirates items (along with some generic New Orleans-type items) was great fun.

With most of the crowds enjoying the new Tomorrowland, lines for rides almost everywhere else were relatively short. I got on Pirates after only a wait of 5 minutes or so. With Pirates of the Caribbean 6 coming out this summer, I was a little afraid that the ride itself had been altered further. Thankfully, only some changes were made and most of them were fairly innocuous. Captain Jack is still there, but they've changed it back so the pirates are chasing the women…and not because of their food! Maybe this has something to do with the new movie, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. It appears that Disney's attempt to make the animatronics a little more smooth has paid off as well…it is the same old characters, but their movements are slightly more realistic. I think it is the best of both worlds, but I'm sure some purists won't like it. A classic ride! (When someone on MiceChat mentioned that they now sell air fresheners that smell like the water in POTC I thought it was a joke…until I saw them in the gift shop on the way out of the ride! I had to buy one.)

After POTC, I just took a survey of my surroundings. Should I hit Adventureland (I was curious about Indy's major refurb last year and the "new" Swiss Family Treehouse)…or Tom Sawyer's Island (as we all know, Fort Wilderness opened again a few months ago)…or head towards Bear Country? None of those actually…it was Haunted Mansion time!

Much like POTC, the Haunted Mansion is a classic ride in my favorite part of Disneyland (New Orleans Square). I didn't expect much in the way of changes (other than the addition of the Hatbox Ghost). I was correct and there isn't much to say here that hasn't been said by dozens of other MiceChatters over the last couple of years…the HBG just makes a great ride even greater! I'm also glad the ride is a lot darker which makes the improved lighting stand out even more. Another improved classic!

Where to next? Probably to last year's big addition to the park: Western River Expedition…stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by readandburn View Post
                          Should I hit Adventureland (I was curious about Indy's major refurb last year)
                          I really hope they removed that Shia LaBoeuf AA they added in back in 2012... talk about forced synergy!
                          *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                          *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                          *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

Please continue!
                            Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

POTC 6? hahaha nice

oh and i doubt the tree house will be turned back to swiss family.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X