Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Your Opinion of the Little Mermaid Exterior

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Your Opinion of the Little Mermaid Exterior

Based on a scale of 1-5 what is your artistic impression of the exterior of the new attraction? What could be improved? Which features do you like?

1. Poor
    1.54%
    2. Mediocre
    4.62%
    3. Moderate
    8.46%
    4. Good
    32.69%
    5. Excellent
    52.69%
    Last edited by Seawolf; 03-14-2011, 12:50 PM.

Re: Your Opinion of the Little Mermaid Exterior

It's stunningly gorgeous. One of the best exterior designs for any of the resort's attractions. Can't wait to see it at night.

Comment

I really like it. Looks classy and well thought out. 4.5 vote from me.

Comment

Is it me or does the building look a little too art-deco and not enough Victorian? Are there anymore details still to be added or worked out?

Comment

Are the trees aligned with the building? One of the trees isn't line up perfectly with the arch.
          Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
          - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
          - me too!

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
            Is it me or does the building look a little too art-deco and not enough Victorian? Are there anymore details still to be added or worked out?
            I see no actual art-deco elements on the building.

Comment

I really like the building. Elegant.
              4.5 / 5
              Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

I was expecting MUCH less of a detailed building can't wait to see it in person, at night and during WOC
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                  Is it me or does the building look a little too art-deco and not enough Victorian?
                  Originally posted by wulfblat View Post
                  I see no actual art-deco elements on the building.
                  I'm also curious what parts of the building you believe are too art deco. Do you have better pictures to share so that we can see what you mean?

I think it looks great. I think it will look better once it is just a touch weathered too!

Comment

It has far exceeded my Expectations! It's one hell of a classy building. There are no art Deco elements on the building although art deco was popular in the 30's so if it were, it would be decade appropriate. The Building itself was themed around the Rotunda which is Roman Style. The attention to detail is breathtaking with all the accoutrements

Comment

I haven't seen any nighttime pictures posted yet, but when I was there a couple nights ago, the stain glass looks really cool. It was glowing its multi-toned blue colors. It also reflected the colors from world of color pretty well, too, the glass almost appears red or green at different parts of the show.

Comment

I don't really care to opine on something like this, particular pre-completion and only seen in photos, but since this thread is specifically asking our opinions, I'll say: I'm not completely sold... it's decent, IMO, not great.

Something feels off. It may be the materials (concrete facade rather than wooden), but it reminds me more of a dressed-up Barnes&Noble exterior than a turn-of-the-century boardwalk pavilion.

I also don't particularly like the bright shade of blue they used for the majority of the roof. I think the weather-worn copper blue seen on the small towers is much more understated, classy and attractive.

Regarding Art Deco: bas-relief panels on an early 20th C. (themed) building certainly qualify as art deco elements... which is fine by me.

Last edited by RandySavage; 03-14-2011, 02:29 PM.
                        http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by WannaCub View Post
                          Are the trees aligned with the building? One of the trees isn't line up perfectly with the arch.
                          It is the angle of the picture!

I like it I think it looks great and is a nice addition to the area of the park!

To me the Victorian theme ends at Goofy's sky school and this building adds a lot to paradise park.
                          BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Hate the beige "shopping center" palette...

Comment

I like it fine. I believe the facade was meant to resemble attractions similar to "Creation" at Coney Island and other beachside amuseument areas of the 1920's.

Comment

Working...
                              X