This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to switch to Rockit Mountain?

I don't know if this has been posted before, but does anyone know or have any ideas on how the switch to Rockit Mountain will occur? Something has to happen as they can't switch while people are inside the ride, right?. And what about the people who got in line for Space Mountain but then end up riding Rockit Mountain. Will they have to cut off the line at a point and say anyone who get in line behind here will be riding Rockit Mountain and not Space? Is it one line for both (take your chances) or can people start lining up for Rockit Mountain (separatly) whenever they want and then CM's will cut off the Space line at the appropriate time? Different Fastpasses (By this i mean will your fastpass say what you will be riding depending on the comeback time)?

...Any Ideas?
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Re: How to switch to Rockit Mountain?

Great question! Someone enlighten us!!!

Comment

They'll probably shut the line off to go inside, funnel everyone through, switch over, then let everyone in.
      ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

Does anyone even know what the switch involves? If it's just flipping a switch to change lighting and soundtrack, they might be able to do it with a brief pause. (I guess you'd have to run the ride empty once or twice so that no one gets the wrong soundtrack when they're going through, or so they don't start on regular Space Mountain and get transformed to Rockit Mountain midway through.) If it's at all more complicated than that, it might take longer though.

I had pictured they'd just let you get in line and take your chances on which ride you'll get, but I hadn't really thought about it before.
        Daily Duffy blog! A new picture of Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni every day! (Now at Tokyo DisneySea!)

Also on Facebook!

Comment

Any speculation even... anyone?
          Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

it's probably a couple switches for Audio, and a couple for lighting, seeing how most rides are in sections incase of problems. . . My guesses are maybe they'll have a second line for Rockit Mountain, where people can line up for it once they close the regular line off, when the regular line is completely empty and everyone from that has gone threw the ride, they'll flip the switches for lighting and soundtrack and allow the others inside the ride...

( just my guess )

Comment

It's not even running yet. Let yourself be amazed first and then figure out the magic later.

Comment

Does it matter? How many people would get in line for Space Mtn and get inside and find that somewhere in the one hour wait that it got switched over and be like "sonva!@#$%^&*(" I refuse to ride this think unless its in daytime mode!

In fact I think if the special effects and music are as cool as promised I would be rather excited that I lucked out and it transitioned while I was in line.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think it'll be anything as drastic as shutting the line down. It will probably be a fairly smooth transition. If I remember correctly there can't be too many cars in the Space Mountain loading area, so it seems unlikely that they'd let everyone get off, switch it, and start loading again. I don't really know, I guess we'll see soon enough.

My question is if there will be an outdoor "ceremony" to mark the change from Space Mountain to Rockit mountain. We know the sign is going to change, so maybe there'll be some lasers and music or something, and maybe the exterior of the building will change with lights. Who knows!

Comment

The transition should be as imple as swithcing lighting and the soundtrack. AS for the people already in line I think it'd be really kool if they made a show out of the transformation using lighting FX, sound and video in the spaceport. This way the show of the ride wouldn't be ruined, they would experience the mounains transformation in line before boarding the ride.

Comment

Whenever I heard the rumor of Rockit Mountain with Van Halen, I envisioned a smooth transition that involved the changing of lighting and soundtrack in the boarding area. If Rockit Mountain with Van Halen happens, I can see the track "1984" from the album 1984 playing during the transition. "1984" sounds very futuristic/space stationish.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                        Does it matter? How many people would get in line for Space Mtn and get inside and find that somewhere in the one hour wait that it got switched over and be like "sonva!@#$%^&*(" I refuse to ride this think unless its in daytime mode!
                        This actually could generate a lot of complaints as it promotes the "Space Mountain is faster at night" thing. People may get in line and wait hoping for Rockit Mountain and become angred when they have to ride Space Mountain, or in their minds "the slower version".

Just my thouughts...
                        Disneyland Wooooh!

Comment

What happens if you and friend go get FASTPASSes for Space Mountain, and you put your ticket or AP in and you get a Space Mountain FASTPASS and your friend gets a Rockit Mountain FASTPASS, What is gonna happen? Will they allow SM FP on RM?

Or for that matter, will the FASTPASSes issued for evening hours say Rockit Mountain?

Comment

Originally posted by cruise
                            People may get in line and wait hoping for Rockit Mountain and become angred when they have to ride Space Mountain, or in their minds "the slower version".
                            That just makes it a shorter line during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by cruise
                              This actually could generate a lot of complaints as it promotes the "Space Mountain is faster at night" thing. People may get in line and wait hoping for Rockit Mountain and become angred when they have to ride Space Mountain, or in their minds "the slower version".

Just my thouughts...
                              I guess it could generate complaints to which City Hall can respond:

"Sir/Madam- if you look cleary at the sign as you entered the queue area it was still advertised as Space Mountain, an enjoyable high speed roller coaster for our adventurous space voyaging guests. If you happen to be in line under the impression that you are heading into Space Mtn and it changes over, we hope you enjoyed your experiance but if you went in without properly identifing what the current status of the ride is than...you're straight out of luck. Perhaps you should try again later this evening to get back into line and try our new Rockit Mtn."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X