Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else in a Wheelchair That goes to DL??

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiceMan
    ROFLMAO! I could just see it .... get outta the way!!!! Crazy Legs Coming Through!!! *poke* *poke* Mwa hahaha
    Dont you know it. Hey I could get a light saber.LOL

It can be very hard to get around. Maybe a air horn to.
    :crazylegs

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Legs
      Thanks For all the replys. I was just wondering if there is any others in a wheelchair like I am that go to the parks.

I am a little concerned if I go to the meetings on Sundays That people might treat me diffrent.Sounds silly I know. I have had a few problems with the parks and people in the past.Even cast members.

I know what you mean. Every time we go to DL I say that I am going to get my daughter one of those shirts that say "keep staring, I might do a trick"!

Comment

Originally posted by Goin2DL
        I know what you mean. Every time we go to DL I say that I am going to get my daughter one of those shirts that say "keep staring, I might do a trick"!
        Some of the people we met up with at the park on Saturday noticed a lot of people staring at my brother and eventually asked someone "what, youve never seen a guy in a wheelchair before?" And these people who were staring were adults.
        Remain Seated Please..... :o

Comment

I lost my leg so I get a lot of kids looking at it. At Sea World when they stare,I tell them that Shamu bit it off. Don't get too close to the edge.

I don't think that Disneyland could be wore than qanywhere else. Some people are very nice and make allowances. Others would just as soon run my over. What they don't know is I can move bretty fast in my chair ande i would go hit them in the ankles.
          >>Alan<<
          Member 216

Comment

I'm not in a wheel chair, but have family members in and have spoken with countless guests at the parks in wheel chairs. Anyone know Gary, he's a DL regular. In any event, there are unfortunately, a LOT of kids that rent the chairs just for what they think will be quick access to the attractions, so a lot of CMs get a little frustrated, but that's really not an excuse for rude treatment of our ADA guests. Crazylegs, i hope that you will except my appologies on behalf of the DLR cast for your regretable treatment that day.
            "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
            Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
            "
            -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

I'm very sorry about your predicament and the rude treatment by one cast member at the park. Is your confinement to a wheelchair temporary or are you faced with being dependent upon it for the rest of your life?
              "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

My life it looks like I am a quad.

Comment

I almost bought that shirt last week at Target.It was on Sale.

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller
                    I'm very sorry about your predicament and the rude treatment by one cast member at the park. Is your confinement to a wheelchair temporary or are you faced with being dependent upon it for the rest of your life?
                    Thanks i stay as + as I can since my injury.I have good and bad days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggeriffic
                      Some of the people we met up with at the park on Saturday noticed a lot of people staring at my brother and eventually asked someone "what, youve never seen a guy in a wheelchair before?" And these people who were staring were adults.

Adults are MUCH worse than kids. Kids will actually come up and ask "why can't she walk?" I don't mind that at all (neither does my daughter). It's the adults (a lot of them parents, great example for your kids) staring that drives me crazy!

Comment

Adults are MUCH worse than kids. Kids will actually come up and ask "why can't she walk?" I don't mind that at all (neither does my daughter). It's the adults (a lot of them parents, great example for your kids) staring that drives me crazy!
                        i usuaLLY end up just starring back at them. I live it wen they ask me about my leg. I always come up with some outraged story for them. The shark one has got to be the best. i was in a waiting room ne time where everyone generally ignores me. Tis one kid comes up to me and I tell him about the shark. Not realizing everyone could here, I looked up and everyone was starring at me. Ooopsw. I usually give the adults my rescued cat story.
                        >>Alan<<
                        Member 216

Comment

Well people ask me and or keep at me starring. I am 26 Female in wheelchair. They act sometimes like I am from space or something or have never seen a woman in a chair before. I just try and keep +.

Comment

My brother wears a body brace and a neck brace that kinda comes around the side of his head. He sits in his wheelchair backwards a lot cause he cant lean back and sitting straight is tiresome for him. So, he tucks his legs underneath him.
                            I always get so frustrated when I see adults staring at him. And I mean stopping and staring. He always tells me hes used to it and not to get all upset, but I cant help it. Maybe I'm protective of him or something, but seriously......Don't stare.
                            And you hit the nail on the head. They are setting wonderful examples for their kids.
                            Remain Seated Please..... :o

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggeriffic
                              My brother wears a body brace and a neck brace that kinda comes around the side of his head. He sits in his wheelchair backwards a lot cause he cant lean back and sitting straight is tiresome for him. So, he tucks his legs underneath him.
                              I always get so frustrated when I see adults staring at him. And I mean stopping and staring. He always tells me hes used to it and not to get all upset, but I cant help it. Maybe I'm protective of him or something, but seriously......Don't stare.
                              And you hit the nail on the head. They are setting wonderful examples for their kids.
                              I am sorry people are so rude. Hugs to him.I know how he feels.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Legs
                                Well people ask me and or keep at me starring. I am 26 Female in wheelchair. They act sometimes like I am from space or something or have never seen a woman in a chair before. I just try and keep +.

Your attitude is very inspiring.
                                "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000
                                  Your attitude is very inspiring.

Thanks you are a sweet one. I try.I am just me.

After all I have been throught this past year its all very hard, I am in so much pain in more ways then you can think.From my injury to my new husband leaving me at my time of need....

On March 17 it will be 1 year since my injury. I still cant believe it.....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X