Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else in a Wheelchair That goes to DL??

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    Originally posted by Ortizmo2000
    Your attitude is very inspiring.

Thanks you are a sweet one. I try.I am just me.

After all I have been throught this past year its all very hard, I am in so much pain in more ways then you can think.From my injury to my new husband leaving me at my time of need....

On March 17 it will be 1 year since my injury. I still cant believe it.....

Leave a comment:

• Ortizmo2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy Legs
    Well people ask me and or keep at me starring. I am 26 Female in wheelchair. They act sometimes like I am from space or something or have never seen a woman in a chair before. I just try and keep +.

Your attitude is very inspiring.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiggeriffic
    My brother wears a body brace and a neck brace that kinda comes around the side of his head. He sits in his wheelchair backwards a lot cause he cant lean back and sitting straight is tiresome for him. So, he tucks his legs underneath him.
    I always get so frustrated when I see adults staring at him. And I mean stopping and staring. He always tells me hes used to it and not to get all upset, but I cant help it. Maybe I'm protective of him or something, but seriously......Don't stare.
    And you hit the nail on the head. They are setting wonderful examples for their kids.
    I am sorry people are so rude. Hugs to him.I know how he feels.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggeriffic
    replied
    Originally posted by Goin2DL
    Adults are MUCH worse than kids. Kids will actually come up and ask "why can't she walk?" I don't mind that at all (neither does my daughter). It's the adults (a lot of them parents, great example for your kids) staring that drives me crazy!
    My brother wears a body brace and a neck brace that kinda comes around the side of his head. He sits in his wheelchair backwards a lot cause he cant lean back and sitting straight is tiresome for him. So, he tucks his legs underneath him.
    I always get so frustrated when I see adults staring at him. And I mean stopping and staring. He always tells me hes used to it and not to get all upset, but I cant help it. Maybe I'm protective of him or something, but seriously......Don't stare.
    And you hit the nail on the head. They are setting wonderful examples for their kids.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    Well people ask me and or keep at me starring. I am 26 Female in wheelchair. They act sometimes like I am from space or something or have never seen a woman in a chair before. I just try and keep +.

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    Adults are MUCH worse than kids. Kids will actually come up and ask "why can't she walk?" I don't mind that at all (neither does my daughter). It's the adults (a lot of them parents, great example for your kids) staring that drives me crazy!
    i usuaLLY end up just starring back at them. I live it wen they ask me about my leg. I always come up with some outraged story for them. The shark one has got to be the best. i was in a waiting room ne time where everyone generally ignores me. Tis one kid comes up to me and I tell him about the shark. Not realizing everyone could here, I looked up and everyone was starring at me. Ooopsw. I usually give the adults my rescued cat story.

Leave a comment:

• Goin2DL
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiggeriffic
    Some of the people we met up with at the park on Saturday noticed a lot of people staring at my brother and eventually asked someone "what, youve never seen a guy in a wheelchair before?" And these people who were staring were adults.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    Originally posted by desertdweller
    I'm very sorry about your predicament and the rude treatment by one cast member at the park. Is your confinement to a wheelchair temporary or are you faced with being dependent upon it for the rest of your life?
    Thanks i stay as + as I can since my injury.I have good and bad days.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    I know what you mean. Every time we go to DL I say that I am going to get my daughter one of those shirts that say "keep staring, I might do a trick"!

I almost bought that shirt last week at Target.It was on Sale.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    My life it looks like I am a quad.

Leave a comment:

• desertdweller
    replied
    I'm very sorry about your predicament and the rude treatment by one cast member at the park. Is your confinement to a wheelchair temporary or are you faced with being dependent upon it for the rest of your life?

Leave a comment:

• CaptainCM
    replied
    I'm not in a wheel chair, but have family members in and have spoken with countless guests at the parks in wheel chairs. Anyone know Gary, he's a DL regular. In any event, there are unfortunately, a LOT of kids that rent the chairs just for what they think will be quick access to the attractions, so a lot of CMs get a little frustrated, but that's really not an excuse for rude treatment of our ADA guests. Crazylegs, i hope that you will except my appologies on behalf of the DLR cast for your regretable treatment that day.

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    I lost my leg so I get a lot of kids looking at it. At Sea World when they stare,I tell them that Shamu bit it off. Don't get too close to the edge.

I don't think that Disneyland could be wore than qanywhere else. Some people are very nice and make allowances. Others would just as soon run my over. What they don't know is I can move bretty fast in my chair ande i would go hit them in the ankles.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggeriffic
    replied
    I know what you mean. Every time we go to DL I say that I am going to get my daughter one of those shirts that say "keep staring, I might do a trick"!
    Some of the people we met up with at the park on Saturday noticed a lot of people staring at my brother and eventually asked someone "what, youve never seen a guy in a wheelchair before?" And these people who were staring were adults.

Leave a comment:

• Goin2DL
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy Legs
    Thanks For all the replys. I was just wondering if there is any others in a wheelchair like I am that go to the parks.

I am a little concerned if I go to the meetings on Sundays That people might treat me diffrent.Sounds silly I know. I have had a few problems with the parks and people in the past.Even cast members.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    Originally posted by MiceMan
    ROFLMAO! I could just see it .... get outta the way!!!! Crazy Legs Coming Through!!! *poke* *poke* Mwa hahaha
    Dont you know it. Hey I could get a light saber.LOL

It can be very hard to get around. Maybe a air horn to.

Leave a comment:

• MiceMan
    replied
    ROFLMAO! I could just see it .... get outta the way!!!! Crazy Legs Coming Through!!! *poke* *poke* Mwa hahaha

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    Funny you say that. My brother said the EXACT same thing when we were at the park on Saturday.
    LoL 'cow-catcher'
    Ha Ha

I need a stick to poke people....lol

Leave a comment:

• Tiggeriffic
    replied
    Originally posted by speederscout
    We've never had any problems, though the thought has crossed my mind to put a 'cow-catcher' on the front of her chair!
    Funny you say that. My brother said the EXACT same thing when we were at the park on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    Thanks everyone...

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X