Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems as though the water level has dropped tremendously in Pirates. The track is exposed in several places.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas
      It's probably going to take 5 yrs to get the park back in shape. Let's hope it an easy fix for Pirates.
      The leaks in the tunnels under Pirates and the area near the Westside Diner are nothing new; that's been around at least since 1987. So it's neither the Pressler regime's fault, nor is it something of immediate threat to the attraction's lifespan. Unless the leaks are somehow worse than years prior, but I'd have to see them to be able to judge.
      Kevin Yee
      MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
      Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
      Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
      Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
      Mouse Trap
      Tokyo Disney Made Easy
      101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
      Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen of Disneyland
        It seems as though the water level has dropped tremendously in Pirates. The track is exposed in several places.
        The water level cosntantly changes on Pirates. Depending on how many boats are on the track, and how many riders are on the boats, the ammount of water displaced changes. They system makes adjustments by adding or draining water, but with people getting on and off, it can't keep it 100% constant.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee
          The leaks in the tunnels under Pirates and the area near the Westside Diner are nothing new; that's been around at least since 1987. So it's neither the Pressler regime's fault, nor is it something of immediate threat to the attraction's lifespan. Unless the leaks are somehow worse than years prior, but I'd have to see them to be able to judge.
          This is the first time I've ever seen them unceremoniously shove the rafters full of plastic tarp, so me thinks the leaking's gotten worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon
            The water level cosntantly changes on Pirates. Depending on how many boats are on the track, and how many riders are on the boats, the ammount of water displaced changes. They system makes adjustments by adding or draining water, but with people getting on and off, it can't keep it 100% constant.
            That makes sense. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man
              99% of all Mold is GOOD for you! (Shocker! Something's got to convert all that CO2 to O2)

Yes, but I can speak from direct personal experience that inhaling any part of the 1% that isn't good for you can be a very nasty thing.

I've yet to meet anyone anywhere who can claim they've had a good experience with thorocotomies and amphotericin.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCM
                if u think those leaks are bad, you should see what's going on in the West Side tunnels! Buckets, tarps, etc!
                lol figures as much, the basement under la bat (aka the nightmare store) is always dripping .
                Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey :ap:

Comment

They should just add a storm scene to cover it up.
                  ok ok.. sorry.. yah i do agree POTC is a classic and the older it gets the more TLC it would need/ require. I didnt see the tarps last time.. but I hope the do fix it soon. I hope theyre not waiting for an accident before any major repairs can be done. We dont want another BTMR accident and have it closed down for many months.
                  We rock the party that rocks the party!
                  We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

Gosh I didn't know that POTC is in bad shape. I don't even notice any tarp on the background during the duration of the ride.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X