This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic tarps and leaks inside Pirates of the Caribbean

When we rode POTC this past Saturday, I noticed some leaks in the scene where the skeleton is drinking rum. Then near the end of the ride, where the creaking beams are, there were clear plastic tarps in random places.

I know the tarps haven't always been there, but have the leaks in the skeleton scene always been there?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

It makes sense after the deluge of rain you have been hit with in recent weeks, that the forty plus year-old building (that we know has been neglected for many years), would get leaks. My husband was a roofer for a few years, lets hope they get a new roof in there soon! I don't think they want a collapse on the POTC. I wonder how long it has been leaking?
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Over the past year or more, the leaks in the bar have come and gone. I really don't think they are intended, seeing as they disappear, but something must be seirously wrong because they keep coming back.

Comment

haha, if you think it leaks badly in the attraction, you should see what it looks like in the tunnel/hallway below it! There are always tarps and bags catching water down there.
        -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
        -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
        --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

They better get to that in a hurry. Doesn't sound like it could take another winter season. Thats a scary thought.
          Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

if u think those leaks are bad, you should see what's going on in the West Side tunnels! Buckets, tarps, etc!
            "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
            Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
            "
            -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

Consider it an added realism to the show! :lol:

We'll be sure and check it out next week when we're at the Park. Usually the kids look for hidden Mickey's. I'll put them on the lookout for new changes to the ride and see if they notice.

I hope no damage is being done to the displays.

Comment

is this just a roof.. Take POTC down for one week-3 weeks... and repalce the roof.. (paint as well.. do more than one things during the rehab..& fix cracks... )

Then reopen it with some 50th touches if any...

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                  is this just a roof.. Take POTC down for one week-3 weeks... and repalce the roof.. (paint as well.. do more than one things during the rehab..& fix cracks... )

Then reopen it with some 50th touches if any...
                  The leaking towards the end where the plastic tarps are is most likely a roof problem and easily resolved when they get the chance. I don't think the leak in the bar will be so easy. It's easy to get disoriented, but as my mental layout has it, that part of the ride should be just about bellow the loading dock. It's definitely bellow SOME part of the upper portion of the ride. So that leaking (if it is indeed a leak, which I'm still assuming it is because of its intermitent nature) is most likely an issue with the flume. Not surprising considering that ammount of water being held and pushed just overhead. There's a reason insurance companies ask you if you have a waterbed in a second floor bedroom. And considering how long it's been intermitently leaking, it seems there's no easy fix for whatever the problem is.

Comment

It's probably going to take 5 yrs to get the park back in shape. Let's hope it an easy fix for Pirates.
                    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Things like this are going to become the norm at DL. DL is 50 years old and aging. Major rehabs on HM, Jungle Cruise, Matterhorn, etc will become a norm as these venues continue to age. Good maintenance will help, but age issues will still arise.
                      WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Eww the ceiling is VERY molded with the ceiling nearly coming down right above the animatronic bird and the fiber optics at the entrance.

Comment

Guys I would try and get on pirates and haunted mansion while you can because these rides are not immortal, they will be replaced one day. It is a fact of life, living or dead, things age and they dont last forever; especially when these rides are run like mad dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by dlrfanatic
                            Eww the ceiling is VERY molded with the ceiling nearly coming down right above the animatronic bird and the fiber optics at the entrance.
                            99% of all Mold is GOOD for you! (Shocker! Something's got to convert all that CO2 to O2)

-Monorail Man

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                              Guys I would try and get on pirates and haunted mansion while you can because these rides are not immortal, they will be replaced one day. It is a fact of life, living or dead, things age and they dont last forever; especially when these rides are run like mad dogs.
                              I dont think so, I mean, it depends on how your thinking. You could say that sure 20 years down the line they might replace it. But if you think about it day to day, whats gonna change from one day to the next to make them think that this ride needs to be removed? Will management just all the sudden realize that these popular rides need to be replaced? It's been some 30 years and people are still enjoying it, why would it being any different for the next generations? You can say the same thing about old films. How they go out of date and aren't as liked as the new films. Well that wasnt true for Bambi, the first day it came out on DVD it had 1 million copies sold which beat out Shrek 2 and Nemo. True classics never die, they just get forgotten sometimes.
                              (insert funny comment here)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X