X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aralechn
    replied
    Gosh I didn't know that POTC is in bad shape. I don't even notice any tarp on the background during the duration of the ride.

Leave a comment:

• XCLIPSE129
    replied
    They should just add a storm scene to cover it up.
    ok ok.. sorry.. yah i do agree POTC is a classic and the older it gets the more TLC it would need/ require. I didnt see the tarps last time.. but I hope the do fix it soon. I hope theyre not waiting for an accident before any major repairs can be done. We dont want another BTMR accident and have it closed down for many months.

Leave a comment:

• DemonicDemona
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainCM
    if u think those leaks are bad, you should see what's going on in the West Side tunnels! Buckets, tarps, etc!
    lol figures as much, the basement under la bat (aka the nightmare store) is always dripping .

Leave a comment:

• Wotan
    replied
    Originally posted by Monorail Man
    99% of all Mold is GOOD for you! (Shocker! Something's got to convert all that CO2 to O2)

Yes, but I can speak from direct personal experience that inhaling any part of the 1% that isn't good for you can be a very nasty thing.

I've yet to meet anyone anywhere who can claim they've had a good experience with thorocotomies and amphotericin.

Leave a comment:

• Citizen of Disneyland
    replied
    Originally posted by Bacon
    The water level cosntantly changes on Pirates. Depending on how many boats are on the track, and how many riders are on the boats, the ammount of water displaced changes. They system makes adjustments by adding or draining water, but with people getting on and off, it can't keep it 100% constant.
    That makes sense. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Bacon
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinYee
    The leaks in the tunnels under Pirates and the area near the Westside Diner are nothing new; that's been around at least since 1987. So it's neither the Pressler regime's fault, nor is it something of immediate threat to the attraction's lifespan. Unless the leaks are somehow worse than years prior, but I'd have to see them to be able to judge.
    This is the first time I've ever seen them unceremoniously shove the rafters full of plastic tarp, so me thinks the leaking's gotten worse.

Leave a comment:

• Bacon
    replied
    Originally posted by Citizen of Disneyland
    It seems as though the water level has dropped tremendously in Pirates. The track is exposed in several places.
    The water level cosntantly changes on Pirates. Depending on how many boats are on the track, and how many riders are on the boats, the ammount of water displaced changes. They system makes adjustments by adding or draining water, but with people getting on and off, it can't keep it 100% constant.

Leave a comment:

• KevinYee
    replied
    Originally posted by Druggas
    It's probably going to take 5 yrs to get the park back in shape. Let's hope it an easy fix for Pirates.
    The leaks in the tunnels under Pirates and the area near the Westside Diner are nothing new; that's been around at least since 1987. So it's neither the Pressler regime's fault, nor is it something of immediate threat to the attraction's lifespan. Unless the leaks are somehow worse than years prior, but I'd have to see them to be able to judge.

Leave a comment:

• Citizen of Disneyland
    replied
    It seems as though the water level has dropped tremendously in Pirates. The track is exposed in several places.

Leave a comment:

• jmuboy
    replied
    Well, I feel better knowing that the leak is on DL's Pirates. I have faith that DL's maintenance teams under Matt leadership will make sure the problem is handled accordingly. If there was a leak on WDW's Pirates they would wait for the leak to turn into a gusher before taking any action.

Leave a comment:

• Kram Sacul
    replied
    A dull black plastic tarp would certainly blend in better with a dark ride than something clear and 20th century.

Leave a comment:

• Tigertail777
    replied
    sure a black plastic tarp with a skull and cross bones painted on it.

Just kidding. But it sounds like they seriously need to give POTC some TLC.

Leave a comment:

• Orcatime
    replied
    Would you rather it be a black plastic tarp?

Leave a comment:

• Kram Sacul
    replied
    Imagining seeing a clear plastic tarp in the middle of an immersive classic attraction like POTC makes me cry.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Remus
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyfreak
    Guys I would try and get on pirates and haunted mansion while you can because these rides are not immortal, they will be replaced one day. It is a fact of life, living or dead, things age and they dont last forever; especially when these rides are run like mad dogs.
    I dont think so, I mean, it depends on how your thinking. You could say that sure 20 years down the line they might replace it. But if you think about it day to day, whats gonna change from one day to the next to make them think that this ride needs to be removed? Will management just all the sudden realize that these popular rides need to be replaced? It's been some 30 years and people are still enjoying it, why would it being any different for the next generations? You can say the same thing about old films. How they go out of date and aren't as liked as the new films. Well that wasnt true for Bambi, the first day it came out on DVD it had 1 million copies sold which beat out Shrek 2 and Nemo. True classics never die, they just get forgotten sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Monorail Man
    replied
    Originally posted by dlrfanatic
    Eww the ceiling is VERY molded with the ceiling nearly coming down right above the animatronic bird and the fiber optics at the entrance.
    99% of all Mold is GOOD for you! (Shocker! Something's got to convert all that CO2 to O2)

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Guys I would try and get on pirates and haunted mansion while you can because these rides are not immortal, they will be replaced one day. It is a fact of life, living or dead, things age and they dont last forever; especially when these rides are run like mad dogs.

Leave a comment:

• dlrfanatic
    replied
    Eww the ceiling is VERY molded with the ceiling nearly coming down right above the animatronic bird and the fiber optics at the entrance.

Leave a comment:

• jmuboy
    replied
    Things like this are going to become the norm at DL. DL is 50 years old and aging. Major rehabs on HM, Jungle Cruise, Matterhorn, etc will become a norm as these venues continue to age. Good maintenance will help, but age issues will still arise.

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied
    It's probably going to take 5 yrs to get the park back in shape. Let's hope it an easy fix for Pirates.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X