This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] The Ghoul in Indiana Jones Adv. right after the big Snake

Has that always been there since the beginning? I first noticed it last Summer, its up on a screen of a static image of a ghoul and you hear a growl when you go in the room with all the skulls. they should at least animate it no?
    Last edited by hyperskreem; 03-30-2011, 12:43 PM.

Re: The Ghoul in Indiana Jones Adv. right after the big Snake

It has been there since the opening, and is one of the things with the ride that bugs me. Looks very silly, and it used to kind of light up when you went under it(not very effectively, since it was always visible). For a while, the screen was missing entirely and still kept the growling sound effect.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

It did seem very underwhelming to me lol, they should animate it like the Galaxy Ghost at the least.
      Last edited by hyperskreem; 03-30-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Besides the magic rainbow that is trying to bust through the door in the beginning, the ghost thing is my second least favorite detail. Doesn't fit in, and pretty much barely noticeable.

Comment

I always thought he was referred to as The Phantom.

Comment

I never thought that was a projection. I thought it is painted onto to scrim. I haven't been on it in awhile, but I figured it's done in either one of two ways:

1.) The image is painted on at a distorted angle on a fairly thin scrim. Only until you get at a pretty extreme angle does it line up and you can make out the image.

2.) Same scrim, but the wall and skulls behind are lit up as you enter, so you see through the image, and when you get nearly under it, the scrim is lit up from the front, revealing the painted image.
            "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

Currently its painted on a scrim using UV reactive paint. In the past the paint was more visible and you could see the ghoul on the scrim, they seems to have fixed that now...though its still a very lack-luster effect.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperskreem View Post
                It did seem very underwhelming to me lol, they should animate it like the Galaxy Ghost at the least.

Agreed, then it may be more noticable.
                Originally posted by Omega
                On Splash Mountain at Disney World, these two teenagers behind me initially seemed friendly but when the ride actually started they started shouting the N-Word over and over again and jumped out just before the first drop and started stomping on the scenery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dancreedenjr/

Comment

yup always there.
                  And yes, I think that section of the ride could use a upgrade. It is very underwhelming. And easy seen as a painted on image.
                  Quote by Al:
                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

That's just Michael Eisner. No worries.
                    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToyStoryManiac View Post
                      Besides the magic rainbow that is trying to bust through the door in the beginning, the ghost thing is my second least favorite detail. Doesn't fit in, and pretty much barely noticeable.
                      hahah magic rainbow. i like that

Comment

That part always reminds me of the mummy ride at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by DLRaddict View Post
                          That part always reminds me of the mummy ride at Universal Studios Hollywood.
                          Thats exactly what I was thinking when I rode the ride last weekend.
                          It looks very.. un-Disney like if you will...

Comment

I think the idea was for the ghoul image to appear in the air as you went through the room, probably in the way Semiquaver mentioned as #2 in his post. Scrims are generally used for that sort of thing. Hasn't worked like that in years. One more reason Indy needs a nice six month rehab.
                            Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                            Charter Member

Comment

Originally posted by ToyStoryManiac View Post
                              +1

That rainbow is awful.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X