Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video of Imaganeers working on Ariel Animatronic for the new ride.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Video of Imaganeers working on Ariel Animatronic for the new ride.

Check out this new video of Aeriel and the new animatronics. It shows some of the scene work and gives us a glimpse of what we can look forward to in June. Tell me what you think. I think she looks very good.

YouTube - Walt Disney Imagineers Get Creative With Ariel's Hair at Disney California Adventure Park
    sigpic

Re: Video of Imaganeers working on Ariel Animatronic for the new ride.

Wow. She looks great! The hair really does look amazingly 'flowy'. Can't wait for the finished product!
    sigpic
    Home away from Home.

Comment

Hey eyes are wayyyy to big to look realistic, she looks more like a Furby/Gremlin.

She is an amazing AA figure though, I am not hating. I just think they should have made her more reality based instead of an exact animatronic of the animated Ariel.

Comment

My expectations were way too high for her hair. I really imagined my mind to be blown away by her, but that was only a fairytale, I guess.

I had no idea how it would have worked, but I imagined something far crazier but more realistic-looking hair. I hope they add some texture to it, so it isn't as shiny.

I find her too shiny and plastic-y. I was expecting her to look a little more porcelain. But this is all under harsh lighting; I'm sure she'll look great with some makeup on and under new lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Incrediboy View Post
          My expectations were way too high for her hair. I really imagined my mind to be blown away by her, but that was only a fairytale, I guess.

I had no idea how it would have worked, but I imagined something far crazier but more realistic-looking hair. I hope they add some texture to it, so it isn't as shiny.

I find her too shiny and plastic-y. I was expecting her to look a little more porcelain. But this is all under harsh lighting; I'm sure she'll look great with some makeup on and under new lighting.
          Yeah i was thinking the same thing. I have to say thouigh under new lighting it will look a lot better, but i dont really understand her hair on the part where she is connected to the coral reef. It looks a lot like like a swirl of ice cream that came out of the machine. Just dont quite get the hair on that part. I think it could of been more realistic by a red wig or something. But who knows im sure it will look amazing in the end.
          sigpic

Comment

I think it's amazing. True quality. I had no idea how they would do hair and this far exceeds what I expected. The dancing Ariel has hair like that because in that scene she is in a whirlpool of water. It was mentioned in Tracker that the concept art mentioned this and that scrim would be used for whirlpool projection with shells masking the edge of scrim

Comment

Holy uncanny valley, Batman!

Seriously, though, she looks impressive and I think will look good likely in proper show lighting and effects and all that. But just creeps me out a little, like the Polar Express characters...
              when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I have been waiting for MONTHS to see this! A little disappointed on the hair. Was hoping it to be more like real hair and not plasticy. But under the show lighting it'll probably look much better. As for an AA, she moves pretty good! And she looks just like she did in the movie, so that's a big plus. I don't get those of you who say they wanted something more "realistic". The ride is based off an animated movie, so the AA's better look like how the characters in the movie look... cartoons!

Comment

Must admit that I'm also a bit disapointed, though as everyone has pointed out she'll look better under proper lighting. I was far more impressed by Ursala.

Comment

The close ups looked a little odd to me also, and the hair was a little "off," maybe sort of rubbery, and I think we were seeing 2 different AA's in that video, because the hair was switched up. That said, the distance shots looked a lot better. I think once everything is in the show element it should look pretty good.

Comment

She looks absolutely fantastic! no complaints from me!

Comment

I think it looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFan View Post
                          I think it's amazing. True quality. I had no idea how they would do hair and this far exceeds what I expected. The dancing Ariel has hair like that because in that scene she is in a whirlpool of water. It was mentioned in Tracker that the concept art mentioned this and that scrim would be used for whirlpool projection with shells masking the edge of scrim
                          OHHH i see now thanks for pointing it out, its been a while since i actually seen the movie but now that you mention it, it makes alot more sense. But i have to agree that i am more impressed by ursula AA than ariels but she still looks amazing. Cant wait to actually ride this ride.
                          sigpic

Comment

To you shiny folk,

You do realize she is underwater, correct? If you ever get out or are in a pool. You glisten. It looks great and I don't get the complaint about her looking too much like the "animated" ariel... That's who she is supposed to be!

Comment

Wow, she's definitely a very advanced AA. Definitely a little on the creepy side, but she looks good, realistic, yet cartoony at the same time. I'm really looking forward to this ride.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X