Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Attraction in the last 15 years at DLR have you enjoyed?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] What Attraction in the last 15 years at DLR have you enjoyed?

I might be wrong, but the Indiana Jones: Temple of the Forbidden Eye is the last major attraction the Resort has built. (besides the upcoming RSR, clearly) I really Like Tower of Terror too.

but up to now, the only thing I can think of that has been anywhere near exciting is World of Color, and Disneyland itself has had no major attractions since 1995

just some food for thought, wondering what your guys opinions are

Re: What Attraction in the last 15 years at DLR have you enjoyed?

Well, I'd call Soaring Over California an E ticket ride. Plus, it was an original, not copied from any other park. That said, Tower of Terror was also an impressive attraction, although it is a bit "less" than the original in Florida. Still nice, though. I was also pleased with GRR, as a rafting ride. Yes, could be more, but I still consider it immersive since it does put you into a "mountainy-wilderness" environment.

In Disneyland, I agree. Indy was the last BIG, immersive attraction. There were also a couple lesser dark rides, such as Pooh, Monsters Inc, Buzz Lightyear, Midway Mania.

I won't include California Screaming, since even though it's a powerful roller coaster, there's no theming. It's just a bunch of boring white track to me.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I won't include California Screaming, since even though it's a powerful roller coaster, there's no theming. It's just a bunch of boring white track to me.
      Hahah i love that.... "California Screamin' one of the most cleverly designed and exhilarating roller coasters Disney has ever made........wait whats that? No theme?!.............. never mind it is dull, awful and boring... d
      sigpic

It's Fun to do the Impossible
      - Walt Disney

[

Comment

Well Disneyland's last major E-Ticket was IJA but for the whole resort, I guess you could say Tower and World of Color, even though those are in DCA.
        sigpic

- Walt Disney

[

Comment

Winnie the pooh and Blab are new, plus the Subs are technically a new ride

Comment

Soarin for sure....Tot is nice but I cant stand the Pre-show anymore but the theme and ride is great.

I'm sure Mermaid will become a close second for me
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Tower of Terror wins, hands down. I could go on it all day long. Love Tower.
              when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

If we're just talking Disneyland Park, Indy was the last awesome thing (and is definitely my favorite ride after HM).

But if we're talking the whole Disneyland Resort, I love Tower. It's thrilling AND awesomely themed. I think everything in DCA should strive to be as great as Tower.

Screamin' is super fun, but it's necessarily light on theming. If there was no Tower at DCA, I'd list Screamin' as my favorite DCA attraction. Honorable mention: Soarin'. No complaints about it, really - I just like Tower better.

Comment

I have to agree with all of you Tower is the best thing (Besides WoC) that DCA and there resort have seen in a while!
                  sigpic

- Walt Disney

[

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                    Well, I'd call Soaring Over California an E ticket ride. Plus, it was an original, not copied from any other park. That said, Tower of Terror was also an impressive attraction, although it is a bit "less" than the original in Florida. Still nice, though. I was also pleased with GRR, as a rafting ride. Yes, could be more, but I still consider it immersive since it does put you into a "mountainy-wilderness" environment.

In Disneyland, I agree. Indy was the last BIG, immersive attraction. There were also a couple lesser dark rides, such as Pooh, Monsters Inc, Buzz Lightyear, Midway Mania.

I really agree with everything you said, especially that Screaming is a pathetic excuse for a Disney Attraction. Even some of Walt's first Imagineers have had words about how poor of a choice this is for a Disney park.

Soaring was definitely the best and most popular attraction at DCA on opening day. And to this day, it's not uncommon for applause at the end. That speaks a lot for the type of attraction that imagineers developed and are capable of building. The only downside was the rather plain queue, It truly an attraction that the entire family can enjoy together.

GRRR is really brought a beautifully looking mountain to DCA, and really gave DCA isn't only naturalist setting and nearly the only trees and waterways in the entire parks. Sadly, the attraction just doesn't present the critters that one has come to expect, like with Big Thunder. The other downfall are the drenchings, which really limits the crowds when it's not hot outside, and certainly reduces the range of people who would even ride it. Disney should offer a variety of attractions, but it needs to keep in mind that it should appeal to a broader audience, in order to appeal to the whole family.

One thing I did want to add is that since 1995, another major attraction that was rebuilt was Space Mountain. That was no small task. And of course the Matterhorn has been undergoing an extensive long term refurshment. And the Tiki Room received a complete overhaul, too!

Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

The recently upgraded animatronic Lincoln blows me away.
                      First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                      First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                      BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Speaking of critters... yes, I'd add a couple of bears in the water at GRR and maybe even have you go through a Rainbow Caverns-style dark cave...

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
                          The recently upgraded animatronic Lincoln blows me away.
                          Oh yes that show is amazing. And to the OP Radiator Springs Racers is not the next biggest ride, don't forget Star Tours II and The Little Mermaid Ariel's Undersea Adventure.
                          For me I don't think that there has been something added in the last 15 years I have not enjoyed actually. I really enjoy Pirate's Lair and Tarzan's Treehouse as well as Pooh, Monsters Inc. Buzz TSMM MFW SSS and the Subs. Soarin' is definitely WDI at it's finest as well as the Animation Building. GRR and Redwood Creek Challenge Trail complement each other so nicely like TSI and BTMRR did and still does. And I am positive I will enjoy the new additions to DCA as well as Star Tours II.

Comment

The OP says "Major Attractions" I agree Indiana Jones was the last Major E-ticket attraction at Disneyland.

Tower of Terror, hands down is my Favorite Major attraction that has been added in the last 15 years, I wish Disneyland would add another Major E-ticket attraction soon

Grizzly river run is awesome too, pretty intense for a "rapids" type ride
                            Last edited by hyperskreem; 04-05-2011, 11:25 PM.

Comment

My attraction that I enjoyed over the past 15 years is the Indian Jones Adventure. The ride is an instant classic and hit. Also it never gets old and it has a high reride. I will never get tired of it. A major E-ticket thrill attraction started in the mid 1990's.

Pirates of the Caribbean, Walt's last supervised and directed attraction at Disneyland. While he did plan the creation of WDW in Florida. Don't forget it. The ride is a timeless classic that many people will enjoy.

Haunted Mansion, this haunted attraction is another classic. It's old fashioned special effects, gags, 1960's kookiness will never tire you out.

it's a small world. You either love or hate it. The attraction is detailed and simple, but the song is what makes the attraction a unforgettable experience. It is another classic. The exterior facade is a gigantic clock tower 'Glockenspiel.' The tower itself is very imaginative and original. The rocking smiling clock face tick-tock as it goes, and the facade is a masterpiece. It's the catchy song that makes the attraction a classic.

http://belfrycomics.net/
                              http://furaffinity.net/
                              Save

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X