This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorboat status?

I need to know...yeah...what's the current status and plans for the motorboat area? Is it blocked off? Drained? Gone? What are they gonna do?

Re: Motorboat status?

All that I know is that their has been not so much as a peep regarding what type of attraction will go in their...other than it's not going to be a childrens play area.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Well I'm glad it won't be a play area...that'd be yuck. Just bring back the motorboats! Okay, so it's not the most popular ride, but it gets some people off the walkways and it's a nice aesthetic thing.

Comment

I think a ride like the Canal Boats but with two-to-four person boats and no driver would be nice.

Comment

Whether aesthetic or themed, another boat ride would be fine with me. Whatever Disney decides to do, they probably won't start on it 'till 2007.

Comment

I am hoping against the odds that it is a ride based on The Rescuers; with the boats shaped like giant leaves
            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Don't think we have to worry about that one. The Rescuers isn't that popular. Leaves are extremely popular, though. LOL!

Comment

I forget if the Motorboats were considered to be in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland. If they are/were in Fantasyland, then I hope this is where the long overdue Little Mermaid dark ride should go.

Comment

They were part of Fantasyland.

Comment

Half of the lagoon is walled off, with water on the guest side and presumably dry on the backstage side. But they drained it and built walls before refilling a portion near the Matterhorn for aesthetic reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa
                      I forget if the Motorboats were considered to be in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland. If they are/were in Fantasyland, then I hope this is where the long overdue Little Mermaid dark ride should go.
                      All kinds of people would like to see a Little Mermaid dark ride go in somewhere. Sven though the former Motor Boat Cruise area is in Fantasyland, it would be a thematic fit with Tomorrowland's Nemo Subs. Dey for wet effects and hanging shell vehicles would make for a terrific experience, perhaps part of it could be coaster like.

Comment

I think that the ride was more popular than people actually believe. The times I remember riding it, there was always a line longer that 30 minutes, which seems quite long for the type of ride vehicles and loading. And also in one photograph I saw of aerial type, I saw the line was outside the original queue into near the queue for the Fantasyland Autopia, at the time Rescue Rangers Speedway.

What they need to do is review the area space they have and expand near the older areas behind it and around the light pylons and projections near Small World. They could add some kind of water ride, such as the previously mentioned Little Mermaid, or something different such as a surf themed Lilo & Stitch themed ride, or maybe just a simple boat cruise with Aquatopia technology featuring projections of a certain film, so when you come to certain scenes you not necessarily need AAs or painted scenes.

Or a Finding Nemo ride for guests that are to scared or claustorphobic to go on the Submarine Voyage.

Anyways, what the resort heads and imagineers need to realize is that they have a prime piece of land to build a new attraction or revive a classic. Adding new things will please the guests and opens the door to new ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by pancakesaregood
                          I think that the ride was more popular than people actually believe. The times I remember riding it, there was always a line longer that 30 minutes, which seems quite long for the type of ride vehicles and loading. And also in one photograph I saw of aerial type, I saw the line was outside the original queue into near the queue for the Fantasyland Autopia, at the time Rescue Rangers Speedway.

What they need to do is review the area space they have and expand near the older areas behind it and around the light pylons and projections near Small World. They could add some kind of water ride, such as the previously mentioned Little Mermaid, or something different such as a surf themed Lilo & Stitch themed ride, or maybe just a simple boat cruise with Aquatopia technology featuring projections of a certain film, so when you come to certain scenes you not necessarily need AAs or painted scenes.

Or a Finding Nemo ride for guests that are to scared or claustorphobic to go on the Submarine Voyage.

Anyways, what the resort heads and imagineers need to realize is that they have a prime piece of land to build a new attraction or revive a classic. Adding new things will please the guests and opens the door to new ideas.
                          I only went to the park I think once or twice when the boats were even running. That may be part of why the line was so long; it was as much as a "new" attraction to visitors!

And I love the idea of projecting film on a ride! I wonder if they could do it onto water screens like Fantasmic... They could even do new animation so it wasn't just like sitting at home watching a DVD. I think a Little Mermaid attraction would be perfect there, too. Lilo and Stitch is quite popular and that would be OK too, but I think Little Mermaid is better-suited since it almost has to take place in a watery setting, while Lilo and Stitch could be on dry land.
                          Daily Duffy blog! A new picture of Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni every day! (Now at Tokyo DisneySea!)

Also on Facebook!

Comment

the ride was fun for little ones. It used to be one of my favorites and my daughter loved it also.

Comment

Isn't "Storybookland Canal Boats" essentially the same thing, only better?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X