This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyland Fireworks Location

Hey, I was wondering if someone could outline on a satalite image of Disneyland, launch zone for the fireworks please

Thanks!
    sigpic

It's Fun to do the Impossible
    - Walt Disney

[

Re: Disneyland Fireworks Location

The best I can offer are some pictures (a little blurry because the auto-focus doesn't work well in the dark).

The really big shells that go really high are launched from back among those buildings where you can see the vertical trails in some of the shots.

Others that aren't as big and don't go as high are launched farther south near the back wall of ToonTown. Because of the angle, both types of shells look like they are in the same place when viewed from inside the park.

Comment

Google map link
      I can not get good pictuer to post and mark where is the main point
      this is the main area, what I'm been toll.
      Last edited by akfandisney; 04-09-2011, 10:38 PM.

Toy Story Mania construction:
      Older photo
      New Photo

Member of
      MiceChat WDW Trip
      Next trip
      2014 Dec, 31

Comment

I am not sure if there is a designated "launch pad" that is set up all the time. I know it's directly behind Toontown, but don't they just set up a few hours before they do it? I could be very wrong though.

Comment

I can only expand on the photos that Ron W posted, but I hope this is helpful just the same

P1100428 by Natalie Bell, on Flickr

Comment

that's nice but I would want to know where are the locations for the Hub Fireworks(stretching room and star tours bright green flashes) I think there's six of them. I'm talking about the ones on the Main Street buildings. I've always wondered where they are launched.
            Last edited by DannyLand; 04-09-2011, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Now that's something I've been curious about for quite some time, especially since they've been RUINING my fireworks photos lol! I have a few more terrible and overexposed shots of the flares from the same night, but it only shows a vague area and as you can see, I only caught the back end of the park.

Comment

The hills behind Toontown serve a duel purpose as a berm, and as Pyrotechnics launching platform. Additional fireworks are launched from movable platforms.

Source: My eyes.

Comment

look at the mark is the main fire work place
                  there are platforms on the building

Older photo
                  New Photo

Member of
                  MiceChat WDW Trip
                  Next trip
                  2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Here is a video about the Disneyland fireworks:
                    YouTube - Painting The Sky at Disneyland

There is the main location in the image posted above that is back 1 building from Toon Town and a bit left. There are launch towers in several other locations backstage as well, by the TDA building, along the road immediately behind Toon Town. They have launch sites a top several Main Street buildings, as well as the Castle and Fantasyland buildings and the Matterhorn peak.

At 3.27 in the video you see a brief clip of the main launch site going through it's test. This site is a pneumatic system that Disney invented. The tubes are computer controlled and use air pressure to launch the shells. It means that the pressure can be very precisely controlled so that the shells go to the right height every time. Some shells actually have an RFID chip embedded in them that the computer programs as they are dropped into the tube. This RFID chip is the timer instead of a fuse which gives them very precise control of delay between launch and detonation.

3.38 has a computer screen showing all the launch locations. They are laid out to be easily read on a screen, but
                    Top is main launch site
                    Next row down is the back stage towers (12 locations back stage)
                    Next row down is Matterhorn, Castle and Frontierland/backstage sites
                    Next 2 rows are Main Street building launch sites

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post

There is the main location in the image posted above that is back 1 building from Toon Town and a bit left. There are launch towers in several other locations backstage as well, by the TDA building, along the road immediately behind Toon Town. They have launch sites a top several Main Street buildings, as well as the Castle and Fantasyland buildings and the Matterhorn peak.

At 3.27 in the video you see a brief clip of the main launch site going through it's test. This site is a pneumatic system that Disney invented. The tubes are computer controlled and use air pressure to launch the shells. It means that the pressure can be very precisely controlled so that the shells go to the right height every time. Some shells actually have an RFID chip embedded in them that the computer programs as they are dropped into the tube. This RFID chip is the timer instead of a fuse which gives them very precise control of delay between launch and detonation.

3.38 has a computer screen showing all the launch locations. They are laid out to be easily read on a screen, but
                      Top is main launch site
                      That's pretty much exactly correct EXCEPT DL does not use any chips in its shells. They all have conventional time delay fuses.
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                      Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                        That's pretty much exactly correct EXCEPT DL does not use any chips in its shells. They all have conventional time delay fuses.
                        Ah, thanks for that. I know the patents all had them chips in them. Guess they decided to no do that yet/at all.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Ah, thanks for that. I know the patents all had them chips in them. Guess they decided to no do that yet/at all.
                          Yep.

They did use them for a few of months. It's just too expensive for them and there isn't a huge benefit for using them. I'm pretty sure they were all removed after the accident with the chips at EPCOT in 2005. All chipped shells were out of comission for at least a year and a half at EPCOT. But they've since returned. EPCOT uses a comet and 2 shells with magic fire chips in them to create a really neat effect.
                          sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                          Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Top is main launch site
                            Haven't seen that before, pretty cool.

So John Bouman says he's been with Disney for 20 years and that when he started, they lit everything by hand with railroad flares. Footage of that starts at 1:34.

That would have been 1991 - were they really still lighting everything by hand then? Also, is that legit backstage footage from Disney or just example stock footage? It seemed really really unsafe with guys running around in t-shirts, no safety gear, just kind of randomly lighting things - one guys seems to be in the way and runs out quickly. I just can't believe as recently as 1991 they were doing that.

Comment

I'll share the true secret with you. If you look at a park map of Disneyland and draw a circle about 1/4" behind and to the left of Chip & Dale's Treehouse, that is the spot where the fireworks burst in the air. You can then take a ruler and draw lines to locations you think would be good locations to view the fireworks from and pick the exact spot for the best view depending upon what is in the foreground.

Here is the link to my column that shows what the fireworks look like from the different locations.
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056446991
                              Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
                              You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
                              Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
                              Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
                              Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                                That would have been 1991 - were they really still lighting everything by hand then?
                                I'm sure a few pyro companies were using the remote fire systems, but they were more than likely in their infancy and fairly primitive. Fireworks have a long (thousands of years) history of being lit by hand. Yes, it was dangerous, but it's still dangerous with modern systems.

Comment

The launch location from Bing
                                  Bing Maps - driving and transit directions, routes, traffic conditions

Comment

Does all activity come to a stop backstage during the show?
                                    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
                                    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
                                    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
                                    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
                                    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
                                    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
                                    Neither does this mindless chatter."
                                    -Pete Townshend

Comment

Originally posted by GapToothed View Post
                                      Does all activity come to a stop backstage during the show?
                                      What I have hear that everyone have to be inside the building and Disney security give the all clear code and the firework will start.

Older photo
                                      New Photo

Member of
                                      MiceChat WDW Trip
                                      Next trip
                                      2014 Dec, 31

Comment

I took a field trip to Disneyland backstage yesterday and we actually got off our bus right by the fireworks launch station. It's pretty fascinating to be back there hahaha.

All in all, it looks like a bunch of black tubes in a large fence. To other people, it wasn't too exciting, but I thought it was amazing! haha )

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X