Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel CEO Kevin Feige discusses Marvel in Disney Parks.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Marvel CEO Kevin Feige discusses Marvel in Disney Parks.

Marvel's Next Step: Disneyland - Movies News at IGN

Found this interesting article that discusses the head of Marvel's thoughts of incorporating Marvel into the Disney Parks.

Re: Marvel CEO Kevin Feige discusses Marvel in Disney Parks.

I for one welcome the inclusion of Marvel in the parks.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

Comment

No!!! Keep them out

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

I welcome Marvel. Disney could do some really immersive theming with the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs09 View Post
          No!!! Keep them out
          Keep in mind, they aren't even remotely talking about putting X-men in Fantasyland, or Spiderman in New Orleans Square. They are discussing theme appropriate characters. And there is always the option for a park specifically for the marvel characters as well. Don't just dismiss it outright. I'm sure people, had there been a MiceChat back then, would have outright dismissed Star Tours and Indy as well as non-Disney, but look at them now... some of the most popular attractions.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

If done right, I am not opposed to this intrusion. Spiderman walking down the streets in Fantasyland? Not so much. Stark Expo Center taking over Innoventions? Yes please.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
              Keep in mind, they aren't even remotely talking about putting X-men in Fantasyland, or Spiderman in New Orleans Square. They are discussing theme appropriate characters. And there is always the option for a park specifically for the marvel characters as well. Don't just dismiss it outright. I'm sure people, had there been a MiceChat back then, would have outright dismissed Star Tours and Indy as well as non-Disney, but look at them now... some of the most popular attractions.
              Exactly. Disney is known best for immersing their guests into well-themed areas, and they do that perfectly with Indiana Jones and Star Wars. I don't see how superheros are any different. In fact, superhero stories have been apart of American culture as much as fairy tales and cowboys. I can see Disney doing great things with these characters in the future. I'm not even a huge fan of superheros and I'm really excited to see what happens.

Comment

Even that way I still wouldn't want them in there.

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Precisley. And Marvel has plenty of material that Disney can work with. A Marvel Theme Park would be an excellent 3rd gate for DLR and that Stark Expo in Tomorrowland sounds like a great plan.

Disney knows better than to plug in random Marvel Characters in lands they don't belong in.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                  The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                  Indy Ride Count: 2211
                  World of Color Count: 74

Comment

For the love of G-d can you stop making sense! Really, just sap all the fun out of internet boards with your stupid facts and logic and reasoned posts. ;-)
                    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceUponADream View Post
                      If done right, I am not opposed to this intrusion. Spiderman walking down the streets in Fantasyland? Not so much. Stark Expo Center taking over Innoventions? Yes please.
                      I will second that!
                      So. Zetta. SLOW!

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                        For the love of G-d can you stop making sense! Really, just sap all the fun out of internet boards with your stupid facts and logic and reasoned posts. ;-)
                        LOL. I do apologize for that. I shall endeavor to add some lunacy to my posts in the future.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post

LOL. I do apologize for that. I shall endeavor to add some lunacy to my posts in the future.
                          Mycroft, your like the Spock of MC.

Anyway, I think this Stark Expo idea in tomorrowland is a good start and tester. Both will work with the other perfectly.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                          Indy Ride Count: 2211
                          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Sounded more like hoping for a Marvel themed park, or land as opposed to randomly plugging them in.

Comment

OMG the villain themed rollercoaster 3rd gate at DL/5th gate at WDW can be marvel themed finally!!!

=P

second thought:
                              waaaa get pixar characters out of the park they're not disney even though disney paid for them to be created. *insert marvel characters* AHHHHHHHHHHHH bring back pixar characters!!!

my own thought:
                              fine just don't do things like the cheesy fake biceps wolverine they did at the x-men restaurant at Universal Hollywood

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X