Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An all Marvel 3rd gate, what would you want?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] An all Marvel 3rd gate, what would you want?

This is just for fun, but I know SOME of us here are Marvel/Comic book geeks as well,so lets have fun with it. And no "I don't want Marvel", "Disney should sell back Marvel" posts... this is for the Marvel fans, not negativity.

I'm thinking as far as land break down:

East Coast/NYC:Home of Spider-Man, The Avengers, The Fantastic Four, X-Men
    West Coast: (I know a little redundant, but bear with me) Home of Stark Industries/Tony Stark (movie version, comic version of Stark is in NYC also) and The Avengers West Coast
    Asgard: Home of the God's/Thor
    Latveria: Dr. Doom's fictional country he owns, can be used as an all purpose Villains land (Masters of Evil, etc)
    An all purpose "alien" land: Shi'ar, Skrull and Kree Empires

That seems like it'd be a good mix of the different stuff Marvel deals in, any other ideas?

Re: An all Marvel 3rd gate, what would you want?

Thor please

I wouldn't mind if they decided to add a mythology land in the supposed park. Thor is my favorite Norse myth and I could see it working perfectly, with the new movie coming and all.

Comment

Iron Man, and the Fantastic 4 for starters.

In an all-Marvel park ..... I'd say to Disney .. go as wild as you want. Of course ... space isn't exactly unlimited in a park that may be no larger than 50-60 acres .. hard to tell.

In WDW? Where space is not limited? An entire 5th Park could be amazing!

I wouldn't mind seeing this .. Florida or Anaheim or both: http://s3.media.squarespace.com/prod...rvel8.jpg.jpeg

Of course .. that ^^^ is before Disney bought Marvel .. So, how Disney Imagineers would rework this concept is unknown.
      MY SIGNATURE:
      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

I LOVE this idea.

The only parts of the OP's layout I would modify/simplify would be to make the East Coast nothing more than a detailed and well themed New York, and make the West Coast only the Stark Expo, just to hone the themes to something more specific. I'm not enough of a geek (I use that term as compliment) to know much about Latervia, or the alien area, but they both sound like good ideas (although I wonder if having both Asgard and an alien area would be too much outer space).

I think to be commercially successful, this park would have to mainly draw from the Marvel Universe as created in film, and not as much from characters that are only known to comic book readers. And it remains to be seen whether or not the popularity of these movies will be enduring enough to keep this park popular for as long as Disneyland has been.

The addition of Marvel to Disney seems like a great opportunity to create a really elaborate, highly-themed Islands of Adventure type park, that could show that Disney is willing to compete with attractions such as Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I think a Marvel theme park, if enough money and creative energy was put into it, could be a game-changer for Disney.

Comment

Not a full-on Marvel park, but, if they followed my idea of a mythologically-themed park, then Asgard could fit in a Norse themed land of the park. And still leave room for Hercules and other myths Disney could tackle in various franchise forms. Lands could be
          Greek
          Norse
          Egyptian
          Chinese
          North American
          Etc.

Comment

I'm not going to lie... The only Marvel property I like is Iron Man. When it comes to Asgard being the home of Thor... I grew up watching Stargate SG-1 so whenever I think of Thor, I think of a little Roswell Gray alien that is an Asgard from the galaxy Othalla, not a viking from Asgard... As a kid I wasn't watching Spiderman or any other Marvel characters on TV. I was watching the Super Friends (DC). I'm not trying to dish out any haterade right now, but I wish that Disney would have bought DC instead of Marvel. With DC they would have gotten Batman (my brother's all time favorite superhero), Superman (my personal favorite comic book character), wonder Woman, The Green Lantern, the Flash, Aquaman, and many others.

I liked the picture that tomorrowland_1967 posted, but I don't want a Marvel park/land to be all about the thrills like Knotts or Six Flags. I would rather they do things that are dark rides, and maybe a mountain to add to the range.

Again... I'm not trying to dish out haterade toward Marvel, I just don't want to see Spidey next to Mickey... Ever.
            Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
            July 13th-18th
            November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
              Not a full-on Marvel park, but, if they followed my idea of a mythologically-themed park, then Asgard could fit in a Norse themed land of the park. And still leave room for Hercules and other myths Disney could tackle in various franchise forms. Lands could be
              Greek
              Norse
              Egyptian
              Chinese
              North American
              Etc.
              I actually love this idea because I LOVE Egyptian mythology and Arthurian mythology (sword in the stone anyone). You can thank my love of Stargate for this. I also would want Disney to get a deal with MGM again so that Disney could have something good based on Atlantis (Stargate Atlantis is much better then the late 90s Disney movie).
              Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
              July 13th-18th
              November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                I'm not going to lie... The only Marvel property I like is Iron Man. When it comes to Asgard being the home of Thor... I grew up watching Stargate SG-1 so whenever I think of Thor, I think of a little Roswell Gray alien that is an Asgard from the galaxy Othalla, not a viking from Asgard... As a kid I wasn't watching Spiderman or any other Marvel characters on TV. I was watching the Super Friends (DC). I'm not trying to dish out any haterade right now, but I wish that Disney would have bought DC instead of Marvel. With DC they would have gotten Batman (my brother's all time favorite superhero), Superman (my personal favorite comic book character), wonder Woman, The Green Lantern, the Flash, Aquaman, and many others.

I liked the picture that tomorrowland_1967 posted, but I don't want a Marvel park/land to be all about the thrills like Knotts or Six Flags. I would rather they do things that are dark rides, and maybe a mountain to add to the range.

Again... I'm not trying to dish out haterade toward Marvel, I just don't want to see Spidey next to Mickey... Ever.
                Right there with ya but Im on the fence with the idea. I mean it doesn't really sit right but I when I see "Marvel" as the main focus of a 3rd gate I think Six Flags for some reason..I wouldn't mind it being an thrill park but still the whole Marvel acquisition leaves me scratching my head.

Comment

Probably just for the third gate to not have a Marvel theme.

Comment

An Ironman coaster for sure, maybe a Thor Boat ride, and Xmen stunt show and a SPiderman Dark ride. They would need just one land, not a whole park but Disney could do even more than Universal did if they put enough money into a land.
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                      An Ironman coaster for sure, maybe a Thor Boat ride, and Xmen stunt show and a SPiderman Dark ride. They would need just one land, not a whole park but Disney could do even more than Universal did if they put enough money into a land.

A Spider-Man dark ride using a Peter Pan like ride car would be awesome now that I think of it.

Comment

I'd rather see Tomorrowland get a turned into Marketingland with Marvel, Tron and Star Wars having huge presence everywhere you look.

Comment

I would want a marvel theme park but with mickeyl and friends dressed up as super heros too

Comment

Originally posted by Faint of Hearts View Post
                            I'd rather see Tomorrowland get a turned into Marketingland with Marvel, Tron and Star Wars having huge presence everywhere you look.
                            I agree with the second and the third, but not the first
                            Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                            July 13th-18th
                            November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by Faint of Hearts View Post
                              It's half there already!
                              MY SIGNATURE:
                              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X