Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California themed music loop in DCA: anyone else going to miss it?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] California themed music loop in DCA: anyone else going to miss it?

Hello, I only post from time to time, but I read MC all the time.

I'm probably alone on this, but one of my favorite details about DCA since opening day has been the California themed audio throughout the main entrance and Paradise Pier: California Dreamin', California Girls, California Here I Come, California Sun, Hooray for Hollywood, just to name a few. I'm sure locals probably get sick of hearing those songs, but when I walk into DCA and there's nothing to look at, those songs really make up for it. I like the Victorian music in PP now, but there was something really special and fun about hearing the Beach Boys themed to the Pier. Now, of course, BVS will be awesome and Paradise Pier is turning out quite nice. I still wish there'd be a place for those songs elsewhere in the park.

What do you all think? Is it possible we may hear those tunes somewhere else in Phase 2? Will anyone else miss hearing those melodies?

Re: California themed music loop in DCA: anyone else going to miss it?

You mean those 4 songs that play over and over and over? I won't miss them one bit.

Comment

Nope. In fact, if I had some sort of physical representation of those songs, like a CD, I would burn it.

Comment

Speaking for every Cast Member who has worked in Sunshine Plaza at one time or another: NO.
        "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

I hated every singe one of those songs before they played at DCA. They're slow and annoying.

Goooooooooooood riddance.
          This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

No, thank you....kind of glad to say off to Yesterland to the California themed songs from the entrance area, and the cheesy rinky dink boardwalk tracks. They were kind of amusing, boardwalk ones, first time....kind of grating after multiple visits. Classic orchestration all the way for me, or period songs.
            when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Not really. Maybe 1920's and 1930's music will fit the theme.

http://belfrycomics.net/
              http://furaffinity.net/
              Save

Comment

I will miss them. I enjoyed them and thought they were fun.

However, I think the new theme and music will blend together perfectly, so I'll quickly get over the missing of the old stuff.
                DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16
                DW Trips: '08
                International parks: Some day...

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                  You mean those 4 songs that play over and over and over? I won't miss them one bit.
                  So true, it sounded like they left their ipod on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by LangenFox View Post
                    Not really. Maybe 1920's and 1930's music will fit the theme.
                    Not many people like that era of music, but I hope that's what they use.

Then I'll miss Knott's Roaring 20s section just a little bit less.

Comment

Apparently I am in the minority, but I will miss it.

Comment

Negative, I say good riddance.

Comment

Nope, won't miss the Sunshine Plaza junk at all. Although I'm embarrassed to admit I miss the old Paradise Pier stuff a teensy bit. But I like the new stuff a lot more so it's not much of a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Evening Star View Post
                            Then I'll miss Knott's Roaring 20s section just a little bit less.
                            I'm with you on that one. That's why I'm so excited for BVS and that's why I am pissed at Michael Eisner for canceling the 1920's Main Street for Disneyland Paris. But that's another story.

Comment

Hopefully they still keep the Candy Corn Acres BGM so we can listen to Candy Man, Good Ship Lollipop, and Sugar Sugar when we enter the park still!

/sarcasm

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X