• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManaByte
    Banned User
    • Sep 2005

Solo trips to DLR?

How many people make solo trips to the park like on Weekdays?

I do once in a while when friends have to work and I want to check something out. Does anyone else?
  • speederscout
    0 to 200 mph in 1 second!
    • Feb 2005

Re: Solo trips to DLR?

You're not alone. A private weekday visit is a nice refresher from the daily grind, and it gives you a chance to do or see things that you might not be able to for whatever reason when you're with a group.

Want to try something really relaxing? Take a good book to Plaza Inn and sit in one of the sun rooms reading with a cup of coffee at dusk on a winter day. Wonderful.

Comment

• Mitten
      Where's Push?
      • Aug 2005

I have and plan on two more days in the next two weeks. Its fun and relaxing when you are by yourself. But I don't ride many rides. Maybe a trip on Space, since I do it by myself anyway, even when i'm with my family. I mostly watch shows and people watch.
      Take Care,

Brenda

Comment

• pjdonnell
        Elusive Poster
        • Jan 2005

I go by myself every once in a while. I usually don't stay long or ride many rides, but it's not really about that for me. It's a chance to walk along at my own pace, see the things I wants to see, sit down and do nothing for a while, maybe take a few pictures, and leave. I guess it's really about doing your own thing. It's a kind of freedom you rarely get to experience when you're there in a group.
        Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

Comment

• Speedway
          Former Epcot CM
          • Jan 2005

Omg, a few hours by myself in any Disney park is my idea of bliss! On my recent trip to WDW, I spent an afternoon just wandering around MGM, and I sat in the coffee store for an hour reading Disney books. I don't go on many rides at all, I just wonder around, checking out the scenery, but I never actually realised how long it takes to get from Splash Mountain to Space Mountain before.
          BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
          TRIP REPORTS

Comment

• alphabassetgrrl
            • May 2005

Sure! Weekdays, usually; less crowded. I ride some of the big rides, depending on my mood. I'd go this Thursday except I work that night. Maybe in a couple weeks, after the Nutcracker craziness dies down at work. It'll still be Christmas/Holiday/Yule/other generic wintertime holiday, and all the decorations and all will still be up. I can laugh at the poorly-adjusted snow machines.

If I go by myself, I like to make as full a day as possible. It's a two-hour trip. Taking the train worked out pretty well last time, though I have to leave early.
            I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

• Where's Barbie?
              @ DENIAL ISLAND
              • Jul 2005

me me me... I enjoy the week days I can just get my DL fix and go home. It's like wham, Bham thank you Walt :lol:
              aka Sara

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

One of my children
              isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating :sleep:

Comment

• Zeus
                :)
                • Oct 2005

Yes, it's great...I usually will grab a snack and a drink from home, pocket it and go in the park....Or if I have the cash ( I am a poor HS student ) get somethin to drink and a snack and check out the scenery, ride the rides you love over and over and over and over again (Indy, mattahorn & Soarin') and go at your own pace, when you're with groups you have to deal with doing what Everyone else wants...now you can do w/e you want....goto DCA to ride a ride than come back to DL, vise versa, etc.... the park is yours :]

ps - the only downside, which I had sadly experienced....is when you're at the park by yourself and you see somebody you know or some friends in the park....and you're by yourself, eh....(maybe its just me) but its kinda embarassing and akward

Comment

• DisneySarah
                  • Oct 2005

True, true, MulishaCM! I also feel kinda weird when I see people I know and I'm there by myself - but not weird enough to stop going alone!

I go by myself all the time. It is a completely different experience than going with a group. I do occasionally stop by after work just to see whatever's new around the Resort, especially if I read about it on MiceChat!

I really think that you can't fully experience Disneyland until you have been alone, without distractions from others in your group. If you want to stop and look at the plants, you can! If you want to hang out in the Main Street Cinema for half an hour watching all the old cartoons, you can! It's great!

Comment

• MickeysGirl
                    Give Peace a Chance
                    • Oct 2005

:ap: I do it all the time! I set my own pace, see what I want to see. Take my time to stop and smell the roses.
                    No stress, no fuss. Just a wonderful relaxing time. I do take full advantage of the single riders attractions.
                    I also agree with speederscout, a cup of coffee and a good book, what better place to enjoy both then at Disneyland? :ap:

Comment

• Barbaraann
                      Chicago Gal
                      • Apr 2005

I visited Disneyland for the first time during the Anniversary week. We arrived on the 16th and stayed until the 22nd.

The morning of the 22nd, I was at Disneyland Park by myself. It was wonderful. I had breakfast at Riverbelle Terrace. Rode the Mark Twain. Took a raft over to Tom Sawyer Island. Strolled and shopped on Main Street. Listened to the partyline conversations on the telephones in the (I believe it was called the marketplace) shop on MainStreet. I took pictures and just visually took in as much of the park as I could.

I remember leaving the park. I was sad, and happy at the same time. So happy that I had enjoyed Disneyland so much. Sad, because I do not know when I will be able to get back. I left the park about 10:30 a.m. The sights of the beautiful Disneyland Park are etched in my memory.

Do not be afraid to enjoy the park by yourself. By yourself, you can slow down and take in all the wonderful little nook and crannies. Or you can ride those rides that perhaps others won't. Don't be afraid to spin on the teacups, ride Dumbo, or Splash down a mountain, by yourself. There's so much fun to be had. Or perhaps just sit on a bench, and just look at the beautiful castle.

Oh, if only I knew when I could glimpse it all again.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• kelly
                        love my friends
                        • Sep 2005

i have never done this.. but this sounds like a great concept.. think I will in the very very near future

Friends for life

Comment

• alphabassetgrrl
                          • May 2005

You feel weird seeing people you know if you're alone? It's an excuse to fall in with them, and now you're all hanging out together in Disneyland!

**hugs**
                          -kerry, who *is* weird... but that's ok...
                          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

• ManaByte
                            Banned User
                            • Sep 2005

Does anyone have a list of the single rider lines and basically where you go for each one (I could never find the Splash one).

Comment

• kelly
                              love my friends
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ManaByte
                              Does anyone have a list of the single rider lines and basically where you go for each one (I could never find the Splash one).
                              Just go to the CM at the front of the line

Splash moutain has them

I do know indian jones had them but they told me recently they stopped that.. they claim the only ride in DL that has it is Splash moutnain

soarin still has it though, i used it last week
                              wish TOT had it... sigh

Friends for life

Comment

• ghoofie
                                MiceChatter
                                • Aug 2005

Oh gosh yes. I travel from NORCAL to SOCAL on business. I typically stay in Anaheim at the Candy Cane and visit the park late afternoons and evenings during my stay. Nothing like a company paid trip to Anaheim !!
                                Gawrsh !!

Comment

• Druggas
                                  Hooterville, USA
                                  • Feb 2005

Going alone doesn't mean you'll be lonely. Time to people watch, and see if you can spot other MiceChatters.
                                  sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• Eeee-va
                                    I love that tiny bear!
                                    • Oct 2005

If I lived in the Anaheim area (or were rich) I'd do it all the time! In fact, walking into Disneyland on a fairly sedate Thursday morning, I fantasized about how wonderful it would be to work a shift like most people at my work (they work every other Saturday and have one day off during the week) and just go to Disneyland one day every two weeks...

I had a few hours by myself on my recent trip and it was great! I suppose it's not for everyone (some people are so social, I think going alone would really freak them out). But for people used to doing things by themselves, it's lovely, and I'm sure some people who don't generally like that sort of thing still like DL alone.
                                    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• Zeus
                                      :)
                                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl
                                      You feel weird seeing people you know if you're alone? It's an excuse to fall in with them, and now you're all hanging out together in Disneyland!

**hugs**
                                      -kerry, who *is* weird... but that's ok...
                                      True, but it still is akward..when it happened to me they we're just like

"who are you here with?"

and i was just like "just me..."

and everyone was just kinda like ohhhhhh....lol....true, I am a very social person, but I love disneyland so when I go by myself it is a little uncomfortable, like when i am in line by myself and I have groups of people all around me, it is kind of lonely....but that is only when theres massive lines, i've only done this once when it was crowded and it sucked, thank god it was just after work and I didnt have to do any extra travel....How does the single rider line work? do you just go up to a CM and say you're riding solo? thanks

Comment

• PrincessY
                                        Winter in Oceanside...
                                        • Oct 2005

Not on weekdays (darn job) but I have gone on the weekends by myself lots of times. Love it! Generally I just walk around soaking up Disney atmosphere, visiting the shops, grabbing a snack.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X