This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] First time to DLR; romantic date night dieas

I just joined Micechat because I've been getting such great tips from the forums! Thanks so much for helping me prepare for our trip. Now, my questions. My husband and 7 month old baby and I will be at DLR June 7-9th. I have been to WDW several times (but not in 10+ years). My husband has never been to any Disney park, and I think he just has no idea what to expect. I've gotten lots of great tips on how to navigate the park with a baby, how to maximize use of Fastpass and Riderswap, and I'm confident about our daytime touring with the baby.

BUT, I was thinking of hiring a babysitter through the Fullerton Childcare agency for one night and having a date night. I would love feedback from anyone who has used them. We have actually never hired a babysitter before--baby has always stayed with his grandparents. So that will probably be a bit stressful for us.

If we do hire a sitter, what are some recommendations for our evening out? We have park hopper tickets and Fantasmic is only showing 1 night that we're there. DL is open til midnight that same night. I was thinking of an early dinner (either in the park, Downtown Disney, or somewhere in Anaheim), followed by riding some adult rides so we can ride together instead of rider swap, and the 10:30 showing of F! How does that sound?

Any better ideas? I'm so terribly excited about this trip, and I really want to make my husband's first Disney experience a great one! He's such a kid at heart and teaches elementary school so he definitely knows how to enjoy the magic!!

Re: First time to DLR; romantic date night dieas

How cool! If money isn't an object, I love dinner at the Napa Rose which is in the GrandCal Hotel. The Blue Bayou is nice too and for a first time there it's awesome (get a reservation). Attractions to think about (Haunted Mansion, Tiki Room, Fireworks, F!, World of color, Mickey's fun wheel)

Comment

I'll agree with both restaurants: Napa Rose and Blue Bayou.

I don't know if it exists, but see if there is some kind of dinner/seat combo package for Fantasmic! or WOC. It will be costly, though, if there is one.
      But if you're already spending the money for a sitter (which won't be cheap) you might as well make the most of your time together. I know it can be hard to get out with just your spouse.

I think you've already mentioned the highlights for a romantic night out. Just holding hands as the fireworks go off will be pretty special, for that matter.

Enjoy, and take lots of pictures!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Another great thing is to find a nice bench and site and enjoy being with each other. My wife and I love to just take a 15 - 20 minute break and relax, people watch, and soak in the atmosphere too.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Since you have hopper tickets, another option is going to the Wine Country Trattoria in California Adventure. You can call Disney Dining in advance and make a reservation for a World of Color Dining package. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is great. You are on a patio overlooking the park!

When you are all done with your meal, they present you with two passes to see World of Color. My wife and I did this twice, once on our anniversary last summer and again a few weeks ago when we had a kid free evening. It's just a nice place to relax and enjoy being with one another away from the hustle-bustle of the them park, but just close enough to go back in and ride some rides until showtime.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
            Another great thing is to find a nice bench and site and enjoy being with each other. My wife and I love to just take a 15 - 20 minute break and relax, people watch, and soak in the atmosphere too.
            +100000000000000000

I did this last trip, but for at least an hour! My gf and I sat in between the Tortilla Factory and Boudine's... and just talked and relaxed. I think the entire time we were at DLR, we got on 4 attractions not including watching WoC.

But personally, I'd recommend Fantasmic! over WoC as I think the Princess section takes the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
              Since you have hopper tickets, another option is going to the Wine Country Trattoria in California Adventure. You can call Disney Dining in advance and make a reservation for a World of Color Dining package. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is great. You are on a patio overlooking the park!

When you are all done with your meal, they present you with two passes to see World of Color. My wife and I did this twice, once on our anniversary last summer and again a few weeks ago when we had a kid free evening. It's just a nice place to relax and enjoy being with one another away from the hustle-bustle of the them park, but just close enough to go back in and ride some rides until showtime.
              True. I did Wine Country on my last trip as well. The service is great, and having those Fast Passes for WoC means more time to do whatever you want.

Comment

Originally posted by blackmoa View Post
                I just joined Micechat because I've been getting such great tips from the forums! Thanks so much for helping me prepare for our trip. Now, my questions. My husband and 7 month old baby and I will be at DLR June 7-9th. I have been to WDW several times (but not in 10+ years). My husband has never been to any Disney park, and I think he just has no idea what to expect. I've gotten lots of great tips on how to navigate the park with a baby, how to maximize use of Fastpass and Riderswap, and I'm confident about our daytime touring with the baby.

BUT, I was thinking of hiring a babysitter through the Fullerton Childcare agency for one night and having a date night. I would love feedback from anyone who has used them. We have actually never hired a babysitter before--baby has always stayed with his grandparents. So that will probably be a bit stressful for us.

If we do hire a sitter, what are some recommendations for our evening out? We have park hopper tickets and Fantasmic is only showing 1 night that we're there. DL is open til midnight that same night. I was thinking of an early dinner (either in the park, Downtown Disney, or somewhere in Anaheim), followed by riding some adult rides so we can ride together instead of rider swap, and the 10:30 showing of F! How does that sound?

Any better ideas? I'm so terribly excited about this trip, and I really want to make my husband's first Disney experience a great one! He's such a kid at heart and teaches elementary school so he definitely knows how to enjoy the magic!!
                As far as the sitter portion goes, I can't really help you too much there. But there are some great places at the Resort to have a romantic bite to eat. I would suggest the Blue Bayou, they have some pretty good food, and you cannot beat the atmosphere there. Another resturant suggestion would be Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel. I went for my first time on Valentines Day with my girlfriend and loved it! Since you still have a few weeks before you come, I would for sure call and make reservations if you plan on eating at either of those (or anywhere there for that matter). The number for Disney Dining is (714) 781-DINE.

As for the parks, like above posters have said, sometimes just sitting and soaking in the atmosphere can be one of the best things to do there! But there are plenty of great rides and attractions to hit too! Take lots of photos and have lots of fun!

Comment

Thanks for all the responses! Sitting on a bench with my sweetie sounds like heaven to me. I really liked the menu at Napa Rose, but I think it would be at least a 2 hour meal, and we would enjoy the opportunity to ride some "adult" rides together. It will be our only chance. I'm thinking Wine Country Trattoria sounds good or Blue Bayou.

Between F! and WOC, which should we choose? There's no way the baby could make it until nighttime even with a nice long afternoon hotel break and nap, so we will only have the one night in the parks (however, he is a 5 am riser, so we will be at the gates nice and early!). I'm leaning toward F! because I've always wanted to see it, and I love puppets and spectacle!

Thanks for the help!

Comment

I have seen both serval time WOC is fun but F! something you will never forget. If u can only see one I would ge with F! .... also another thing if u get fast passes for world of color right when it opens and u can see the 8:00 show. Then leave right after that for the baby I know it might be a tring evening but worth it if u can find away to see both shows.... u can always take a train ride arond the park for an hour or two to try to let the baby sleep... before woc. Train rides fun to talk and people watch.

Comment

I'd stick to the DLR itself (Napa Rose or Blue Bayou) for a romantic dinner. Since you've never been here let me tell you that Anaheim is not really the most romantic city in the area. For that I would recommend either Newport Beach or Laguna Beach. But that may be too far to travel to with your plans the way they are, and I personally would not be comfortable with my baby in Fullerton when I was in one of the beach cities. Perhaps the Orange Hill restaurant in the city of Orange would be a romantic choice but still that is a bit of a drive away although closer than the beaches.

Whatever you decide to do I hope you have fun!

Comment

Oh. And also do yourself a favor and skip the Trattoria. I've eaten frozen Stoffers lasagna that tastes just as good if not even better than the lasagna they serve there. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          Oh. And also do yourself a favor and skip the Trattoria. I've eaten frozen Stoffers lasagna that tastes just as good if not even better than the lasagna they serve there. Seriously.
                          I haven't eaten the lasagna there, but the Lamb and the Italian Wedding Soup are delicious beyond belief. So I wouldn't say to skip Trattoria. I'd say skip the Lasagna, but I haven't tried much at the restaurant. Could it have just been one bad day?

Comment

If you want a nice dinner then Wine Country Trattoria is a good place to go. The beef tenderloin my Wife had was great ( I had a bite that was all she would let me have). And the view for WOC is also great.

If you go to Fantasmic you can get the premium viewing, it cost more than the Wine country, but you get a place to sit and a desert tray that is very filling.
                            Fantasmic | Entertainment | Disneyland Park

Blue Bayouis another one of those that you have to do at least once, you actualy eat your meal in a ride, you become part of the ride.

There are so many things to do you will probably have a hard time coming up with just one.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X