This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Disneyland trip planning: Party of 31

Every year, a group of my friends and I embark on a very unique trip to Disneyland. I plan to do a Trip Report, but hopefully this can be informative and even maybe entertaining. Disneyland with a large group is a unique experience that requires quite a bit of pre-planning but the outcome is more than worth it!

Pre-Planning is absolutely necessary with a large group, I have now planned trips for between 14 and 31 adults, and without pre-planning I would be lost. The goal of the trip for my group of friends (beyond having fun and getting a quick escape from daily life) is 2 fold. 1) The trip needs to be quick. Several of my friends are unable to be gone from their jobs for more than a day and in my case, I'm a single parent. 2) Cost effective. Times are difficult right now.

Custom T-Shirts - Design Your T-Shirts Online - Free Shipping! Please feel free to ask if you see us in the park on June 11th.

However, staying together can get chaotic, so to avoid "what do we do next?" debates, a ride itinerary is created. This has been an absolute asset to our Disneyland trips! I plan out every ride we are going to ride, and in what order allowing time for shopping at certain locations (usually outside Pirates and in Tomorrowland). I try to place us near Tomorrowland around parade time so that some people can shop/ride a few rides and others can watch the parade. At the end of the evening, we split into two group "I want to ride more rides!" and "Fireworks and Fantasmic! please!" Structure is a very important part of Disneyland with a large group and it means that we are able to ride almost every single ride, enjoy shows, eat at least 1 meal together, do some shopping and in my experience, everyone is happy.

Dropbox, it is easy to invite others via E-mail and then everyone can deposit their pictures for easy downloading/exchange.

I have not planned this trip 4 times. February 23rd 2008, October 10th 2009, June 19th 2010 and June 11th 2011. Personally, I find that around the summer is the best despite the lines. The weather is more accommodating and all of the rides are open.

I'd love to hear question, feedback and if you see us in the park on June 11th, I'd love for you to say "hello!" FYI: Yelling my name (Mikki) might not get my attention... is the one day of the year when "Mikki" isn't a unique name )

Re: Disneyland trip planning: Party of 31

That sounds like a fabulous gameplan! I admire your organizing skills and the fact that you can get everyone to agree on the attractions you want to ride. My only negative thought was "wow, I wouldn't wear a black t-shirt"--LOL. I'd wish you a great time, but it looks like that's a done deal .

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
      That sounds like a fabulous gameplan! I admire your organizing skills and the fact that you can get everyone to agree on the attractions you want to ride. My only negative thought was "wow, I wouldn't wear a black t-shirt"--LOL. I'd wish you a great time, but it looks like that's a done deal .
      The ride itinerary is put in place so that no one has to "agree" on anything. ) We ride the rides in the order on the schedule because it's easier and more organized and everyone has more fun that way.
      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8679590/Team...y2011%20v2.pdf

Comment

wow very organize my parents have to plan a trip with family and 3 friends of 11 people so i guess its a little easier for my parents to plan our trip, i hope one day to plan a trip with 20+ people

Comment

You're lucky. I'd love to do that too but I'd be overwhelmed with details, I think. When I win the lottery one day, I'll do that. Money's no object.
          I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

This sounds like a very fun trip! My question to you would be - why not grab your Space fastpass right after the Star Tours, first thing in the morning? ((and Asto Blasters, too - but I'm not certain that will have fastpass now that Star Tours took theirs...))

Otherwise, what a great plan! I cannot imagine going to the Bayou with 30 people! Ha! Could they possibly ever give you one big table? Or do you have to split into smaller groups?

Comment

Originally posted by fancybauer View Post
              This sounds like a very fun trip! My question to you would be - why not grab your Space fastpass right after the Star Tours, first thing in the morning? ((and Asto Blasters, too - but I'm not certain that will have fastpass now that Star Tours took theirs...))

Otherwise, what a great plan! I cannot imagine going to the Bayou with 30 people! Ha! Could they possibly ever give you one big table? Or do you have to split into smaller groups?
              Can you have the FastPass for Star Tours and Space Mountain at the same time? If you can then my schedule will be amended slightly!

In regards to Blue Bayou, we will not be seated at 1 large table. They will be splitting us into tables of 10 people each.

Comment

You can get your next fastpass either when the return time passes for the fastpass you get first OR two hours after you get your first fastpass.

IF you get your Star Tours fastpass right away first thing, say by 8:05AM sharp, the return time will likely be 8:15 or 8:20. ((You will have to be quick - among the first of the day to get the fastpass - to get an early return time.)) In this case, you could get your Space fastpass right away at 8:15.

And following this logic, if you are very fast and get an early return time on your Space fastpass - say an 8:30 or 8:40 return - you could get another fastpass at that time.

However, I guess it is possible that the Star Tours fastpass line will be so mobbed that you'll end up with a later return time, thus foiling this plan... But if you can, get the Space one.
                Last edited by fancybauer; 05-30-2011, 09:35 AM. Reason: add more

Comment

Also, you can hold a whole deck of fastpasses - not just one at a time. We always collect fastpasses early and then later in the day when things are crowded, pull out our stack and say - "Well, we have 3 ready for Indy. Let's go there..." Or "We have 2 Big Thunders left, who wants to go?"

You just have to wait for that return time on the fastpass you have to arrive (or wait 2 hours).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X