This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss everything!!

I miss staying at the hotels and being fully immersed in the magic for the whole time. I miss watching the sunrise over DCA from my room in the Grand Californian. I miss riding the HM, POTC, BTMR, Matterhorn and SM. I miss parking myself in front of the castle late at night and watching the mass exodus down Main Street - then staying until it feels like we're the last ones in the park. I miss going to the Blue Bayou and remembering how my hubby proposed. I miss the feeling of total immersion - there's no outside world. I miss the feeling of complete happiness and contentment I get when I walk through those gates.

:lol: I just asked my husband what he misses the most and he said the parking attendants. He thinks they need them at Wal-Mart!

Comment

Originally posted by MegarooFifi
      I miss everything!!

I miss staying at the hotels and being fully immersed in the magic for the whole time. I miss watching the sunrise over DCA from my room in the Grand Californian. I miss riding the HM, POTC, BTMR, Matterhorn and SM. I miss parking myself in front of the castle late at night and watching the mass exodus down Main Street - then staying until it feels like we're the last ones in the park. I miss the feeling of total immersion - there's no outside world. I miss the feeling of complete happiness and contentment I get when I walk through those gates.
      That is precisely how I feel! Man I can't wait until May!

Comment

I miss the crack-filled (i.e. addictive) tomato basil pasta from Redd Rockets. Mmmm... follow that up with a strawberry parfait....

I'm drooling, here!
        "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

Like everyone here, I miss everything. My dad used to take me every year for my birthday, up 'till I was 16 or so. Now I hardly ever go! Last time I went was a week before Space Mountain went down for the big rehab, however long ago that was. Since then, I've been going through major withdrawl. I just miss all the random sounds of DL... the music, the safety spiels, all of it! I have to live vicariously through here :-P

Comment

Wow,
            glad so many of you miss soo many of the same things as myself.
            We're having our first kid in 3 months and so we don't even have a trip planned for the near future
            I miss the Haunted Mansion Holidays the most... followed by Pirates right after you've finished a Monte Cristo. There's nothing better... Well except for eating Gibson Girl Ice Cream late at night and parking it on the curb while you eat... just soaking up all the ambiance and magic. There's nothing better... Well except......... LOL
            I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

Comment

Our withdrawals start on the I-5 as we head north for home.

Last Thanksgiving, our 5 year old daughter started crying in the DL Lobby while she was saying good-bye to Goofy near the front desk. Goofy helped carry her out to our vehicle and put her down next to her seat. He blew her a couple kisses and she calmed down. As we pulled away, she asked if we could take Goofy home with us.

Our magic starts when we head south on I-5. The whole experience. Hotel, Park, being with the family and able to enjoy it all.

We'll be there next week! Ready for another dose...

Comment

absolutly everything...being totaly immersed in the Disney Magic...the sights, smells and sounds...I miss Main street, Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Hell I een miss Tomarrowland & Toontown (OK DCA too...to a point)...I miss it ALL.
                I miss the car ride down listening to Disney music and playing Disney trivia for 6 hours straight.

...Is it July yet? I don't think I can wait much longer.
                procrastibating

Comment

"My name is ________ and I have Disneyland withdrawals."

"Nice to meet you _________."

"Ok...today we are going to working on controlling sudden outbursts of humming/singing songs from Disneyland..."

Comment

I have been jonesing for a fix but now I"m practically salivating after hearing the clips for Remember!!

(veruka voice) I want to go NOOWWW

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

(veruka voice) I want to go NOOWWW
                      All right, Wonka. How much for an AP????
                      sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                      Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

revol,
                        Love your tag line "Cinnamony Toasted Tacos". Mmmm, more flavor! :lol:

how about "Dirty socks and Nachos, you old wh......" :lol: I like that one too!
                        sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                        Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

I miss everything about Disneyland The smells, the sounds and the all the attractions.

Comment

Withdrawal starts as soon as I get on the tram back to Mickey and Friends. That's where the CD's come in so handy--just play them continuously on the eight hour drive up I-5.

Maybe we should come up with Disneyland Addict T-shirts and signs? "Will Work for Trip to Disneyland?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan
                              Withdrawal starts as soon as I get on the tram back to Mickey and Friends. That's where the CD's come in so handy--just play them continuously on the eight hour drive up I-5.

Maybe we should come up with Disneyland Addict T-shirts and signs? "Will Work for Trip to Disneyland?"
                              Dito!!! Thank goodness for all my cd's.

Comment

::SIGH:: I miss the TOT mainly the lobby... I love it. I have pictures of it on my camera phone!

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

I miss the smell and sounds of the Disneyland steamtrains!
                                  'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

Comment

If it's longer than a week, I suffer withdrawls.

So, I try to pop in after work sometimes, even just to look at the castle, and that alone let's me know the world is okay.
                                    [email protected]

Comment

I miss everything...It's so hard each time I leave DL because I know that I won't be returning for several years. I think that I have actually only spent a total of 12 days in the park. That's depressing...I wish I hadn't thought about that.
                                      Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
                                      WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
                                      :love:Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006! :love:

Comment

I love walking into the park down the Middle of Main Street USA, ooo,aaaahh
                                        as I gaze in wonder at the Sleeping Beauty's castle as I head over and start chanting to Snow White with incense burning .....Oh did I just say that
                                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I miss being able to remember my last trip to Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X