Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard when you live about an hour away and haven't been to the park in 14 months. And it's not really the money, it's the trasportaion, or lack of it. Not having a car or licnese sucks.

With that said, I have tons of videos and audio from all the Disney parks, so I keep myself entertained with that. But I've been really wanting to go since I signed up with this board. Thanks a lot guys (and gals)
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Comment

I havn't been to disneyland since august .... and I am going at the end of this month ... I am SOOOOO happy ... I most miss the Fireworks, Mint Julep, POTC, Splash Mountain, Sitting in the Hub and just soaking it all in ... is it weird for a 16 year old to be obsessed with Disneyland????? I can't wait until my graduation ... I FINALLY get to go to Disney World!!!!
      Originally posted by drunkmom
      this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Its amazing how much happier I get as soon as I walk into the park. No matter what bad things might be going on in my life, as soon as I get there, I feel 100x better. I just might need to go there this weekend if I recieve some bad news tomorrow.

Today I was down in OC and could see the matterhorn and space mtn from the freeway. Was very hard to fight the urge to get off and just go to the park.
        Remain Seated Please..... :o

Comment

So much lamenting in this thread... just remember, the more you miss it, the better it is when you finally get to go again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Emelius_Browne
            What part of Minnesota? I have lots of family there.
            I'm from the Twin Cities area (PM me if you want more detail) but I'm living on campus at the U of M right now, so Minneapolis.

I miss the park a lot. On our way to the airport on the shuttle my boyfriend helped calm me down. I was nearly crying (it takes a lot for me to cry, except when the cancel my Electrical Light parade and I miss Piglet due to CM miscommunication). I kept looking at every glimpse of it that I could and even said bye to Mickey Mouse many times. It was as if I was a 3-year-old but I didn't care. That's just how I get sometimes. I guess that's how I "cope" with my DL withdrawls. I haven't listened to the Remember audio yet for this reason. I think I'll save it for a reward for me after I finish my midterms and am packing to visit my boyfriend. (What is sad is that I wasn't crying because I was leaving my boyfriend who lives in TX and I'm in MN, I was crying because I was leaving Mickey and my home- Disneyland.) My CMs even like to refer to it as my castle and my park since I love it so much. :sniff, sniff!:

Comment

Fortunately Downtown Disney and the Hotel grounds have been enough to satisfy my 'jones'. And it's free, so......It's all good. I just take about two hours, walk about, decompress....and the Haagen Dazs shakes help too!
              "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

I miss it all...the atmosphere alone! It always astonishes me when I go to think that Walt once stood in the same place, it just gives me a feeling of time standing still. Like Walt said about leaving it all behind and going ibto the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.That feeling like the enire world can be in one place at one time...like that book "A Wrinkle in Time". That beauty of something pure and sacred, in a way...it's nearly indescribible.
                My mind won't rest
                and I don't sleep
                Not even in my dreams...
                -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                1985-2005

Comment

I miss it all, but at least i'm not an AP, then I might get tired of it quickly. So I guess i'll just be more excited whenever I go back.

Comment

Hey, not all AP holders go to DL all the time. I live in NorCal and I still miss the park

Comment

Originally posted by Hikari to Kurai
                      I miss it all, but at least i'm not an AP, then I might get tired of it quickly. So I guess i'll just be more excited whenever I go back.
                      I was worried when I became an AP this last year. I have since discovered that it was one of the best things I have done. It allows my family and I to go whenever we start having withdrawls and need a quick fix. We have actually spent longer on the freeway getting to the park then we did in the park and my wife and I go when the kids are at the grandparents, We just hang out at the park and take in feeling sometimes not even riding the rides.

Comment

Oh, okay that's why I italicized (sp?) the might, haha. I have a funny, itchy feeling that I might never get tired of Disneyland if I were a AP holder and I lived minutes away. But alas, I'll never know how that feels.
                        Last edited by Modern Folly; 03-11-2005, 12:33 AM.

Comment

It took us a long time to decide to buy the AP, We only live about 60 miles north of DLR but you knever know what the traffic will be like. Last week it took us 3 hours to get home and I swore it would be a long while before we went back. But alas we were back 2 days later. I am beginning to wonder what we used to do with our free time. LOL

Comment

I'm sure this is blasphemous to miss something in DCA...
                            The animation studio. My friends and I always spend hours on those purple couches watching it play over, and over and over...

Comment

alot of people said going through the left tunnel, and they never go through the right one, but why? is there any difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirton
                                Everything!!!!!
                                Yup.

We haven't been to DLR since 2002.

We did go to WDW last year, but I came down with appendicitis 2 days after getting back (and had the appendectomy right away), so that kind of spoiled that (it could have been worse, I could have got sick in Orlando.

Anyway, even though we went to WDW, we still miss DL.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyking
                                  ... just soaking up all the ambiance and magic. There's nothing better...

LOL! I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
                                    I just sit here, talk to you all, read stuff, and do my pin thing.... which usually costs money. It's hard here in Minnesota since I can't do anything. hmph! Oh well.
                                    I totally feel you! When I worked there, I got to see it all everyday, and no matter where I was, I would ALWAYS stop and watch the fireworks and Fantasmic! (If I could see it!) Then I got my AP and it was every few months. Now that I have moved to South Dakota, I haven't been in over a year! ARGHH!!!!!! I am going crazy! This site and MiceAge are the only things that keep me connected and I am counting down the days until I can go back. What I miss most of all? The park at night when everything is lit up, especially after it has closed and all the guests are gone. Walking through the castle and seeing main street with its twinkling lights is one of the most rare and beautiful sights- if you stick around until they kick you out, you get a little taste of it. <SIGH>
                                    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                                    Help support the site you love:
                                    -Visit the MiceChat store
                                    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                                    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

I want a Churro NOW!!!!!!!!!
                                      sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                                      Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ahh Churros- anyone else just get a flashback to the simpsons where Homer jumps the fence at WDW to get a 14 dollar churro?
                                        Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                                        Help support the site you love:
                                        -Visit the MiceChat store
                                        Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                                        MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Disguy
                                          The feeling I get when entering the tunnels (left one) and my first view of the castle always makes me smile. I sooo miss that feeling 4 1/2 months and counting I REALLY need a fix!!
                                          I get a chance about 5 times a year to visit. The thing I really miss is Main Street at night. Simply Magical - the sites the smells - I try to stay in there as long as they let me.

Just brings me back - writing about it.

Must return quickly to restock my Churro supply too.

Corn Dog and Rod playing at Coke Corner - something not to be missed.

WDI

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X