X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What is a Dole Whip?

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what a Dole Whip is? A few people have talke about it on the forums but I don't remember seeing them anywhere when I was at the resort last.

Also, I would love to know some other foods that are only found at Disneyland, and a bit of a description
    Can't wait for December 2012 when I FINALLY get back to Disneyland Resort! My first trip in over 7 years

Re: What is a Dole Whip?

A Dole Whip is a soft serve Pineapple ice cream!! It is soooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddd!!! Especially on a hot day. There is always a long line!! They can be found outside of the tiki Room.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

It's a bit different than ice cream but that's basically it. I'm one of the very small minority who doesn't actually like the Dole whip (don't shoot!). I can't really think of foods only found at Disneyland. Churros are popular at Disneyland but are also available in other areas of Southern California--I still think Disneyland churros are the best (aside from very fresh churros at Olvera Street in downtown LA). I had a churro at WDW and was bitterly disappointed (although my kid didn't seem to care). The difference is that at Disneyland, the churro is frozen, but is then placed on a toasting conveyer-belt type thing right at the cart that warms them up and then drops them next to a pan of cinnamon sugar. The cast member spoons the cinnamon sugar mix over the churro and hands it to you, all fresh and hot and freshly-dipped. At WDW, the churros are pre-heated, pre-dipped, and just handed to you. I found that it tasted stale with not enough sugar, since they just pull it out from underneath the heat lamp rather than heating it right there for you.

Can you tell I love my churros?

Comment

Sorbet
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Other foods only found at Disneyland... They used to have this really good honey popcorn near Winnie the Pooh, but it's gone. It was just like caramel corn only gooeyer with a sweeter flavor.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Yeah, a Dole Whip is a form of soft serve ice cream sold just outside the Enchanted Tiki Room. It has a different texture from regular soft serve, is rather light, and has a slight pineapple flavor to it. Although I find Dole Whip to taste okay by itself, I enjoy it so much more as a Dole Whip Float with pineapple juice, also sold at the same location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dolewhips.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	7335079

Comment

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. The BBQ Chicken Baked Potato just might be my favorite food offering at ANY of the Parks! You can get it at the Troubador Tavern by the Princess Fantasy Faire!
              Last edited by dland_lover; 08-28-2011, 07:35 PM. Reason: Removed text in violation of MiceChat rules.
              The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

dole whip = heaven in a cup
                "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy."

"There is really no secret about our approach. We keep moving forward - opening up new doors and doing new things - because we're curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We're always exploring and experimenting. We call it 'Imagineering' - the blending of creative imagination with technical know-how."

-Walt Disney

Comment

I don't care for the plain dole whip, but I do like it in the float. Basically dole whip in pineapple juice.

Comment

Dole whip is a non-dairy frozen dessert.

Dole Soft Serve Mix is a lactose free dry mix that is reconstituted with tap water and frozen down in a soft serve machine. Marketed under the popular Dole brand name, this unique product delivers an intense, natural pineapple fruit flavor, yet is fat free and cholesterol free. Ingredients Water*, Sugar, Dextrose, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Coconut Oil**, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean, Karaya Gum, Pectin), Maltodextrin, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking), Corn Syrup Solids, Citric Acid, Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative), Artificial Flavor, Potassium & Sodium Phosphate, Mono & Diglycerides, Artificial Color (Yellow 5 & 6), Soy Lecithin.

*This ingredient statement was written with water added according to the recommended preparation instructions. Product is sold without water.

**Adds a trivial amount of fat (Needed for Fat Free claim)

Comment

It's the whip given to Indiana Jones by the welfare office.

Comment

A dole whip is sort of like pineapple ice cream, it is really good. They also have what is called a "Dole Whip Float" that includes a traditional dole whip with a side of pineapple juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineers Unite View Post
                          A dole whip is sort of like pineapple ice cream, it is really good. They also have what is called a "Dole Whip Float" that includes a traditional dole whip with a side of pineapple juice.

That way with the Dole Whip Float, you get "The Best Of Both Worlds!"
                          I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                          - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

It is a yummy treat and a great ice cream alternative for anyone with lactose intolerance
                            MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

You can also check out the Monte Cristo sandwich, either at the Blue Bayou or across from it at whatever that little restaurant is called.

Anywho, it's good and it's a good lead in to having a Dole Whip for dessert.
                              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X