Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

LIVE: What's Next at the Disneyland Resort Press Event

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News LIVE: What's Next at the Disneyland Resort Press Event

Fishbulb reports from the Disneyland Resort press event "What's Next" which is being held inside the Cars Land Construction area. We'll update the first post in this discussion as the event goes on.

The set-up. Press are seated inside Cars Land construction area. Workmen are on stage in hard hats
    The head of Disney Parks and Resorts, Tom Staggs, takes the stage

Like a Village People reunion, the workmen suddenly burst into a dance number

The beloved George Kalogridis (Disneyland Resort President) takes the stage

Goofy's Sky School is profiled. Will open by July 1st.

- New table service restaurant and lounge to be built in the Carthay Circle Theater at the front of the park.

Cathy magnum and Kevin raferty take stage to talk about cars land

• Out of the 12 acres of cars land 6 will be taken up by the ride
    • Flos cafe will be filled with comfort food and contain a museum for Doc
    • They are going to be writing new songs for mater to sing at the junkyard jamboree

Mater stops by

Al Weiss takes the stage to talk about the cruise line. The magic will have a place called animators palette, and have a bibbidy bobody boutique

• The Disney Wonder Cruise Ship will rerun to Los Angeles next summer

Jason Castro sings to introduce the Aulani

Amazing Imagineer, Joe Rhode, talks about Disney's Hawaiian resort, Aulani

Hula breaks out

Mickey and Minnie join in

More coming soon, stay tuned!
    Last edited by Dustysage; 06-03-2011, 01:17 PM.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Re: LIVE: What's Next at the Disneyland Resort Press Event

Got to love those dancing construction workers. I'll never look at another construction shot the same way again.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

No announcement about a name change for the park?

Comment

I have a strange feeling that we're not going to get any unannounced info here besides the small details.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

so wish i was there right now instead of in front of my desk typing this!!!!

have fun mr sage!

Comment

Love to see the scale of the rockwork in relation to the people. Gives a better understanding of how stagger an effect it will be. Thanks for the pics.
            Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

Comment

I'm so confused on something.... why is Anaheim advertising Aulani? Is it going to be overseen by TDA or something? Just seems odd that Disneyland would advertise Aulani with all of their new attractions since Aulani is nowhere near Disneyland Resort. Are they also advertising the WDW new attractions?
              Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
              July 13th-18th
              November 19th-25th

Comment

I take it they are not announcing anything beyond Carsland and Buena Vista street in 2012 (?). For either park?
                MY SIGNATURE:
                Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                  I'm so confused on something.... why is Anaheim advertising Aulani? Is it going to be overseen by TDA or something? Just seems odd that Disneyland would advertise Aulani with all of their new attractions since Aulani is nowhere near Disneyland Resort. Are they also advertising the WDW new attractions?
                  The same reason they talked about the Disney Cruise Line, it is part of the company and the media is already there. They want us to take trips over to hawaii to see it.
                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
                  -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                    Fishbulb reports from the Disneyland Resort press event "What's Next" which is being held inside the Cars Land Construction area. We'll update the first post in this discussion as the event goes on.

Al Weiss takes the stage to talk about the cruise line. The magic will have a place called animators palette, and have a bibbidy bobody boutique

• The Disney Magic Cruise Ship will rerun to Los Angeles next summer
                    The disney parks blog post just released says that the Disney Magic is going to texas and new york. It is the disney wonder that is coming to Los Angeles again along with Seatle:

Also coming in 2012, Disney Cruise Line will add new western ports and itineraries, when the Disney Wonder adds Pacific Coast cruises from Los Angeles, calling on San Francisco, San Diego and Ensenada, Mexico. Also new will be a 15-night voyage to Hawaii from Los Angeles, calling on Hilo; Kahului, Maui; Honolulu, Oahu; Nawiliwili, Kauai; and Ensenada, Mexico. And for the first time, Disney Cruise Line Alaska cruises will depart from Seattle in 2012, along with Vancouver.Disney Magic, will sail 12 seven-night cruises from the Port of Galveston, Texas, to the Western Caribbean.he Disney Magic will also sail out of Port Canaveral, Florida, on Caribbean and Bahamian itineraries and, for the first time, out of New York with cruises to the Bahamas and the along the New England coast.
                    -Aristotle

Comment

Yeah, I too get the feeling that this isn't an announcement of "new" so much as it is a reminder of what's still coming that we already know about. I wouldn't expect any major new announcements till D23.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                        No announcement about a name change for the park?
                        You don't spend a billion dollars on a California theme just to change the parks name. How are people seriously expecting this???

Comment

They already did the name change. Disney California Adventure. They dropped the 's.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Very nice! I'm greatly looking forward to the final product.
                            -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

Comment

You forgot to mention that George K. confirmed the restaurant/lounge in the Carthay Circle Theatre.
                              -Aristotle

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X