Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Disneyland Hotel Waterslides + Creek + "E Ticket" Pool Construction

Just got home from a mini-vacation at the Disneyland Hotel. Let me say one thing, these new additions to the hotel DO NOT DISAPPOINT. The slides are incredibly fun, the new landscaping and ambiance created by the Tangaroa Terrace/Trader Sams complex, geyser creek, and pool is wonderful. Sitting on the "Terrace" in large, comfy chairs overlooking the new pools, with the warmth of tiki torches flickering to the rythym of classic tropical melodies. Pictures do not do these additions credit, they must be experienced in person. I read comments about the monorail slides being ugly and visually unappealing. When viewed in person, however, everything blends together and the monorail slides don't really 'stand out' to a point where one could say anything really negative about it. But that's enough about that - just see it in person first before passing off judgement. Overall, the trip was memorable and, well, magical. Based off these few additions, the remodeled rooms, and the unsurpassed level of cast friendliness, the Disneyland Hotel has surpassed the Grand Californian in my book. The reason this expansion should be successful is because it captures the elegance and fun of the original hotel and modernizes it for the modern crowd. It's absolutely wonderful.

Re: Disneyland Hotel Waterslides + Creek + "E Ticket" Pool Construction

Thanks for the great photos! I do love how the area looks at night. I think we'll get a better sense of the changes when construction is complete and we can see everything as a whole. For now though, I want to try out those water slides....

Comment

it looks great thanks for the report! much apperciated!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDreamer View Post
        Thanks for the great photos! I do love how the area looks at night. I think we'll get a better sense of the changes when construction is complete and we can see everything as a whole. For now though, I want to try out those water slides....
        It will b quite fun to return come November when construction of the main pool is scheduled to be completed. The watersides (Monorail red, specifically), are outstanding. Slide red's speed is a doozy!
        Originally posted by burkesox98 View Post
        it looks great thanks for the report! much apperciated!!!!
        My pleasure!

Comment

..Nice pics...looks nice. Thanks for posting them..

Comment

The new slides do look a lot better at night with the lighting and tikiflames. I'll try to make a visit over there soon. Great looking pictures, by the way.
            I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Wow, looks a lot better than I thought it would! I like all the neat waterfall type things and steam
              sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
              Disney is my life <3
              Thank Walt for all he did! <3
              Future Imagineer <3
              Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Re: Disneyland Hotel Waterslides + Creek + &quot;E Ticket&quot; Pool Construction

are they retheming the original pool????

Comment

Re: Disneyland Hotel Waterslides + Creek + &quot;E Ticket&quot; Pool Construction

Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
                  Wow, looks a lot better than I thought it would! I like all the neat waterfall type things and steam
                  The geyser in the creek area is a wonderful low-key addition. It "erupts" every 20 minutes and the stream of water seems to be about 30-40 feet tall

Originally posted by burkesox98 View Post
                  are they retheming the original pool????
                  Yes, to tie into the new nouveau-retro theme. The "D-Ticket" pool had D-Ticket tiles bordering the pool which was a nice touch. Can't wait to see what's in store for the larger "E-Ticket" pool this fall!

Comment

Niiiice! I like the updates and look forward to being there. By any chance is there an elevator to the top of the slides? My brother has a respiratory issue and won't be able to climb those stairs.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChEars! View Post
                      Niiiice! I like the updates and look forward to being there. By any chance is there an elevator to the top of the slides? My brother has a respiratory issue and won't be able to climb those stairs.
                      Unfortunately, no.

Comment

what happens if i don't say at the hotel and want to swim?
                        they won't let me?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                          what happens if i don't say at the hotel and want to swim?
                          they won't let me?
                          You need to be a guest at the hotel in order to utilize the pool facilities. The restaurant and bar however are open to all guests.

Comment

Where is the creek located?

Comment

Great pictures! Cant wait to visit the new food and drink offerings!
                              The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X