This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Lunch and dinner Club 33 trip report

Recently I was fortunate enough to experience Club 33 for lunch and dinner. Being a life long Disneyland fan I had always hoped I would someday get a chance to eat their and thanks to my wonderful cousin and a new friend I met on my most recent WDW trip I was able to attend twice in the same week.

(All of the images in this post can be enlarged by clicking on them)

This first thing you do as you arrive at the Club 33 entrance (located to the right of the Blue Bayou entrance) is ring the doorbell. A Club 33 cast member will the open the door and ask you for the name your reservation is under.

After waiting a short amount of time in the lobby the receptionist will tell you and your party when you can go up to the actual restaurant. You may take the stairs or use the lift.

At this point you will be sat in one of two dining rooms. For lunch we were brought through the main dinging room. For dinner we sat in the trophy room.

To get to the main dining room you must walk through the bar. This area is also home to the lunch buffet during the day and extra seating at night. Rare and original concept art for Pirates of the Caribbean can be found on the walls.

The main dining room.
    When you sit at the table you'll find your starter plate. This is taken away when your food arrives.

My friend Jaana takes a look at the menu

This shot shows my reaction to the prices...
    All of us chose the chateaubriand

My wife is a big time steak lover so she destroyed that bad boy.

The most amazing part of lunch was the dessert buffet! It was so good!

Some day and night shots from the balcony.

For dinner we sat in the trophy room. The waitress told us most of the original animal heads have been removed at this point. She also said Walt wanted this room to be a "guy's room" where men could come and drink and smoke cigars.

The famous animatronic vulture.

Probably the only place you will find Mickey. The coffee cup.

Our amazing lunch waiter, Robert.

My wife and I on the balcony with the awesome Club 33 mouse ears.

The dinner menu.

Fess Parker Club 33 Wine.

For dinner I had the Ahi Tuna. Also delicious!

My dinner appetizer was the AMAZING crab cake.

The back of the plate.

My dinner dessert, cheese cake, bananas foster, and banana milk shake.

Overall it was an amazing couple of trips. It is very expensive (our lunch bill was $500 for 4 people) but worth doing at least once especially if you appreciate the mystique of the club. The dress code was not as enforced as I expected, during lunch there where people in t-shirts and jeans. The customer service is absolutely amazing.

The rest of my Club 33 photos from this trip can be found on my Flickr page!
    AngryAP.com - Disneyland and Walt Disney World nostalgia | My Flickr

Re: Lunch and dinner Club 33 trip report

Great pictures! It looks like you guys had an awesome time.

I've been lucky enough to visit the Club three times over the years through a friend of a friend. But I've always been too abashed to take more than a couple sly pictures (like of the bathroom!). Looking at the food is making my mouth water...

Comment

Absolutely jealous, I hope that I might get this opportunity at least once in my lifetime. Glad to see some awesome pictures as well.
      "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDreamer View Post
        I've been lucky enough to visit the Club three times over the years through a friend of a friend. But I've always been too abashed to take more than a couple sly pictures (like of the bathroom!). Looking at the food is making my mouth water...
        I know what you mean about taking the pictures. I didn't feel too bad because both reservations where the final ones for lunch and dinner so by the time we were done there was no other people.

Comment

Nice pictures....I haven't been to Club 33, but hope to eventually.

Comment

Jealous

Comment

Enjoyed looking at your pictures. It brings back memories for me!
              :thumbup:

Comment

How much do lunch cost you and what was the dress code for dinner?

Comment

Im glad you finally were able to visit the club!

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
                    The men's dress code for dinner is pants (jeans are acceptable but I didn't see anyone wearing them) and collared shirt. No shorts, swimwear, or tank tops allowed.

Lunch was about $100 per a person.
                    Last edited by SpaceJesus; 06-07-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
                      Lunch, without any alcohol, including tax and tip is right at $97. Add alcohol, it can go up quickly. Sunday lunch is about $10 more. Dinner is about $110 w/o alcohol, depending on what you order.

Dress code is slacks and a collared shirt for men, slacks and blouse or business dress for women. Shorts/capris are not allowed at dinner. Sandals are not allowed at lunch or dinner.
                      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Favorite Club 33 trip report ever!!! :clap: The pics are fantastic.

Comment

Amazing pics!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Hopefully someday I'll get to experience the club - the food looks AMAZING!

Comment

OOH! Lucky you! Jeez $100 bucks a person. Yikes.

Anyways, thanks for posting pictures for those of us who have never been. It looks like a beautiful restaraunt.

Comment

Nice Trip Report to places not ever seen by normal beings, (in this case, you!)

Timekeeper
                              sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                              Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X