Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy?

Wait a second. This gimmick makes no sense. If you're supposed to be a spy why would they take your picture and risk blowing your cover?

Sounds lame to me.

Comment

I was! It makes the ride that much more fun!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
        Wait a second. This gimmick makes no sense. If you're supposed to be a spy why would they take your picture and risk blowing your cover?

Sounds lame to me.

It makes sense on the ride, and in the scene. It's actually pretty cute.

Edit: Also, Star Tours isn't affiliated w/ the Rebel Alliance, it is a galatic travel company subject to Imperial laws.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Sounds lame to me.
          Basically Darth Vader stops you before you take off (at least on the versions I've been on) and wants the Rebel Spy that is on your ship. That is when the picture pops up. Example: "Halt. Prepare to be boarded. We know you have this *insert photo here* Rebel Spy on board." Noboby blows anyones cover, you have to imagine it like "wanted" poster photo, ya know?

Comment

Just be in a good pose toward the beginning

Comment

So I've heard about this "rebel spy". What is it exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by BrodyDanger View Post

Either Darth Vader or Storm Troopers will stop the ship before takeoff, instructing C3PO to prepare for boarding, as it has the ship is harboring a rebel spy. When he says that, a picture of a random guest on the ride will pop up on the screen.

Comment

Everyone's picture is taken right before the cast member checks everyone's seatbelts. Once the cast member leaves and the doors close, the cast member then chooses one person's picture to be used. The CM does not use pictures that have people flipping the bird or wearing their 3d glasses. It usually seems like the CM only chooses pictures of little babies or adults making stupid faces. I have ridden ST over a dozen times and I was never chosen.

Comment

Yeah I really like it! It adds to the ride and make us directly involved in the story. Havent been chosen yet and dont really want to. But not a big deal if I am.

Comment

Originally posted by BrodyDanger View Post
                      This is our own MC'ers video of the ride - you can see in the beginning what we are talking about, although you do not see the photo of the spy in this particular video. Skip to about 2 minutes in to see the actual ride footage.

YouTube - Star Tours 2 - The Adventure's Continue FULL Ride Video & Walk-Through - HD - Disneyland

Comment

I love the idea of a random guest being the Rebel spy. I had absolutely no idea that they were going to do that, so it was a pretty awesome suprise for me. ^_^

My sister's friend was the Rebel spy on our first time.

I rode it 4 times, and the Cast Member who chose the picture did not pick a child or a "silly-looking" person on any of our flights.
                        I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A.

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense to take the picture while the Imperial droid is scanning the Star Speeder?

Comment

I am glad that you enjoyed the rebel spy experience. It just doesn't do it for me. It takes away from the action and makes everyone except me and my brother laugh for some reason. The first few times I rode ST during the AP previews I could barely even hear the audio from the ride. Everyone else in the cabin was either laughing at non-funny parts or talking to each other or "woohoo" ing at parts that didn't warrant that kind of behavior. The CM worked everyone up at the beginning by saying, "is everyone ready?..." followed by a huge wooohooo from the cabin. I did not enjoy myself during the AP previews. However on june third, there wasn't anyone interrupting the show. Thank the maker! lol

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                              Basically Darth Vader stops you before you take off (at least on the versions I've been on) and wants the Rebel Spy that is on your ship. That is when the picture pops up. Example: "Halt. Prepare to be boarded. We know you have this *insert photo here* Rebel Spy on board." Noboby blows anyones cover, you have to imagine it like "wanted" poster photo, ya know?
                              OKIC now. Thanks!

Comment

I think it's a pretty cool feature to the ride. I don't believe you'll get your photo taken unless you're near the back of the ride vehicle. The two cameras are located above the center rows facing the back. I don't think people really laugh unless someone in their party gets their photo taken; that is of course, unless it's a funny picture. Some of them are just normal pictures with nothing crazy going on. I find it to be a neat little element of the ride that makes it more interactive and fun. And while I haven't been the spy, the two people I went with on separate occasions turned out to be the spy. Then you can tease them about keeping such a secret from you!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X