Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumbo Is Not Only The Flying Elephant At Disneyland!!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Dumbo Is Not Only The Flying Elephant At Disneyland!!!!

I noticed this on my recent visit to Disneyland that one of the elephant was missing.

YouTube - ‪Dumbo Isn't the Only Flying Elephant at Disneyland Park‬‏

Once every 7-10 years, the Jungle Cruise elephants are given a "check-up,"
    which takes about 7 weeks. When her refurbishment is complete, she will return
    to the Jungle Cruise and will once again be what the skippers call, "the largest
    and most feared animal in our jungle - the mother-in-law!" Read more at the
    Disney Parks Blog: http://bit.ly/lUZZ7U
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Re: Dumbo Is Not Only The Flying Elephant At Disneyland!!!!

OMG...too awesome. I just can't believe how real it looks. I'm surprised PETA or the news wasnt called to report a elephant rescue. )

Comment

OMG a real live flying elephant! Love the shot when the elephant flys over the castle.
      My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
      http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

LOL That's awesome! Now I wish someone had old vintage footage of the dinosaurs moving into Disneyland when they first got installed driving in Orange County!

Comment

Although I wonder if that's the safest way to get an elephant out of JC, it sure is efficient and there are so many awesome other things in that video! Not just the flying elephant, but also the fact that the helicopter takes off from and lands right on its flatbed (with cab attached). The whole operation probably took half an hour max from helicopter arrival to helicopter departure by truck.

Comment

Maybe it't just me, but that seems a little bit unnecessary.

Comment

I wonder how they get the elephants that are in the water out. That is pretty cool though!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
                I wonder how they get the elephants that are in the water out. That is pretty cool though!
                I am sure it's essentially the same thing. They are just mounted to the bottom and I'm sure the water isn't very deep so they just wrap the diddly-hoo around the elephant and fly it backstage.

Comment

But it was just one elephant. The skipper was right! That elephant can jump to other side.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/rollinwiththeho

Comment

haha awesome! we went last thursday/friday, and i was wondering where his mother-in-law went!
                    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy."

"There is really no secret about our approach. We keep moving forward - opening up new doors and doing new things - because we're curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We're always exploring and experimenting. We call it 'Imagineering' - the blending of creative imagination with technical know-how."

-Walt Disney

Comment

I didn't see a Magic Feather either.
                      I'll take a large Tea Cup with a side of Casey Jr. And when will all the construction finally end?

)):smart:
                      :smart::geek::geek::wave::wave:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
                          By submarine.
                          Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Slap in the face, showing a helicopter, in an area where thematicaly helicopters weren't invented yet

/sarcasm
                            There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                            -Dr. Strange

Comment

Haha too cool. I wonder how heavy that thing is if they need a helicopter to move it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X