Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about my Two day Park hopper(or SoCal Summer pass) and upgrading to an AP

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Question about my Two day Park hopper(or SoCal Summer pass) and upgrading to an AP

Okay so my wife and i are going July 14th for our 4th anniversary to DLR. i wanted to get a 2 day park Hopper and use one day on the 14th and use the second day in early august. whats the time frame for the expiration for the second day? does it have a certain timeframe needed to be used by? Also maybe the SoCal Summer pass will better suit me for our split trips.

Also will i be able to upgrade from a 2 day park hopper or the summer pass on my last days visit?

thanks for any insight, in advance.

Re: Question about my Two day Park hopper(or SoCal Summer pass) and upgrading to an A

Originally posted by cbisson View Post
    Okay so my wife and i are going July 14th for our 4th anniversary to DLR. i wanted to get a 2 day park Hopper and use one day on the 14th and use the second day in early august. whats the time frame for the expiration for the second day? does it have a certain timeframe needed to be used by? Also maybe the SoCal Summer pass will better suit me for our split trips.

Also will i be able to upgrade from a 2 day park hopper or the summer pass on my last days visit?

thanks for any insight, in advance.
    I believe you have 13 days after the initial use of a park hopper to use the second day (I think it is 2 weeks of use if you include the first day.) So from July 14th to early August probably won't work. Your best bet is to contact Disneyland directly to double check the period of time: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/contact/

As for your second question, yes you can upgrade you 2 day hopper to an AP. They will subtract the value (what you paid, so if you get them at a discount, only the discount amount counts) that you paid from the cost of the AP you want. The only advantage is if you want to go on a blockout date then convert to a pass that has blockout dates.

Hope this helps, good luck.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Re: Question about my Two day Park hopper(or SoCal Summer pass) and upgrading to an A

The summer pass is good for 3 days, but it is has a validation period that is MUCH more generous than regular tickets. General tickets (tickets purchased online, thru hotel reservations, bought at the ticket booths, etc.) are valid 13 days after first use, or until the expiration date given on the pass (tickets available at grocery stores, for example, are labeled as such), whichever is first..

You can upgrade your valid ticket to an AP as long as that ticket is still good (meaning, you can't try to upgrade after it has already expired). If on the very last day you use your ticket you turn it into an AP, you can do so. IMHO, the summer pass is kind of like buying up bonus days if you already have an AP - the summer is generally blocked out until Sept, so this way you can get in a few summer visits.

From the website:

TICKET BLOCKED OUT July 2, 2011 - July 4, 2011 and August 21, 2011 - August 22, 2011.

First use must occur on or before September 5, 2011. Tickets expire 45 days from first use or on October 19, 2011, whichever comes first.

Here's the link, if you want to read ALL the fine print and/or buy your tix:

https://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/Ti...QBwlKFyQ%3D%3D
      Wanna trade pins or power discs? PM me!

Comment

thanks for the info!

may just go with the summer pass and upgrade on the last day.

Comment

Unless you want to go on blockout days I would upgrade the first day becuase then you can take advantage of the dining/merch discount... In case you didn't know the AP will expire a year from the first day you used the original ticket... not a year from the day you upgrade.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X