Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change in FP/guest flow with Star Tours 2?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Change in FP/guest flow with Star Tours 2?

In the past, the typical commando tactic was to run to Space at rope drop, grab a FP and ride it, then head to Indy to ride that, then grab a FP to splash as soon as you could, before heading to thunder or matterhorn or some such. 3rd FP would be Indiana Jones, then over to DCA for a couple hours. You were pretty much set.

There were periods of time where this change slightly like when Nemo first opened. Send the bulk of the party into Nemo line while one ran to Space FP. Then ride Space after Nemo before Spash FP... you get the idea.

We'll ignore times like... what was it? Sept 2003? On that trip, Space was down for multi-year retrack, Matterhorn was down for multi-part rework/retrack. Mansion was down for HMH overlay install. Splash was down for refurb. Then the BTMRR crash. Pirates and Indy were down multiple times for cascade faults and such. Those were dark days indeed for DLR. Have a picture of the ride status board with all the e-tickets except Star Tours and Jungle Cruise saying either "closed today" or "closed, check back later". Ugh.

Where was I? Oh yeah...

With Star Tours 2 now open, I assume that is the new "must do multiple times". Being a FP attraction, it also likely alters the "run to first to get FP" attraction. Yes? No? Do people still mad dash to Space for first FP and a quick flight? Or is Star Tours the new "get FP first or it is an hour+ out and your whole FP plan is shot"?

Re: Change in FP/guest flow with Star Tours 2?

Multiple FP for Star Tours will be difficult due to how fast they run out. What has worked for me is...
    Get to park at the opening rope drop.
    At least one person goes for the FP for Star Tours. The rest of the party gets in standby line for Star Tours. Then the person who gets the FP meets up with party before they go inside the Star Tours building.
    After Star Tours, the party goes to Fantasyland for Peter Pan, Alice, Matterhorn etc... while one person gets the FP for Space Mtn.
    Then after you get FP for Space you meet up with group in Fantasyland
    Then it should go, Splash, Indy, Big Thunder, One more for Space
    This will equal to two rides on Star Tours

If your main goal is to only ride Star Tours... it should go
    Get to park at the opening rope drop.
    At least one person goes for the FP for Star Tours. The rest of the party gets in standby line for Star Tours. Then the person who gets the FP meets up with party before they go inside the Star Tours building.
    After Star Tours the party goes to standby line for Space Mountain while one person gets second FP for Star Tours
    You will now be able to experience Star Tours 3 times
    Party goes to Matterhorn and if possible you may be able to get a 3rd FP for Star Tours, but keep in mind that you will not be able to get a FP for anything else.
    So you will need to hit the major things like Splash, Indy and Big Thunder after Matterhorn

Comment

I usually run to Peter Pan first.

fwiw
      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

On Saturday the plan was "make a mad dash for Star Tours 2 FP line" at rope drop. Some folks got lockers and rented wheelchairs so we took their tickets, when we got to the FP line, the cast members actually said if you have a large group, they prefer that 1 or 2 people just bring the tickets and gather up FastPasses. It keeps the FP line moving faster. They also had CMs at each station to help.

Comment

Yeah FPs go FAST on ST 2. I was there on June 4th and did the Magic Morning Hour. I ran to it and was on it 16 mins later. FP didnt open until 8 but after I did SM I got to the FP line a little after 8:10 and THAT line was huge! It took 10-15 mins in the FP line alone and by the time I got my second one it was for 9:50. Ended up going to GCH where they allowed guest into DCA 30 mins early and did TLM. By the time I got back to DL, it was after 10 so I did ST again. AND there was still FPs, the return time was around 2ish, so I got one more!

I probably couldve gotten one more for the late evening, but I was drained and couldnt stay in the park to wait two hours to get another FP. So I went to my room and went to sleep.

But yes, in theory, with MMH and 3 FPs, I couldve done it 4 times. End up 3 times since I couldnt wait the two hours to get that 3rd FP.

So yes, you can get 2 FPs easily at rope drop and jump in the line at opening and thats 3 trips without a major line. AND if you want to do it and have the energy, you can do the midnight run as well. I did that once and it was around 40 mins. And oh yeah, the stand by times seem to be WILDLY off at this time, so even if it says 90 mins, which is the time it said I got in line, its probably less unless that line is a lot of switchbacks deep. I'm talking AFTER 11 only. I'm guessing if it says 2 hours at 5 p.m., then its probably 2 hours, give or take 10 mins.

Comment

I think most people are going to cram onto that ride as soon as possible. Me personally, I will probably grab a fast pass but then enjoy the park at my leisure. It's a vacation right? No sense in trying to plan out the best possible route to ride everything as efficiently as possible. Sure, some people might be visiting for a single day, but I usually will visit for several days so its a non-issue for myself. Why would anyone want to be stressed out? Enjoy yourselves and let the magic come to you.
            "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Comment

Yeah thats true, but some of us are just addicted to the chase!

And who knows, the OP might be going mainly for this ride, it was why I went anyway. So if thats the priority to do it as much as possible, nothing wrong with a plan.

Comment

I think it should on person at the FP machine - one ticket. The sending one person out with everyones pass/ticket to a FP machine (while friends save them a place in a queue) and scarfing up several at once should be severly monitored and dealt with harshly.

But then again we live in a country with no ethics, and value the "I got mine, now screw you" mantra. So what can you expect?

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
                  I will probably grab a fast pass but then enjoy the park at my leisure. It's a vacation right? No sense in trying to plan out the best possible route to ride everything as efficiently as possible.
                  Whoever gets in the most rides in a single day WINS!!!

When I go to Disneyland, EVERY day is a gumball rally!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X