X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jspider
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyland RR Guy
    Could it be possible that Space will reopen before we even know it?
    are you trying to mess with our heads RRGuy?

it would however be nice if it reopend before July 17th

the longer it's open before my next trip the better it will be because hopefully the line will be just a tiny bit shorter (still probably grab a FP for this first thing o_o)

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland RR Guy
    replied
    Could it be possible that Space will reopen before we even know it?

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied
    Originally posted by cfparkmanager
    Not true. Matterhorn was designed and built by Arrow Dynamics of Utah. It is the first tubular tracked steel roller coaster in the world. The layout is unique and not the same as Space Mountain in WDW.

Space Mountain in WDW was designed by WDI. The only similiarites are the trains and the fact that it is a dual tracked roller coaster, but even the trains are not that alike.

The start alone should clue you in to the fact that Matterhorn and Space Mountain MK are not the same layout.
    they have the same kind of track too

I think there are places were they can feel similar and I think it all depends on your deffinition of similar and your sensitivity to how things go on the track

they arn't the same layout though

Leave a comment:

• cfparkmanager
    replied
    Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
    Did you notice that you were actually riding the Matterhorn disguised as Space Mountain in Florida? I did. It felt like the same exact ride in the semi-dark.
    Not true. Matterhorn was designed and built by Arrow Dynamics of Utah. It is the first tubular tracked steel roller coaster in the world. The layout is unique and not the same as Space Mountain in WDW.

Space Mountain in WDW was designed by WDI. The only similiarites are the trains and the fact that it is a dual tracked roller coaster, but even the trains are not that alike.

The start alone should clue you in to the fact that Matterhorn and Space Mountain MK are not the same layout.

Leave a comment:

• cfparkmanager
    replied
    Originally posted by Theme Park One
    Only one rocket is being tested right now, but it's a step.

More likely August for the opening, there's still a ton of work to do
    and DOSH approvals are still pending.
    Space Mountain is not a new ride so the ride is already approved under California's amusement park laws. It must be inspected before it opens, but Disney does not have to file an application to get approval for this ride.

Only the first owner of each type, layout, design of a ride must file that application for approval. Since Space Mountain is a clone it is not necessary. If you piggy back a ride on an existing approval you're not required to seek approval since the ride is already approved for operation in the state. Similiar laws exist in NJ as well.

Leave a comment:

• cfparkmanager
    replied
    Originally posted by Wotan
    All the times moving up the relaunch date was looked at and deemed unfeasible, and now, they turn around and cut four months off the production schedule.

That's nuts.
    It is not nuts. Most new attractions are ready several months in advance of the actual opening date. Buzz Lightyear is basically done.

For several months on up to nearly a year Disney will continously test the ride system, tweak the overall experience, being "soft openings" and train cast members. Disney does far more testing, not necessarily for safety reasons than other theme parks. If a ride requires tweaks for safety after the fact then that is considered pretty serious. Disney's long period is really used to guarantee a smooth opening.

For Space Mountain you're simply cutting off the soft openings, cast member previews, and extended period where WDI can continue to work on the overall ride experience. It will not in any way jeopardize the safety of guests or make it more likely that there will be some sort of accident.

Leave a comment:

• cfparkmanager
    replied
    Originally posted by RabidAlienz
    There will DEFINITELY be a rocket launch similar to "California Screamin" added to the beginning.
    I hate to break the news to you, but you're wrong. There will be no excelerated launch.

Originally posted by RabidAlienz
    The track situation is highly disappointing, but the reason is that the foundation, which is many, many feet deep, would have to have been completely ripped out an dreplace to support the weight of a new track.
    Again, wrong. The foundation had nothing to do with the decision to use the same layout. The decision has more to do with the building and cost. It would've cost more to design a new ride layout. It is doubly hard to construct something new and better within the confines of a building designed for an existing ride. It's possible, but expensive and risky. Space Mountain is a proven concept and had a successful layout. Why risk building something new that might turn out to be a failure? Loops and other newer elements would increase height restrictions alienating younger guests and were not possible within the current footprint. If incorporated they would've reduced capacity and the length of the ride.

Leave a comment:

• cfparkmanager
    replied
    Originally posted by Dustysage
    I'm bumping your post because I'm so curious. I don't remember a different score. Does anyone out there have a copy of it or remember it?
    I've been a Space Mountain fanatic and I cannot recall another score being used while they had the sound systems installed on the rockets. I think he is confused. Possibly, I am wrong, but I really doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    anymore news now??

(like will the soundtrack from this attraction be included in the new 50th anniversary disk set comming out may 3rd?? Will it be beter than the one i have now.... whihc sounds like you are surfing in outerspace.....)

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland RR Guy
    replied
    Update : Well signage should be up by the end of the Month

Leave a comment:

• Mickey_D
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalDude
    I never understood threads like this, lol. You have different people saying all sorts of different things. I rather not get my hopes up for anything with this because of all these different and often opposing rumors going around.

All I know is I want to go on this ride. By the time we got our APs it was closed and I have not been on it since I was in my ealry teens (just over half my life). I want my kids to ride it for the first time. If it opens in Nov, great. If it opens in July, great. If it opens in May, great - just as long as it OPENS.

[/rant]
    Here, here! I hope folks out there don't get so wound up by the hype that the reality of it disappoints them.. Time will tell!

Leave a comment:

• MinionLumbo
    replied
    Originally posted by dsnylndmom
    All I know is I can't wait to ride it!!
    have i heard you say this before?

Leave a comment:

• SoCal
    replied
    I never understood threads like this, lol. You have different people saying all sorts of different things. I rather not get my hopes up for anything with this because of all these different and often opposing rumors going around.

All I know is I want to go on this ride. By the time we got our APs it was closed and I have not been on it since I was in my ealry teens (just over half my life). I want my kids to ride it for the first time. If it opens in Nov, great. If it opens in July, great. If it opens in May, great - just as long as it OPENS.

[/rant]

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland RR Guy
    replied
    I do have a camera, however I wont use it "for now"

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied
    Well sorry for the lateness.

Update for everyone is that more plug holes are now appearing more before the entrance.
    with all your news updates and everything I swear I ought to buy you a camera

of course I'm still going through withdrawl from the lack of daily photo updates

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland RR Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by mickeyslittlehelper
    Sorry but I dont understand? :confused: More electrical outlets? :monkey:

plug hols for the ropes for the queue

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    this is mostly a new track is i remember correctly.. same rout but new track.... (presurized i hear.. so it should be a good feel for 5+ years... i forget when the track on Vekoma's start to get rough.. or it may only be SF's Vekomas....)

Leave a comment:

• Toadie
    replied
    Just before the ride went down for good, I rember how the ride was starting to really getting "ruff", I hope they smoothed out the track and give us a ride to rember.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyslittlehelper
    replied
    more plug holes are now appearing more before the entrance.
    Sorry but I dont understand? :confused: More electrical outlets? :monkey:

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland RR Guy
    replied
    Well sorry for the lateness.

Update for everyone is that more plug holes are now appearing more before the entrance.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X