Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Space Mountain Version 2

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was talking to one of the construction workers he said it almost finish there are in test mode now. They are working on the punch list now

Comment

I wonder if they are going to still be going with the two different soundtracks (one for daytime and one for night)?

If they are, I was hoping that they might use the original Disneyland Space Mountain score for the daytime version (as opposed to the Dick Dale riff on Carnivale of the Animals that everyone has become familiar with).

Most people don't recall that there was a different track for one or two months before they started using the Dick Dale song. I really liked that one, too. Anyone remember that? Anyone know what track it was or who it was by?

Comment

I can't wait until the ride opens. I have waited patiently to ride this ride, but my patience is running out. I will try to hold out, but if Disneyland needs a test dummy, I am ready.
        It's kind of fun to do the impossible. -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by innerSpaceman
          I wonder if they are going to still be going with the two different soundtracks (one for daytime and one for night)?

If they are, I was hoping that they might use the original Disneyland Space Mountain score for the daytime version (as opposed to the Dick Dale riff on Carnivale of the Animals that everyone has become familiar with).

Most people don't recall that there was a different track for one or two months before they started using the Dick Dale song. I really liked that one, too. Anyone remember that? Anyone know what track it was or who it was by?

I'm bumping your post because I'm so curious. I don't remember a different score. Does anyone out there have a copy of it or remember it?
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
          Save

Comment

I had been going to DL for my whole life and I had never ridden it.
            (But I have ridden SM-WDW many times.) I really cant wait though either way.
            "To all who come to this happy place, welcome..."

Comment

Update: Rockets were running today. Loud sounds coming from the inside and sound great.

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

Originally posted by innerSpaceman
                Paris is getting an escape-the-exploding-supernova theme.
                Shame. The theme in the ride as it were was very strong and actually brought some sort of circumstance to Space Mtn, with a bit more story than what I hear of the others. Aside from the track getting more and more rough as Vekoma tracks do, the ride was supposedly quite a showcase for Imagineering with way more effects than "riding around in the dark."

I'm kind of sad to admit it, but I never went on Space in it's previous form despite all my visits. Since I don't see myself getting away from the west coast anytime soon, the 50th remake of Space will be the first time I actually see it, barring I chicken out again. I hope I do go this time, though. I'm planning our trip later in the year specifically so it'll be open by then.

Only thing I can really hope for: More vertical room in the track! Just looking at the lights-on pictures I've found online makes me want to duck so my head doesn't get cut off.

Comment

Get this baby open by July 17.. and i will be happy... (I want on ride!!!!)

It is soo much better than WDW's... though WDW's is the original and WDW's is designed to be the Matterhorn of WDW... hance 2 racks.. it is "based" on the concept.. not a duplicate.. i can tell that....

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland RR Guy
                    Update: Rockets were running today. Loud sounds coming from the inside and sound great.
                    Thanks for the information...

Any idea on how many rockets are currently being run at once?

Comment

Greetings, Just wanted to say I look forward to seeing the new Space Mountain. I will miss the old one. I am glad I was able to ride before the changes. My last ride on that was 1996

My pic for the opening is July 17th. Or my Birthady in June
                      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Tourist gone.

Though I really excitied to ride Space Mountain as soon as possible, I would rather wait untill September when the summer season is over and the BIG crowds are gone. Since I have a dex. pass, I willing to wait for Space Mountain untill the hot weather is gone and the tourist are done taking pictures. I somewhat feel this way since I'm only 30 mins. away.

Comment

As soon as I hear it opens, I am there!!
                          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Yesterday 10:23 PM
                            Mission Control Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Disneyland RR Guy

Thanks for the information...

Any idea on how many rockets are currently being run at once?

answer is at least 2

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

I heard today... expect awesome show elements!!!
                              'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

Comment

I truly agree that the DLR is not the same without space mountain, and without as many e-ticket tomorrowland rides. While New Orleans Square is packed with many more rides and attractions, it has to share manager resposibilities with critter country. Tomorrowland has all it's own managers, since it's such a large land, but still is lacking in rides. Bring Tomorrowland back up to the standards of the other lands.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X