X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-ticket
    replied
    I never did understand what the surf guitar and SM had in common. I don't mind music on an attraction, but at least make it something appropriate..... please no more Dick Dale!

I remember thinking when I first rode California Screamin that the music was appropriate on that ride, and it added to the ambience (IMHO, one of the few things done right at DCA). Whatever they do with the soundtrack for SM, I hope they go with a sound that matches the ride.

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Rose Red
    I wouldn't trust Jim Hill as far as I can throw him...
    I second that. I don't know why people take this guy seriously. He's just some guy that posts his ideas on his website. He lives in new hampshire for goodness sakes. not that living in new hampshire is bad...i just doubt that he travels to the parks that much to be any kind of authority on the subject.

But i digress,

i'd be excited if they change the music for SM. i know lots of people like the old music, but to me it just didn't seem futuristic or space travelly (not a word) at all. it made me feel like i was at the beach. i think it would be more neat for some heavy symphony style music, ala star wars.

Leave a comment:

• XCLIPSE129
    replied
    Question.. has the multiple music tracks been confirmed? The regular SM music during the day and a more up beat rock n roll tracks at night with more effects. Im not upset they didnt change the track. Im just glad theyre bring the queue and the loading area out of the 80's and some updating is being done to the "Space effect inside" The Music would be nice and something different. Disneyland RR anything on that and any photos of the inside? THanks

Leave a comment:

• keith - SuPeR K!
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyfreak
    Your joking right??? You loved the catpoo color??? :devil:
    i'm not a fan of gold really... silver is much more appealing to me... like in tomorrowland at the magic kingdom in florida... i have to say, the way the gold and stuff were lit at night- it looked really nice to me... and since i'm a big fan of the parks after dark, this was more important to me than the daytime catpoo... lol

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
    Hmmm. I don't mind the white exterior, considering that's how it was many moons ago. Though, I feel it may pale in comparrison to the bright metalic color scheme of the rest of Tomorrow Land. I'm sure they'll add some wonderful finishing touches to bring the Mt. back to its former glory.
    Your joking right??? You loved the catpoo color??? :devil:

Leave a comment:

• imagineer boy
    replied
    It won't be a Screamin Launch, but it will go up the lift using magnetic propulsion like Screamin does, just not as fast.

Leave a comment:

• Rose Red
    replied
    Originally posted by Skippy
    I thought it had been pretty well established that there will NOT be a Screamin-style launch in the new Space Mountain? That the layout of the track would have needed to be altered for that to work and we know for sure already that the track layout is the same?
    I wouldn't trust Jim Hill as far as I can throw him...

I heard the same thing that the screaming launch will not happen as the track would need to be changed.

Leave a comment:

• crinklebat
    replied
    Originally posted by splashmountainfreak
    I don't really care if the track is different or not, I just hope they got the soundtrack situation worked out. It always drove me crazy when the music wasn't playing because the ride was so much more exciting with it.
    I actually kind of started liking it without the music. It was like reading existential fiction. You're hurtling through space, you're scared to reach out your hands for fear they'll get sheared off, and all you hear is screaming, screaming, screaming...

Leave a comment:

• Skippy
    replied
    Originally posted by RabidAlienz
    There will DEFINITELY be a rocket launch similar to "California Screamin" added to the beginning.
    I thought it had been pretty well established that there will NOT be a Screamin-style launch in the new Space Mountain? That the layout of the track would have needed to be altered for that to work and we know for sure already that the track layout is the same?

Leave a comment:

• RabidAlienz
    replied
    There will DEFINITELY be a rocket launch similar to "California Screamin" added to the beginning. The track situation is highly disappointing, but the reason is that the foundation, which is many, many feet deep, would have to have been completely ripped out an dreplace to support the weight of a new track. They had 50 years to plan for this event and still failed to hit the mark. Quimet is furious with the old management for not planning ahead and only having parades and fireworks to offer us with no new "E" tickets. If he remains at Disney expect a few new "E"'s to grace DLR soon enough. Have you read about the new "Incredibles" ride at planned DCA? Should be awesome. See http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1270 for that news. Make sure you click the link in the artcle to see the ride in action. What the Imagineers will do with this technology will be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Cuzco-topia
    replied
    Hmmm. I don't mind the white exterior, considering that's how it was many moons ago. Though, I feel it may pale in comparrison to the bright metalic color scheme of the rest of Tomorrow Land. I'm sure they'll add some wonderful finishing touches to bring the Mt. back to its former glory.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    Most likely.. but i dont work for them.. their is a slight chance some last min dec will change something outside... But most likely that poster that showed the white MT while the ride was getting referbished for 2.5 years was correct......

(though they are making the entire queue line be inside now right??? Or at least it looked like it... So we dont see the 2nd story of starcade... or the roof of old mars building/resturaunt....)

Leave a comment:

• Cuzco-topia
    replied
    So, does that mean what we see now is what we're going to get?

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    Those are new "Space Mt" white pannels are remaining white.... They were placed down to make the roof fixed.... and i doubt they would paint on them.....

Leave a comment:

• Cuzco-topia
    replied
    Does anyone know if they're keeping the mountain white again? Or, is it just the primer for some new color scheme?

Leave a comment:

• Bubba
    replied
    I just got back from a two week trip to WDW. While there I took a tour of Central Services. I just about fell over when we entered the assembly corridor and discovered the cars for the new Space Mountain. The guide said that when they were ready the cars would be shipped to Disney Land. At the end of the hall two of the cars were almost finished and I immediately noticed something different. Built into the cars were two speakers for each rider. I guess this means a very improved sound system.

Leave a comment:

• Scribby
    replied
    Sorry TStar05, I guess I misunderstood someone's post from about four pages ago. Relax, people make mistakes. The gist of what my previous posts were trying to convey was the frustration that we might be getting essentially the same ride after two years of reconstruction. Just like how you say that they've "improved it", I've made some assumptions too.

Leave a comment:

• TStar05
    replied
    Originally posted by Scribby
    Sources on this site say that it's the exact same track. No removal, no replacement. So apparently, it's taken two years to not do anything to the track. Hopefully, the sources are mistaken and we are in for an all new ride.

Can we please read everything before responding? They dismantled the old track and replaced it. They haven't just improved it, they REBUILT it.

Leave a comment:

• Scribby
    replied
    Sources on this site say that it's the exact same track. No removal, no replacement. So apparently, it's taken two years to not do anything to the track. Hopefully, the sources are mistaken and we are in for an all new ride.

Leave a comment:

• jaybee
    replied
    Originally posted by MiceMan
    I have to agree with others, why has the ride been closed for like 5 years just so that the track could be replaced? Most NEW roller coasters are built in a matter of months so I just don't get it.
    It's not quite that simple. It hasn't been 5 years, more like 2 years. They obviously shut it down before they were ready to start work. The early shut down contributed to the delay because it did sit idle for a few months. I don't think they had demo crews lined up to start work right away. Next, this wasn't a brand new coaster being installed in an open parking lot. It was an old coaster that had to be dismantled and removed through a small opening in a building. Not only is it hard to get things out, but even harder to get a crane inside to speed up the demolition. It's like trying to dismantle a truck in your bedroom and cart it out piece by piece.
    Once everything was removed, they had to dig down for the new cement footings for the track support base. Then they had to build the track using the same opening. As any contruction worker will tell you, it's much easier to build a house from scratch then it is to completely re-model one.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X