Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

Space Mountain Version 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The earliest will probably be July.

Comment

Oh! Gia - - I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that some miracle will occur to help it open in time for you.

I just hope nothing pushes it back, I am going in July and it's tradition to ride it first. And my poor husband has never been!
      boo

Comment

Update: A Tent has now appeared over by the Fastpass area

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

Thanks, Rose Red. Maybe we'll get to do the soft opening, if it really opens in July....
          :o

Comment

Too bad its so late...

I have family coming in from 2 different states the last week in June, and we're doing a reunion-type thing at Disneyland.. I'm an annual passholder, and live here in OC, so the date of opening doesn't bother me too much, but we thought the official date was May, and made plans accordingly. To wait until even Mid-July to open the thing is just silly. I'd think they'd want it up beginning of summer...

As for the design, Paris Disneyland takes the cake for the greatest looking/riding of the 3 I've experienced (Paris, Disneyland, MK), and I'm quite bothered that they're changing it already. The theme and feel of that one was amazing. The Jules Verne influences were fantastic, and the ride was great. It was more intense than any other Disney ride I've been on. It was a masterpiece, and why they're changing it is beyond me.

And on a totally off-subject interjection, Does anyone else think the dragon onder the castle in Paris is one of the coolest things in any Disney park? I was in that cave for some 40-odd minutes just watching, amazed with how cool our park isn't, in some ways...
            Honor those who fall under the sword.
            But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
              And on a totally off-subject interjection, Does anyone else think the dragon onder the castle in Paris is one of the coolest things in any Disney park? I was in that cave for some 40-odd minutes just watching, amazed with how cool our park isn't, in some ways...
              I totally agree both about the dragon AND Space Mountain. I'm completely floored that they would change such a perfect ride. In fact, I'd be thrilled if we had gotten that version of Space Mountain at Disneyland, Ca.

The "Art Nemo" Jules Vern look of DLP is spectacular. With the change of Space and Buzz, I'm not sure what will happen to the theme.

That theme would work great at Disneyland, Ca. But it would have to be applied to the entire land to be consistant.
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
              Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage

The "Art Nemo" Jules Vern look of DLP is spectacular. With the change of Space and Buzz, I'm not sure what will happen to the theme.

That theme would work great at Disneyland, Ca. But it would have to be applied to the entire land to be consistant.

It would sure beat the heck out of the rustic look DL has now. Everything just looks so old and used up there, and the addition of buzz makes it look bad because of the bad color mix. If it had neutral colors that would go with anything it would be great!
                Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
                Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

You should see Tokyo Disney's Tomorrowland. It is REALLY sad.
                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Save

Comment

The whole Tomorrowland does need a revamp... I've never seen a placeget an entirely new coat of white paint and still look so run-down. Think about it - if Walt were alive today, don't you think he'd be wanting to change things, make them as spectacular and up-to-date as possible? Of course! He always pushed the envelope of technology. That's what I loved so much about the Paris SM. It was so retro, but done with such up-to date technology that you almost believed the space cannon would work! We need to not be afraid to update the classics. If we want Disneland to keep drwning crowds 30 or 50 years from now, we HAVE to!
                    Honor those who fall under the sword.
                    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

I've heard it will re-open in May. I hope it does.

And they'd better not get rid of the cookie!!! Keep the "space cookie"!!!
                      disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

I'd be thrilled if we had gotten that version of Space Mountain at Disneyland, Ca.
                        Ya know, we could make a darn good Tomorrowland with the cast-off attractions from other Disney parks. We could take Paris' discarded Space Mountain, give it back its real name "Discovery Mountain" so that we could have both ours and theirs. Trust me, they're so different that duplication would not be a problem.

Then build Horizons, so foolishly thrown away by Epcot, and voila - instant fantabulous Tomorrowland!

Comment

Originally posted by innerSpaceman
                          Ya know, we could make a darn good Tomorrowland with the cast-off attractions from other Disney parks. We could take Paris' discarded Space Mountain, give it back its real name "Discovery Mountain" so that we could have both ours and theirs. Trust me, they're so different that duplication would not be a problem.

Then build Horizons, so foolishly thrown away by Epcot, and voila - instant fantabulous Tomorrowland!
                          That is actually a very good idea. They don't even need to build the Horizons building. Just use the Starcade space (both upstairs and down. and the space over the Startrader.

Then they Could give us our own version of Mission Space, but using the Star Tours simulators instead of building the puke-mobiles that they have at Epcot.

Save

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me, iSm!!!!!
                            Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
                            Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

The new Space Mountain at Paris maintains the Verne theme. It's an evolution of the story where the guinea pig experiements of the first Space Mountain went so well that they've altered the cannon's trajectory into deep space, which is reflected in the new cannon launch.

So it's not really an un-Verne story, it's simply a continuation of From The Earth To The Moon that was never written and, like the theme park version of a direct to video sequel, probably didn't need to be. We'll see, I have hope since I thought the ride was gorgeous just to study and look at through pictures.

Buzz... I don't know how they'll pull that off. My opinion is that the Studios need it more, and it'd fit in there.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
                                The new Space Mountain at Paris maintains the Verne theme. It's an evolution of the story where the guinea pig experiements of the first Space Mountain went so well that they've altered the cannon's trajectory into deep space, which is reflected in the new cannon launch.

So it's not really an un-Verne story, it's simply a continuation of From The Earth To The Moon that was never written and, like the theme park version of a direct to video sequel, probably didn't need to be. We'll see, I have hope since I thought the ride was gorgeous just to study and look at through pictures.
                                I am SO happy to hear that. The logo on the web site looks anything but Vern-esque.

Save

Comment

Update: so far everything is quite for now

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

Update: OK station has NOT changed from the old version(still the same old outer part). The only big change is that the big rocket in the middle is new and a new paint job to go with it.

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

I don't know maybe I am just missing the signifigance of it all But what was the point of closing it down for so long to have the track and the station be the same as before...

Oh well - I just can't wait to go on it again...
                                      boo

Comment

Looking at the Space Mountain signage, I wonder if they are pondering a name change; possibly the "Los Angeles Space Mountain of Anaheim"...
                                        "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

• So everyone, what do you think of the changes of space so far?

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

Working...
                                          X