X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiceMan
    replied
    I have to agree with others, why has the ride been closed for like 5 years just so that the track could be replaced? Most NEW roller coasters are built in a matter of months so I just don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland RR Guy
    replied
    Update: all is quite today

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    fed ex is still sponsoring the attraction.... I thought they pulled out of both... (and they removed WDW's moniters.. making the queue long and boring aafter a while..)

Disney needs a new video and have it on the Space Mts of america...

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland RR Guy
    replied
    I didn't see the FedEX robot, but we wil find out when it opens.

Leave a comment:

• BigDaddyKyle
    replied
    LOL Scribby, are you serious?????

Leave a comment:

• Scribby
    replied
    Maybe it took two years to find more ex-Saved By The Bell cast members to star in the new pre-ride video. I can't wait to see Lark Voorhies in a Fed-Ex outfit explaining how to pull down the lap bar.

Leave a comment:

• Orcatime
    replied
    "Corporate thinking"??

Originally posted by Disneyland RR Guy
    Update: OK station has NOT changed from the old version(still the same old outer part). The only big change is that the big rocket in the middle is new and a new paint job to go with it.
    Ok, if there were NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES, why the ....."heck" was it closed down so damn long??

Leave a comment:

• Stumpy_the_8th_Dwarf
    replied
    But please, oh please, tell me they didn't take out the FedEx scanner robot. I don't know what I'd do without him.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    I Want to know.. July 17.. open Yes or no???

(I ridden it back in 98... It was a fun attraction....though i waited longer for it than matterhorn... I cannot wait for it.. if it opens when i am there fron july 16-18 or 19......

(I can remember it was fun.. though i missed the cookie..)

Leave a comment:

• VWSpawn
    replied
    I always loved space mountain, I cant wait to ride it when it opens again.

Leave a comment:

• DFD Jim
    replied
    I recently walked through the queue and launch platform area. Lots of fresh paint, some new style load gates and the same huge space ship hanging over the launch area. I will try to get in the main ride area this week.
    Last edited by DFD Jim; 01-22-2005, 10:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AaronInCal
    replied
    What changes? Most people here have not seen anything yet except the outside of the mountain go back to white, which is great! Also the spire the sign was on returned in a slightly new location, all white as well.. For me, I'd like to wait till I actually see it for myself.. There are so many people out there saying they have seen inside and what is being changed, but seems like everyone sees something different. So I just want to wait until I see it myself.. No offense to anyone.. Just my own opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland RR Guy
    replied
    So everyone, what do you think of the changes of space so far?

Leave a comment:

• Brer Bear
    replied
    Looking at the Space Mountain signage, I wonder if they are pondering a name change; possibly the "Los Angeles Space Mountain of Anaheim"...

Leave a comment:

• Rose Red
    replied
    I don't know maybe I am just missing the signifigance of it all But what was the point of closing it down for so long to have the track and the station be the same as before...

Oh well - I just can't wait to go on it again...

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland RR Guy
    replied
    Update: OK station has NOT changed from the old version(still the same old outer part). The only big change is that the big rocket in the middle is new and a new paint job to go with it.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland RR Guy
    replied
    Update: so far everything is quite for now

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied
    Originally posted by MickeyMania
    The new Space Mountain at Paris maintains the Verne theme. It's an evolution of the story where the guinea pig experiements of the first Space Mountain went so well that they've altered the cannon's trajectory into deep space, which is reflected in the new cannon launch.

So it's not really an un-Verne story, it's simply a continuation of From The Earth To The Moon that was never written and, like the theme park version of a direct to video sequel, probably didn't need to be. We'll see, I have hope since I thought the ride was gorgeous just to study and look at through pictures.
    I am SO happy to hear that. The logo on the web site looks anything but Vern-esque.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied
    Originally posted by Dustysage
    The "Art Nemo" Jules Vern look of DLP is spectacular. With the change of Space and Buzz, I'm not sure what will happen to the theme.
    The new Space Mountain at Paris maintains the Verne theme. It's an evolution of the story where the guinea pig experiements of the first Space Mountain went so well that they've altered the cannon's trajectory into deep space, which is reflected in the new cannon launch.

So it's not really an un-Verne story, it's simply a continuation of From The Earth To The Moon that was never written and, like the theme park version of a direct to video sequel, probably didn't need to be. We'll see, I have hope since I thought the ride was gorgeous just to study and look at through pictures.

Buzz... I don't know how they'll pull that off. My opinion is that the Studios need it more, and it'd fit in there.

Leave a comment:

• BigDaddyKyle
    replied
    Sounds like a plan to me, iSm!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X