Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What changes? Most people here have not seen anything yet except the outside of the mountain go back to white, which is great! Also the spire the sign was on returned in a slightly new location, all white as well.. For me, I'd like to wait till I actually see it for myself.. There are so many people out there saying they have seen inside and what is being changed, but seems like everyone sees something different. So I just want to wait until I see it myself.. No offense to anyone.. Just my own opinion.

Comment

• I recently walked through the queue and launch platform area. Lots of fresh paint, some new style load gates and the same huge space ship hanging over the launch area. I will try to get in the main ride area this week.
      Last edited by DFD Jim; 01-22-2005, 10:00 PM.
      Protecting the Magic

Comment

• I always loved space mountain, I cant wait to ride it when it opens again.

Comment

• I Want to know.. July 17.. open Yes or no???

(I ridden it back in 98... It was a fun attraction....though i waited longer for it than matterhorn... I cannot wait for it.. if it opens when i am there fron july 16-18 or 19......

(I can remember it was fun.. though i missed the cookie..)

Comment

• But please, oh please, tell me they didn't take out the FedEx scanner robot. I don't know what I'd do without him.
            When 7 just isn't enuff

Cheers! :monkey:

Comment

• "Corporate thinking"??

Originally posted by Disneyland RR Guy
              Update: OK station has NOT changed from the old version(still the same old outer part). The only big change is that the big rocket in the middle is new and a new paint job to go with it.
              Ok, if there were NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES, why the ....."heck" was it closed down so damn long??
              Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

• Maybe it took two years to find more ex-Saved By The Bell cast members to star in the new pre-ride video. I can't wait to see Lark Voorhies in a Fed-Ex outfit explaining how to pull down the lap bar.

Comment

• LOL Scribby, are you serious?????
                  Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
                  Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

• I didn't see the FedEX robot, but we wil find out when it opens.

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

• fed ex is still sponsoring the attraction.... I thought they pulled out of both... (and they removed WDW's moniters.. making the queue long and boring aafter a while..)

Disney needs a new video and have it on the Space Mts of america...

Comment

• Update: all is quite today

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

• I have to agree with others, why has the ride been closed for like 5 years just so that the track could be replaced? Most NEW roller coasters are built in a matter of months so I just don't get it.
                          Originally posted by drunkmom
                          this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

• Originally posted by MiceMan
                            I have to agree with others, why has the ride been closed for like 5 years just so that the track could be replaced? Most NEW roller coasters are built in a matter of months so I just don't get it.
                            It's not quite that simple. It hasn't been 5 years, more like 2 years. They obviously shut it down before they were ready to start work. The early shut down contributed to the delay because it did sit idle for a few months. I don't think they had demo crews lined up to start work right away. Next, this wasn't a brand new coaster being installed in an open parking lot. It was an old coaster that had to be dismantled and removed through a small opening in a building. Not only is it hard to get things out, but even harder to get a crane inside to speed up the demolition. It's like trying to dismantle a truck in your bedroom and cart it out piece by piece.
                            Once everything was removed, they had to dig down for the new cement footings for the track support base. Then they had to build the track using the same opening. As any contruction worker will tell you, it's much easier to build a house from scratch then it is to completely re-model one.

Comment

• Sources on this site say that it's the exact same track. No removal, no replacement. So apparently, it's taken two years to not do anything to the track. Hopefully, the sources are mistaken and we are in for an all new ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scribby
                                Sources on this site say that it's the exact same track. No removal, no replacement. So apparently, it's taken two years to not do anything to the track. Hopefully, the sources are mistaken and we are in for an all new ride.

Can we please read everything before responding? They dismantled the old track and replaced it. They haven't just improved it, they REBUILT it.
                                How to control someone to be a carbon copy of you. How to have that not work and have them run away from you.

Comment

• Sorry TStar05, I guess I misunderstood someone's post from about four pages ago. Relax, people make mistakes. The gist of what my previous posts were trying to convey was the frustration that we might be getting essentially the same ride after two years of reconstruction. Just like how you say that they've "improved it", I've made some assumptions too.

Comment

• I just got back from a two week trip to WDW. While there I took a tour of Central Services. I just about fell over when we entered the assembly corridor and discovered the cars for the new Space Mountain. The guide said that when they were ready the cars would be shipped to Disney Land. At the end of the hall two of the cars were almost finished and I immediately noticed something different. Built into the cars were two speakers for each rider. I guess this means a very improved sound system.

Comment

• Does anyone know if they're keeping the mountain white again? Or, is it just the primer for some new color scheme?
                                      Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                                      Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                                      Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                                      Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                                      Marge: Pink.
                                      Homer: D'oh!
                                      Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

• Those are new "Space Mt" white pannels are remaining white.... They were placed down to make the roof fixed.... and i doubt they would paint on them.....

Comment

• So, does that mean what we see now is what we're going to get?
                                          Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                                          Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                                          Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                                          Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                                          Marge: Pink.
                                          Homer: D'oh!
                                          Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X