Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most likely.. but i dont work for them.. their is a slight chance some last min dec will change something outside... But most likely that poster that showed the white MT while the ride was getting referbished for 2.5 years was correct......

(though they are making the entire queue line be inside now right??? Or at least it looked like it... So we dont see the 2nd story of starcade... or the roof of old mars building/resturaunt....)

Comment

• Hmmm. I don't mind the white exterior, considering that's how it was many moons ago. Though, I feel it may pale in comparrison to the bright metalic color scheme of the rest of Tomorrow Land. I'm sure they'll add some wonderful finishing touches to bring the Mt. back to its former glory.
      Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
      Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
      Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
      Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
      Marge: Pink.
      Homer: D'oh!
      Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

• There will DEFINITELY be a rocket launch similar to "California Screamin" added to the beginning. The track situation is highly disappointing, but the reason is that the foundation, which is many, many feet deep, would have to have been completely ripped out an dreplace to support the weight of a new track. They had 50 years to plan for this event and still failed to hit the mark. Quimet is furious with the old management for not planning ahead and only having parades and fireworks to offer us with no new "E" tickets. If he remains at Disney expect a few new "E"'s to grace DLR soon enough. Have you read about the new "Incredibles" ride at planned DCA? Should be awesome. See http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1270 for that news. Make sure you click the link in the artcle to see the ride in action. What the Imagineers will do with this technology will be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by RabidAlienz
          There will DEFINITELY be a rocket launch similar to "California Screamin" added to the beginning.
          I thought it had been pretty well established that there will NOT be a Screamin-style launch in the new Space Mountain? That the layout of the track would have needed to be altered for that to work and we know for sure already that the track layout is the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by splashmountainfreak
            I don't really care if the track is different or not, I just hope they got the soundtrack situation worked out. It always drove me crazy when the music wasn't playing because the ride was so much more exciting with it.
            I actually kind of started liking it without the music. It was like reading existential fiction. You're hurtling through space, you're scared to reach out your hands for fear they'll get sheared off, and all you hear is screaming, screaming, screaming...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skippy
              I thought it had been pretty well established that there will NOT be a Screamin-style launch in the new Space Mountain? That the layout of the track would have needed to be altered for that to work and we know for sure already that the track layout is the same?
              I wouldn't trust Jim Hill as far as I can throw him...

I heard the same thing that the screaming launch will not happen as the track would need to be changed.
              boo

Comment

• It won't be a Screamin Launch, but it will go up the lift using magnetic propulsion like Screamin does, just not as fast.
                Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
                  Hmmm. I don't mind the white exterior, considering that's how it was many moons ago. Though, I feel it may pale in comparrison to the bright metalic color scheme of the rest of Tomorrow Land. I'm sure they'll add some wonderful finishing touches to bring the Mt. back to its former glory.
                  Your joking right??? You loved the catpoo color??? :devil:

Comment

• Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                    Your joking right??? You loved the catpoo color??? :devil:
                    i'm not a fan of gold really... silver is much more appealing to me... like in tomorrowland at the magic kingdom in florida... i have to say, the way the gold and stuff were lit at night- it looked really nice to me... and since i'm a big fan of the parks after dark, this was more important to me than the daytime catpoo... lol
                    My Roadtrip Photos

Comment

• Question.. has the multiple music tracks been confirmed? The regular SM music during the day and a more up beat rock n roll tracks at night with more effects. Im not upset they didnt change the track. Im just glad theyre bring the queue and the loading area out of the 80's and some updating is being done to the "Space effect inside" The Music would be nice and something different. Disneyland RR anything on that and any photos of the inside? THanks
                      We rock the party that rocks the party!
                      We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Red
                        I wouldn't trust Jim Hill as far as I can throw him...
                        I second that. I don't know why people take this guy seriously. He's just some guy that posts his ideas on his website. He lives in new hampshire for goodness sakes. not that living in new hampshire is bad...i just doubt that he travels to the parks that much to be any kind of authority on the subject.

But i digress,

i'd be excited if they change the music for SM. i know lots of people like the old music, but to me it just didn't seem futuristic or space travelly (not a word) at all. it made me feel like i was at the beach. i think it would be more neat for some heavy symphony style music, ala star wars.

Comment

• I never did understand what the surf guitar and SM had in common. I don't mind music on an attraction, but at least make it something appropriate..... please no more Dick Dale!

I remember thinking when I first rode California Screamin that the music was appropriate on that ride, and it added to the ambience (IMHO, one of the few things done right at DCA). Whatever they do with the soundtrack for SM, I hope they go with a sound that matches the ride.
                          "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

• I didn't mind the music, the few times it was working when I rode. But a better and stronger John-Williams-type piece would be so cool!
                            www.deliciousmayhem.net
                            www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

• Originally posted by swagdaddy
                              I didn't mind the music, the few times it was working when I rode. But a better and stronger John-Williams-type piece would be so cool!
                              A Williams piece would be wonderful! I absolutely adore his musical talent..best composer of the 21st century I say. Look at Indy or Star Tours and how the music pulls you right into the adventure. I simply idolize and bow down the man.
                              Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                              Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

Comment

A Williams piece would be wonderful! I absolutely adore his musical talent..best composer of the 21st century I say. Look at Indy or Star Tours and how the music pulls you right into the adventure. I simply idolize and bow down the man.
                                Danny Elfman would probably be a good choice too. I'm just hoping it's not generic techno.
                                "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmith157
                                  Danny Elfman would probably be a good choice too. I'm just hoping it's not generic techno.
                                  Elman is alright, but he has a little dark quality to scores...not sure if it's right for DL, in my opinion.

Comment

Elman is alright, but he has a little dark quality to scores...not sure if it's right for DL, in my opinion.
                                    Back to the Future has a pretty light, but adventurous score.
                                    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmith157
                                      Back to the Future has a pretty light, but adventurous score.
                                      True, it does. I don't know, I suppose it's a personal opinion that I feel Williams can evoke the most emotion overall...kinda hits your inner being so to speak.

Comment

• You could hear danny elfman's score to charlie and the chocolote Factory on it.. LOL

"willie wionka....willie wionka......." It would be worse than IASW... LOL

(Though danny elfman is a good choice for this... the day time is a dark and mysterious...)

Comment

• The real SM 2

Let me dispel a few incorrect ideas and/or rumors.
                                          1. The lifts are the same types of lifts as the original. In fact the largest of the lifts (lift B) is the same EXACT lift. This is one of the few pieces of original track remaining. The replaced track uses new technologies to make a stronger and smoother ride. The new track has a "dampening" feature that eliminates vibration and therefore give the rider a smoother ride.
                                          2. The new Space Mountain in essence is the same ride layout. There are a few minor changes to accommodate the adjustments that needed to be made for structural reasons (e.g. lower drops in the lowest parts of the ride prior to the exit tunnel) but all-in-all the same layout.
                                          3. The "multiple tracks" theory is just that. The ride has always, and will continue to turn to the right out of the load/unload area. The track that turns to the left is a short track into a maintenance bay. Now the load/unload area will have a new feature. A moving "special needs" track segment that will allow for the boarding of slower passengers while the normal ride departures continue in a "bypass" manner.

I hope this helps

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X