Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

    With the new Muppet movie coming out, will DCA be doing anything for the new film?

    I was hoping that Disney might do something in the Muppet Vision 3-D theatre like they did for TRON: Legacy. It's not looking that way now since ElecTRONica has now been extended through Spring 2012 and the Muppet movie debuts on Thanksgiving Day.

    The Muppets have a presence in the Parks since they have their own attraction, a whole merchandise location and were the "spokespeople" behind the company's "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day". The campaign featured the characters on more merchandise, commercials with "Desperate Housewives" stars and on Park buttons given to guests who partook in the program last year. Miss Piggy and Kermit were even with me on a parade float in the "Disney's Honorary VoluntEARs Cavalcade" at Disneyland Park.

    So with all of the work Disney is doing to put the Muppets into the Parks: Do you think any special events or festivities will happen at the Disneyland Resort in honor of "The Muppets" when it comes out this November?

    I would hope so since Kermit was at Disneyland for "POTC: On Stranger Tides" premier, interviewing celebrities on the "black carpet". Not to mention all of the work Disney is putting in on the movie's trailers, editing them to spoof movies like "The Hangover", "The Green Lantern" and romantic comedies.

    Please let there be something coming to the Parks!
    (If you haven't noticed by now, I am a BIG Muppets fan)

  • #2
    Re: Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

    which trailer spoofed the hangover
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

      Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
      which trailer spoofed the hangover
      _____________________________________
      Brian Kolm the Atomic Bear - comics, cartoons, artwork and instruction.
      http://www.atomicbearpress.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

        Originally posted by wannabejack View Post
        With the new Muppet movie coming out, will DCA be doing anything for the new film?

        I was hoping that Disney might do something in the Muppet Vision 3-D theatre like they did for TRON: Legacy. It's not looking that way now since ElecTRONica has now been extended through Spring 2012 and the Muppet movie debuts on Thanksgiving Day.

        The Muppets have a presence in the Parks since they have their own attraction, a whole merchandise location and were the "spokespeople" behind the company's "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day". The campaign featured the characters on more merchandise, commercials with "Desperate Housewives" stars and on Park buttons given to guests who partook in the program last year. Miss Piggy and Kermit were even with me on a parade float in the "Disney's Honorary VoluntEARs Cavalcade" at Disneyland Park.

        So with all of the work Disney is doing to put the Muppets into the Parks: Do you think any special events or festivities will happen at the Disneyland Resort in honor of "The Muppets" when it comes out this November?

        I would hope so since Kermit was at Disneyland for "POTC: On Stranger Tides" premier, interviewing celebrities on the "black carpet". Not to mention all of the work Disney is putting in on the movie's trailers, editing them to spoof movies like "The Hangover", "The Green Lantern" and romantic comedies.

        Please let there be something coming to the Parks!
        (If you haven't noticed by now, I am a BIG Muppets fan)
        I hope there is something coming to the parks too, if even just an overlay of a show like World of Color.

        There were rumor at the last D23 Expo of changes coming to Muppet Vision and new entertainment, nothing has happen but maybe they will surprise us.
        _____________________________________
        Brian Kolm the Atomic Bear - comics, cartoons, artwork and instruction.
        http://www.atomicbearpress.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

          Rumor was a new Pre show was going to be added this Fall to our version and the one in WDW lets hope thats true....maybe they'll add some posters around Hollywood land too...heck maybe even have a meet and greet
          Happy Halloween!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

            Adding to as the Encore to WoC would be a welcome addition, IMO.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

              anything would be great. I always say MORE MUPPETS please.
              To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

                I agree!!! Anything would be great!!! I'm totally looking forward to this movie. Hoping it's as zany, over stuffed with cheesy one-liners, and full of celebrity cameos as the Muppet Movies used to be.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

                  At the very least, we know it's not in Swedish since they promised.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

                    I was hoping that Disney might do something in the Muppet Vision 3-D theatre like they did for TRON: Legacy. It's not looking that way now since ElecTRONica has now been extended through Spring 2012 and the Muppet movie debuts on Thanksgiving Day.

                    Not neccesarily. Remember, ElecTRONica is a nighttime event. They could also run an extended previews for "The Muppets" in the same theatre during the day.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

                      Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post
                      Not neccesarily. Remember, ElecTRONica is a nighttime event. They could also run an extended previews for "The Muppets" in the same theatre during the day.
                      I thought the same thing too, I highly doubt Disney will do that though. The ElecTRONica preview works since it's at night and they are able to get in many showings of "Muppet Vision 3-D" during the day. If a preview for the movie replaces the attraction during the day, guests may become disappointed since they can't enjoy the "regular" attraction.

                      The only way I see them doing that is if they combine a preview with the programed show. Depending on the preview, it just may be too long of a running time so that may not happen either...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Will DCA "Play the Music & Light the Lights" for the New Muppets Movie?

                        Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                        Rumor was a new Pre show was going to be added this Fall to our version and the one in WDW
                        Do you mean a new pre-show that plays on the trios of screens before the actual "Muppet Vision 3-D" show?

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X