X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] PEOPLE MOVER-- Bring it back!!

http://www.posters57.com/images/cate...lemover(1).jpg
    http://www.norcalblogs.com/bored/PeopleMover.jpg
    The People Mover was a treasured part of many peoples' hearts and was a great way to kick back and relax in Tomorrowland before they closed it. The People Mover tied all of Tomorrowland together and brought so much vitality to the place. Orlando still has it, along with the Carousel of Progress. Please join the movement to bring the People Mover back by "liking" the Facebook page below:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-the-People-Mover-back-to-Disney-Land/334387117905

Thanks!
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 06-29-2011, 08:09 AM. Reason: Hotlinked images, against site rules

Re: PEOPLE MOVER-- Bring it back!!

I agree with you. I want it back too. Unfortunately, I don't think very much people want it back.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
      Unfortunately, I don't think very much people want it back.
      I disagree DisneyTwins! I think many people want it back... it's just that the logistics of bringing it back (e.g. new building and safety regulations) prevent TDA from doing so without a major Tomorrowland renovation.

Comment

They can't. Cal/OSHA which regulates aerial trams and amusement rides won't let them. There are issues with the track and vehicles.

Comment

George Kalogridis said that it cannot come back as it was. They are working on new ideas, but don't expect anything close to what we had.

I miss it, too, btw.

Comment

they already have all the opening closed off and filled in. just like in the star tours queue and giftshop. it's very unlikely. though I really enjoyed it at wdw. nice place to relax and enjoyable by everyone.

Comment

I personally dont miss it. I went on it once when I was little, did not like it.
              http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

Comment

Can we bring back the Stagecoach, the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland, Pack Mules, Skyway, Carousel of Progress, Mike Fink Keel Boats, Swiss Family Treehouse, Motorboat Cruise, Midget Autopia, Fantasyland Autopia & America the Beautiful while we are at it?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremys View Post
                  Can we bring back the Stagecoach, the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland, Pack Mules, Skyway, Carousel of Progress, Mike Fink Keel Boats, Swiss Family Treehouse, Motorboat Cruise, Midget Autopia, Fantasyland Autopia & America the Beautiful while we are at it?
                  Now you're talking!

Comment

I miss it too, but I have a feeling we've all romanticized how it actually was.

I similarly really wish I could ride the ol' Wacky Soap Box Derby Racers at Knotts, but I bet if I did ride it again it wouldn't be nearly as cool as I remember it.
                    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

I'm afraid if they do come back They will come back with Alice in Wonderland Guard Rails.

Comment

Seriously people let's look to the future. The PeopleMover was fun while it lasted, but it should rest in yesterland.

Comment

i haft to agree i relly wont to wdi to bring it back to disneyland where it belogs they need work on it and bring back

---------- Post added 06-20-2011 at 08:39 PM ----------

Originally posted by jeremys View Post
                          yes tollty agree mabey disney should make the thired look licke the old disneyland and they could yesterland
                          I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattšoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post

I similarly really wish I could ride the ol' Wacky Soap Box Derby Racers at Knotts, but I bet if I did ride it again it wouldn't be nearly as cool as I remember it.
                            Originally posted by JM Disneyland View Post
                            I'm afraid if they do come back They will come back with Alice in Wonderland Guard Rails.
                            Originally posted by mcstewart37 View Post
                            Seriously people let's look to the future. The PeopleMover was fun while it lasted, but it should rest in yesterland.
                            'nuff said!
                            The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post

shut the front door! I ever so VAGUELY remembering riding them with my dad when I was a kid! I kinda want to ride it again to really see what it was like... but it seemed so cool in memory I would hate for it to actually be not as fun as in my memories....

and I want the people mover back too .... but its not logical. It's fun when you're hot and tired and like to people watch... but most people want an e ticket now...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X