Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

    I read on another Disney fan board that Space Mountain will be opening late and closing early on certain dates due to maintence. Below is the info from the site:

    "Starting July 10, Space Mountain will open late on Mondays and Wednesdays, and close early on Sundays and Tuesdays due to scheduled maintenance:

    Late openings (10am) - July 11, 13, 18, 20, 25 & 27
    Early closing (10pm) - July 10, 12, 17, 19, 24 & 26 "

    If your visiting during these dates, make note of this.


    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  • #2
    Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

    Hhmm alright, thanks for the heads up. I might be going again later this month
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

      Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
      I read on another Disney fan board that Space Mountain will be opening late and closing early on certain dates due to maintence. Below is the info from the site:

      "Starting July 10, Space Mountain will open late on Mondays and Wednesdays, and close early on Sundays and Tuesdays due to scheduled maintenance:

      Late openings (10am) - July 11, 13, 18, 20, 25 & 27
      Early closing (10pm) - July 10, 12, 17, 19, 24 & 26 "

      If your visiting during these dates, make note of this.
      really odd it would be scheduled like this in summer. Unless its a major issue why not do it overnight or push until after labor day

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

        Is this only for July? Or are these the only available dates right now? I'm going the first week of August, so I hope it'll be back to normal by then.
        You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

        "To live would be an awfully big adventure."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

          Originally posted by Golden Goofy View Post
          Is this only for July? Or are these the only available dates right now? I'm going the first week of August, so I hope it'll be back to normal by then.
          This is only for July. Don't worry.


          The world is a treasure trove of places.
          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
          Indy Ride Count: 2211
          World of Color Count: 74

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

            Strange..


            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

              ^it is....also cause they've been closing it for Ghost Galaxy every year you would think it does not need any more down time
              Happy Halloween!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

                Originally posted by lighttragic View Post
                really odd it would be scheduled like this in summer. Unless its a major issue why not do it overnight or push until after labor day
                True, but if Al's updates are right, a lot of big rides will be down for at last part of September. July doesn't even seem to be the busiest time at the parks anymore (a lot of days in October have been reported to have higher crowds).
                Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

                Daily updates on Facebook!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

                  Originally posted by Gadget View Post
                  True, but if Al's updates are right, a lot of big rides will be down for at last part of September. July doesn't even seem to be the busiest time at the parks anymore (a lot of days in October have been reported to have higher crowds).
                  I can confirm this new crowd pattern. Nobody ever believes me when I try to tell them, though. It's nice to have someone else out there that knows the truth about this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

                    is it just for this month right?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

                      Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                      is it just for this month right?
                      Again, yes this is only this month that they're doing it.


                      The world is a treasure trove of places.
                      The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                      Indy Ride Count: 2211
                      World of Color Count: 74

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

                        alright thanks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

                          I want to ride Space mt Ghost Galaxy but they better make it better. it's kinda cheapo.

                          I like the Haunted Mansion and Small World Holiday where everything is different. not just some projectors/lighting and different music.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

                            Space Mountain is having routine preventive maintenance.

                            One time a tall person broke Space Mountain, when I was in the boarding station and already in the rocket. All the back lights turned on and there was an a alarm sound. So, I had to leave, the rocket is near the control station near the first lift. I questioned a female CM when it will be back, but she was rude and didn't answer my question! I left kind of disappointed.

                            I guess the person shook the rocket on the boarding station causing an emergency shut down. Since the tall guest could not fit in and had to leave.


                            Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                            Save
                            Sav

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Space Mountain to have late openings and early closings this month.

                              Last summer some of the rockets were making awful noises against the tracks (wheel on track, or brake on brake pad, I am not sure), so I wonder if this is related.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X