This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Multi day tickets.

Just a warning to anyone who is purchasing a one day hopper off of a multi day ticket, Disney is cracking down and seizing the ticket. Do yourself a favor, and pay to get in the right way.

I'm not pointing a finger at anyone on MC because we all adhere to the rules.

I'm just sayin'......................................
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Re: Multi day tickets.

How do they know? If they discovered a person with a single-day on a multi-day before did they let it slide?

Well, I guess when they scan the ticket it says 5 of 6 days used. But how do they know that it isn't that person's ticket?

(of course I am just curious..........)
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Comment

Names are now printed on the tickets, as discussed in this thread:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...g-tickets.html

Comment

Watched a family this weekend approach the turnstiles. They hand the tickets to the CM. She scans the first one and asks "When was the first day you used these tickets?" Family says today. Called for a lead who explained "May not be transferred". The family started to protest, and the lead asked Dad for his ID (which he didn't have.) 6 people who probably paid $350+ and weren't able to go to Disneyland.
        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
          Just a warning to anyone who is purchasing a one day hopper off of a multi day ticket, Disney is cracking down and seizing the ticket. Do yourself a favor, and pay to get in the right way.

I'm not pointing a finger at anyone on MC because we all adhere to the rules.

I'm just sayin'......................................
          Mmmmmm Hmmmmmm I'm all for it!
          Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
          Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Makes sense to me. If they are protecting their investment I don't see why this is a problem for people. Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't trust purchasing a multi-day ticket from a complete stranger of craiglist or wherever they may be bought. You're forking over a ton of cash on the premise that the passes may or may not have days remaining on them, there's no way to verify that before heading into the turnstiles anyway right?
            "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Comment

Good... this will hopefully stop the shady Craigslist and ebay selling of these tickets (which most of the time don't even have any dates left anyhow).

Comment

My wife seized 45 tickets in just one day.

Now multiply that by the number of ticket takers that were there that day alone.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm glad Disney is cracking down on this, but I do feel bad for the (admittedly rather naive) families who think that this is a good way to save money on park admission and then can't get in. Hopefully word will spread quickly so people don't waste money on these scams.

Comment

Cracking down is the only way to stop ticket fraud. It may slow the turnstiles a bit, but it is worth it.
                    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Comment

This is awesome news. In a way, I feel bad for the people that get taken by this, but they were originally trying to cheat the system, so in a way they are getting what they deserve.
                      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDreamer View Post
                        I'm glad Disney is cracking down on this, but I do feel bad for the (admittedly rather naive) families who think that this is a good way to save money on park admission and then can't get in. Hopefully word will spread quickly so people don't waste money on these scams.
                        The old adage,"if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is" applies here.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                          My wife seized 45 tickets in just one day.

Now multiply that by the number of ticket takers that were there that day alone.
                          Nice....and that's the ones that make it to the gate. My wife seizes tickets at the booth all day long too. They buy these tickets and then come up to the booth and ask if they are any good. Duh....Then they are confiscated.
                          Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                          Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Wow, 45 tickets in one day, that's absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully this will mean more money into Disney's pocket which will help generate new revenues so those of us that pay properly and enjoy the parks can see that new money being used for renovations and maintenance projects.
                            "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Comment

..and to think all those people said this isn't really a problem.. and WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN??

Glad to hear the hammer is coming down. Feel sorry for those who may have had their kids stranded by this.. but buying grey market and knowingly trying to abuse the system will catch up with you eventually. Thank god Disney is finally putting their foot down.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X