Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full ride of old Monorail from 1990. VIDEO Enjoy!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Full ride of old Monorail from 1990. VIDEO Enjoy!

If you havent seen this before, but it gives a awesome view of the old monorail and old stations check it out

YouTube - ‪Disneyland-Monorail.Sept. 1990. The Whole Ride‬‏
    sigpic

Re: Full ride of old Monorail from 1990. VIDEO Enjoy!

That was great... and from the "cockpit" no less! Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
      That was great... and from the "cockpit" no less! Thanks for posting!
      Yeah it gives a awesome view and shows much of the park as it was
      sigpic

Comment

Ahhh...those were the days. I still think it was cool to pass over that vast, barren parking lot and then be plunged into the rich, lush environment of the park.

The ending shots of Tomorrowland are great - and what a concept - Tomorrowland with Peoplemovers, Skyways, Submarines, Monorails and Motorboats - a world on the move!!

Thanks for posting -

Comment

Pretty cool to see where DCA was built and where the parking used to be. Just goes to show you the massive undertaking that went to build the second gate.
          "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Comment

This is really great! I only went to Disneyland once pre-dca. Such a wonderful time for Disneyland.

Comment

My first trip was in 1991, so this era will pretty much always be "the golden age" for me. Wonderful video.

Comment

Sure brings back the memories for me. We were going just about every Sunday back then and I remember all that look that the Park had back then. Happy times.
                Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

I love it when the announcement says, "Disneyland was opened in 1955. A lot has chnaged since then." You don't know the half of it announcement guy!
                  To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Comment

yes it was a great time, i loved seeing the motor boats under the monorail too. Miss those boats and i also miss the speed ramp going up to the monorail station, those were awesome when i was a kid.
                    sigpic

Comment

The parking lot! The old sign! The red signage on the Disneyland Hotel!

I may be biased as a kid growing up in the 90's, but that was my favorite era of Disneyland.

Comment

Fantastic video, and I went to that version of Disneyland for 18 years with it being like that...love this look back at it. For me, DCA is still that 'new park' and all the changes hardly register to what I grew up with seeing, memory wise...oh well...
                        when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I remember exactly how it looked pre-DCA and the hoopla while it was being built. The middle canopy walkway in the parking lot is what I always remembered about the parking lot
                          DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

Originally posted by Explicit View Post
                            I remember exactly how it looked pre-DCA and the hoopla while it was being built. The middle canopy walkway in the parking lot is what I always remembered about the parking lot
                            yeah those were the days, i really miss the remote control boats at the Dland hotel too ;(
                            sigpic

Comment

We also have home video of the monorail during March 1990. In your video the PeopleMover is running while in ours, the PeopleMover was closed for refurb (it was always a weekend only attraction during the off season anyway), so you can see all the blue trains lined up on that downhill stretch of track outside the present day Innoventions building. Ours is from a normal cabin, but as far as I can tell it's Monorail Orange.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X