Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Disney Villain ride in the works?

Jonathan Freeman, voice of Jafar whose currently reprising the role for the Aladdin Musical in Seattle accidentally let this slip in a recent article/interview.

Villainy for the Long Haul - Page 1 - Arts - Seattle - Seattle Weekly
    In fact, during a phone interview between Seattle rehearsals for the much-anticipated new Aladdin stage adaptation, Freeman accidentally lets something slip about an unannounced battle-your-favorite-baddies Disney park attraction in which the venal Vizier would appear. But he quickly catches himself and summarizes his situation another way.
    Suppose this might be in the cards for that briefly glanced expansion plan in D23 a while back?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
    sigpic
    Flickr

Re: Disney Villain ride in the works?

Sounds cool!

I wonder what theme park this would be considered for?

Comment

That sounds EPIC. I love the disney villains and I really hope they have this at Disneyland!

Comment

Sounds like something for DCA. Battle-baddies? Sounds like something along the lines of TSMM. I'm sure it'll be in 3D and what not. Perhaps a combination between TSMM and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters?
        "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
          Jonathan Freeman, voice of Jafar whose currently reprising the role for the Aladdin Musical in Seattle accidentally let this slip in a recent article/interview.

Villainy for the Long Haul - Page 1 - Arts - Seattle - Seattle Weekly

Suppose this might be in the cards for that briefly glanced expansion plan in D23 a while back?
          What expansion plan? DCA phase 2?

Comment

Sounds awesome, I hope this is in the works for DLR, not strictly a WDW or overseas project.

Comment

Any kind of interactive gaming thing turns me off. I hate that they only think they can get people's attention nowadays with flashy video games and the like. I'd love to see the villains incorporated, but through a walk through or dark ride type experience that would fit Fantasyland (where I assume this would go) if in Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                What expansion plan? DCA phase 2?
                D23 had a shot of Imagineers looking over plans for an expansion to Disneyland, possibly between Frontierland and Fantasyland
                M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                sigpic
                Flickr

Comment

if it happens it will definitely be in between Frontier and Fantasy, starting at the Festival Arena. It's literally the only place they can expand the park.

Comment

Sounds like an old rumor that was supposed to replace the Great Movie Ride in Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida. Interesting though the source, seems more credible, but remember how long it took for Star Tours 2 after it started to slip...
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

If they do this, then they should have out every villain character not just at Halloween, and they need to include the Horned King

Comment

Sounds good to me!
                        ):lol::blush::bow::yea::sleep::thumbup::captain::clap::geek::im theone::meet::ap::squeeze::smart::angel:dMom

Oh how I love smiles!

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                          if it happens it will definitely be in between Frontier and Fantasy, starting at the Festival Arena. It's literally the only place they can expand the park.
                          That's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

I'd prefer a Villain water coaster to be next to Toontown.
                            Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

Comment

I wonder though.

When a villains shop opened in Fantasyland ... I felt that was Disney testing the waters for Things-Villainesque.

Then I was surprised to see that gone. And made me take a second look.

All depictions of all villains in any attraction in the DLR ... are as Antagonists WITHIN Attractions where the good guys are the over-riding "Protagonist" throughout the attraction - Beginning-Middle-End.

So .. I'm not so sure we'll ever see Disney's first attempt at an "All Villain" attraction .. where the Villain is the central and main focus.

But if it does indeed happen .. I'll be surprised ... as it will be A First.
                              MY SIGNATURE:
                              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X