This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freebies!

Last night, I caught the whim to drive over an hour to Disneyland during rush hour, with the iron-will intent of reading in front of the GCH fireplace. Of course, it was a crowded friday evening, as many of the guests were checking in, hanging out from the rain, and enjoying a story or two of their own. I wandered over to the cartoon corner to watch some cartoons in a rocking chair, and then went to check out the deco and what else was new inside the parks. Anyway, I had a pretty enjoyable time in the drizzle by myself. As a generally agreeable and low-key AP, I was there for about 3 hours, caught a few little shows (Crush), didn't spend a penny, and (imo) got two of the best freebies!

Item 1: Tortilla from the Mission factory. Fresh. Hot. I didn't have to watch the movie (which I usually enjoy), but I do wish that one of these days they'd crank up the machines to actually produce 1,200 tortillas an hour (or whatever the statistic is)

Item 2: Hanging car scent from DLR parking. Shaped like a candy cane, it promotes ABC's Christmastime programming. I don't much care for television, let alone Christmas television, but now it smells like Christmas in my car! Even the bf remarked that it smelled unusually good!

What are your favorite freebies from the parks?
    :captain: double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Re: Freebies!

I've got four of those candy canes in my car lol. They wear off in about 3-4 days. I love them.

My favorite freebie is cups of water since it saves me $3 every time I'm thirsty. Plus I don't drink soda anyway so it saves me the trouble.

Comment

Coffee refills, though you have to ask about it each place you buy your first cup, since the policy seems to change willy-nilly around the park. I don't know why they can't make a set policy between the different departments.

Comment

Disquieting Metamorphosis...Is there a tree in the lobby of GCH yet? Or for that matter, any other X-mas decorations?

Comment

Originally posted by Gothemi
          Disquieting Metamorphosis...Is there a tree in the lobby of GCH yet? Or for that matter, any other X-mas decorations?
          Yes, the tree is up this year. It took them a few extra days, but it looks lovely. (As Always!)
          -Monorail Man

Comment

It was up by 11/19 (my visit):

(I had to majorly tweak the brightness and contrast to make the picture decipherable, but the other one I took came out blurry. Sorry. )

My favorite freebie is definitely the water, though the actual mini-candy-canes they were handing out at restaurants was a nice touch too. We didn't drive so I didn't get an air freshener; blast!

Oh, and I liked the free sourdough bread at DCA better than the free tortilla, but that's probably because I was full of Mexican food when we went to get them.
            Daily Duffy blog! A new picture of Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni every day! (Now at Tokyo DisneySea!)

Also on Facebook!

Comment

Cool, thanks for sharing the pic gadget

Comment

By all means, The Gold Ears that were handed out on July 17th!!!!

Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Another freebie is the free VMK rubber wristband that is given out when you complete one quest inside the park.

Comment

Oh, those Gold Mouse Ears!! How could I have forgot! And add to that the reproduction first-year map that was handed out the same day!

Comment

i think the gold mouse ears from the 17th, but i'm also pretty fond of my gold pom-poms from the mickey mouse club b-day thingie.
                      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by Gothemi
                        Yes, and Santa has taken residence in the lobby. You can visit with him and take pictures by the Californian tree.

Oooh! I wish I was there on the 17th for those freebies!

Some of my other favorite freebies are one that I can't take home: GCH's hearthside storytelling at 3:30 and 5:30... and apparently, you get a whole bag of fresh tortilla's from the Mission factory on your birthday!
                        :captain: double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine
                          i think the gold mouse ears from the 17th, but i'm also pretty fond of my gold pom-poms from the mickey mouse club b-day thingie.
                          Ah, yes! The Gold ears from the 17th are still my favorite,
                          but I do really like the gold pom-poms and the Black DL Ears
                          that they gave us for the 50th anniversary of the MMC, In fact
                          I had the date October 3, 2005 placed on my MMC Ears, to
                          match the ones from July 17th!
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

^ Oh, cool! Did you have them embroidered at the park?

Comment

Gift With Purchase (GWP) stuff, like free lithos, free pins...
                              I don't mind making a minimum purchase if I can get something
                              for free!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X