Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea for the Matterhorn

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Idea for the Matterhorn

    I was listening to the music in this video of the Matterhorn...(please note I think you have to sign up for the site to view it...)

    http://www.visionsfantastic.com/foru...hp?i=1237&c=35

    and realized that the Matterhorn doesn't have any music like the Space Mountain cars have. I think the music presented on this video is very catchy, and fits the theme of the mountain. If the Matterhorn did get new cars sometime, I think that some sort of music should go into them, just like Space Mtn. I mean, the Matterhorn is an adventure, right?

    Any thoughts after listening to the music?

  • #2
    Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

    P.S. Maybe they could have the music on at night ... possibly like Space Mtn's RockIt Mtn. hmm...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

      Mmmm, I'd prefer it without music. Feels a little more "real" that way.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

        It would have to be yodelling to be authenticly Swiss.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

          I agree . . . music would be overkill. The Matterhorn benefits from more "natural" sounds like yodelers, oompa bands and attacking yetis.

          And, I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I've never cared for music tracks on Space Mountain. Pretty annoying if you ask me.
          Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

            I'd like to see DCA get a RocknRollerCoaster featuring the music of No Doubt / Gwen Stefani, as the band is all Anaheim or OC natives.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

              Personally, I'd just like to ride Gwen Stefani.
              Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

                It might be kind of cool but I think they could do better than to use the music from Illuminations ... but then again, I don't want them to mess with the classic! Although I do think the ride could use a retracking to mabye smooth it out a bit.
                Originally posted by drunkmom
                this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

                  Originally posted by MiceMan
                  It might be kind of cool but I think they could do better than to use the music from Illuminations ... but then again, I don't want them to mess with the classic! Although I do think the ride could use a retracking to mabye smooth it out a bit.
                  I agree on this one...a new track is the best thing they could do to this ride, along with new cars. I realize that the current bobsleds are classic and many people love the idea of them...but I'd have to argue that the seating isnt the best. And the track is so incredibly rough that many times I have gotten worried on this ride because it was squeaking and such. Anybody have any thoughts on a spruce up? and if or when it would happen?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

                    Originally posted by PianoManBluez
                    I agree on this one...a new track is the best thing they could do to this ride, along with new cars. I realize that the current bobsleds are classic and many people love the idea of them...but I'd have to argue that the seating isnt the best. And the track is so incredibly rough that many times I have gotten worried on this ride because it was squeaking and such. Anybody have any thoughts on a spruce up? and if or when it would happen?
                    Yes, I rode with daughterdisneyfer and I got a little ... uh ... uncomfortable! :blink: SQUISH!
                    Originally posted by drunkmom
                    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

                      Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
                      I'd like to see DCA get a RocknRollerCoaster featuring the music of No Doubt / Gwen Stefani, as the band is all Anaheim or OC natives.
                      Ugh; every time I go on the Matterhorn I get that song "Tragic Kingdom" in my mind...

                      But judging by that sound (and the rotted fruit images on that album), I thought the band was *anti* Disneyland?

                      I agree that the seating on the Matterhorn is less than ideal, although I don't know how they'd make new cars without decreasing capacity.

                      And is the Matterhorn structurally sound? I don't know where I read it, but I remember someone working on a rehab of the Matterhorn years ago, and after he saw the insides, he would no longer let his family ride it. I also remember it used to go down for month-plus rehabs every year (I didn't ride it for several years even when I made annual visits, because it was always out of commission on my Spring Break). Does it still have the same long rehabs?
                      Daily Duffy blog! A new picture of Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni every day! (Now at Tokyo DisneySea!)

                      Also on Facebook!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

                        I would prefer that Disneyland Resort never see Rock'n' Roller Coaster put into place in any form.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

                          You'd have to fight all the people who think they shouldn't change anything about anything... but I like the idea of putting music on.... or perhaps sound effects...

                          Imagine: hearing the yetti roawr from behind with heavy breathing and foot falls....

                          it could be cool
                          St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

                          "Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert




                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

                            The only changes I would like to see to the matterhorn would be a storytelling que through a deralict swiss town (MBC) and then a brief ride through the forest to the base of the montain (under pedestrian walkway). Also maybe theming the first lift a little more. Make it look like you are ascending the side of the icy peaks.
                            Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

                              Chesck out the ride thats 7 pictures down on this page, http://www.themeparkreview.com/europ...heidepark3.htm

                              Maybe they could work this into the matterhorn somehow.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X